hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Managed Hosting and Services : Proaxxs review - big thumbs up

Forum Jump

Proaxxs review - big thumbs up

Reply Post New Thread In Managed Hosting and Services Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Thumbs up

Proaxxs review - big thumbs up

I've been using Proaxxs for about three months now, and I wanted to post an early review of their services. Right now I have several server management packages through Proaxxs, as well as their prepaid never-expire per-ticket support (which they don't appear to offer anymore). I plan on upgrading to a semi-dedicated package in the next few months, and I'll post followup reviews at six and 12 months.

Some of you know that I've seen extremely rapid expansion during our first three months in business. Our sales figures far exceeded our most optimistic forecasts. We're now well past the point of being profitable, and that means more investment in our infrastructure, which means more products, which means more customers. But it also means that as our customer base grows, so does our support need.

After searching WHT and poring over reviews and offers, I elected to go with Proaxxs. They seem to be one of the "sleeper" companies on WHT that not many people talk about. Given that most customers are very enthusiastic about posting bad reviews the moment something goes wrong, I took this as a good sign.

Right off the bat, they took the time to learn about my company and my plans for the immediate future. I didn't lay out ALL my cards, of course -- just where I'm heading right this instant. What impressed me right off the bat was that they didn't just collect the login/password information and throw me in with the rest of their customers. They actually took the time to ask questions and listen to what I had to say. They even customized the way they handle my clients based on my company. This tells me that they care about their clients as well as the level of service that they provide.

It wasn't too long until my first ticket came in. As a host, there's nothing scarier than sitting on your hands and letting someone else handle a ticket. If someone at the DC called and told me that one of my servers just literally exploded, it wouldn't be nearly as stressful as letting someone else work with one of my customers. What if the tech uses poor grammar? What if the tech can't handle the issue? What if the tech is rude? It's my reputation on the line, so if things don't go 100% perfectly, I'm the one who will suffer. Suffice to say, turning over the keys to the help desk for the first time was a lot like going over a roller coaster blindfolded.

As I watched that first ticket unfold, my stress level quickly melted away. Their responses came quickly and were professional. While the responses weren't as polished as my own, they're effective, courteous, complete, and logical. Despite the complexity of some of the tickets, there hasn't been anything they haven't been able to handle. And their time to respond has been spectacular. Without formal metrics in front of me, I'd say they're in the 15-20 minute range for initial response. Resolution time varies depending on the complexity of the issue, but it's always been fast.

I have no qualms letting Proaxxs interact with my customers on my behalf. Their support is fast, effective, and reliable. They've been very helpful and accomodating of my needs. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs a hand with support.

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

Thanks for the nice review floor9. It's much appreciated as is your business!

Old
WHT Addict

very nice balanced review! u dont get many of those these days.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Great review. Very helpful! Thanks for posting.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Since this post is being cited as a testimonial, I want to state that we are no longer using Proaxxs due a very negative experience with their support team.

Old

Hi Floor9,

I have signed up with Proaxxs just some days ago after reading good reviews about them.. What's about your negative experience?

Thanks

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felinebullet View Post
I have signed up with Proaxxs just some days ago after reading good reviews about them.. What's about your negative experience?
Proaxxs made some unauthorized changes to a client's VPS, and Proaxxs' response was unsatisfactory to say the least. I'm not going to haul out the screencaps and ticket logs, because it's suffice to say that I no longer recommend Proaxxs.

Old

Interesting how things change promptly.
Are they now definitively no no, or can this go into the range of an inexperienced staff that made a mistake?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wp2whiz View Post
Interesting how things change promptly.
Are they now definitively no no, or can this go into the range of an inexperienced staff that made a mistake?
I believe it started as an honest mistake on the part of their technician. However, the severity of the mistake, combined with the response of their management staff, put them on the "definitely not, no way no how, at any price" list.

Last edited by FRH Dave; 07-06-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old
Disabled

I guess you could say it's not a "one size fits all"
And I can certainly understand being upset but it was not as serious as posted. sorry, and you know sometimes it's a matter of a "mutual" feeling, sorry to say

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
I believe it started as an honest mistake on the part of their technician. However, the severity of the mistake, combined with the response of their management staff, put them on the "definitely not, no way no how, at any price" list.
Just because of a mistake.As far as I remember you are with Fresh Roasted Hosting.You can even surely make mistake with a client,how would you feel if they acted this way like you are doing with Proaxxs.Nothings perfect,there's even bad review about Hostgator,so everyone will leave them no.You must have the plans for this kind of situation with a SLA to the clients.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by proaxxs View Post
it's a matter of a "mutual" feeling, sorry to say
A truly unprofessional and uncalled-for remark. I'm surprised; did Don authorize that post?

Folks, that's the attitude that caused me to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameev29 View Post
Just because of a mistake.As far as I remember you are with Fresh Roasted Hosting.You can even surely make mistake with a client,how would you feel if they acted this way like you are doing with Proaxxs.
If I treated a customer the way Proaxxs treated me and my customer, not only would I admit responsibility and apologize profusely, but I'd refund their current month AND give them a free month while they procured another provider.

Old

Sounds like Proaxxs is improving their services. Thanks for the detailed review.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH-Cheng View Post
Sounds like Proaxxs is improving their services. Thanks for the detailed review.
You might want to review the entire thread; my experiences went downhill shortly after posting this review. But you're welcome!

Old
Web Hosting Master

As for the quality and legitimacy of my reviews, browse through my post history and you'll find that every review I've posted has been fair and complete. I don't exaggerate and I don't embellish, ever.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488599

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=658673

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=694246 (Ah, Steadcom. I miss them. They defined great customer support.)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1110519