Thumbs down Burst Billing: Read & understand the whole ticket before using predefined replies ...

I'm not sure if Burst's billing department do this to all incoming tickets or what. But a pre-defined reply that doesn't even solve the issue is somewhat irritating.

When Created: 03-03-2012 - 02:39AM

Hello,

Could you cancel the current directadmin license on the follow server and adjust the invoice that is coming up.

Domain: xxx
    invoice: xxx

Jennifer B. 03-06-2012 - 02:40PM

Hello,

We are sorry that you wish to cancel service.

Cancellations can only be processed from within your service.burst.net account. Please go to the Client Area at https://service.burst.net. Once you log in, click the My Products and Services tab. Then, find the product you wish to cancel and click on the View Details button. At the bottom of the details page, select the option to Request Cancellation.

I hope this was helpful.

We thank you for your business.

We hope that we have addressed this matter, to your satisfaction. At this time, this ticket is being closed.

If you have any related questions, please feel free to re-open this ticket.

Requests pertaining to unrelated issues should be addressed in new tickets.

Thank you for contacting BurstNET.
    03-06-2012 - 02:50PM
    I'm NOT cancelling the server. I need to cancel the direct admin license.

If I do it through the control panel, it doesn't refect the change in
    the invoice that is due tomorrow
    Jennifer B. 03-06-2012 - 03:40PM
    Hello,

You will need to downgrade this in order to have to process correctly.

To place an upgrade/downgrade order or to add/delete an add-on option on an existing service/product, you may do so by updating the configuration of the service/product by completing the following steps:

1. Login in to the client area at: US: https://service.burst.net - UK: https://service.burstnet.eu/
    2. Click on \"My Products & Services\"
    3. Click on \"View Details\" on the service you would like to upgrade.
    4. Click the \"Upgrade/Downgrade Options\" button at the bottom of the page.
    5. Select your modification/addition as desired and click continue to place the order

Please let us know if you have any questions, or require further assistance.

We hope that we have addressed this matter, to your satisfaction. At this time, this ticket is being closed.

03-06-2012 - 03:43PM
    downgrade has been down per your instructions

you still need to manually adjust the invoice

https://service.burst.net/viewinvoice.php?id=xxx

NOT SURE WHY YOU USED PREDEFINED REPLY FOR A SIMPLY TASK LIKE THIS, IT
    WOULD'VE SAVED BOTH OF US CONSIDERABLE OF TIME...
    Jennifer B. 03-06-2012 - 04:48PM
    Hello,

Please advise if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

03-06-2012 - 05:28PM
    THE INVOICE STILL IS NOT ADJUSTED

I'm not sure how many times I need to reply to this

https://service.burst.net/viewinvoice.php?id=xxx

YOU NEED TO MANUALLY ADJUST THE INVOICE THAT IS DUE TOMORROW !
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried calling their phone support?
      0 Not allowed!

I am sure they will get it done and if not you can always get it credited. Not sure why this is a huge deal. They gave you the right method to cancel the addon and the only issue is an adjusted invoice. What is the Directadmin license cost? $10?
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you call em? 1 call can take carr of this issue.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I am sure they will get it done and if not you can always get it credited. Not sure why this is a huge deal. They gave you the right method to cancel the addon and the only issue is an adjusted invoice. What is the Directadmin license cost? $10?
    Hey, $10 is not the same for everyone. You pay for what you want, nothing more.
      0 Not allowed!

It's a huge deal because that's what the original request is about. Basically they (she) just gave me bunch of useless replies that aren't relevant.

Heck, at the end of every of her predefined reply she closes the ticket...

0 Not allowed!

Why is BURST.NET's CS so horrible. Seriously, I feel so bad for anyone with them...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteTech View Post
    Hey, $10 is not the same for everyone. You pay for what you want, nothing more.
    My point is that I am fairly sure Burst's master plan isn't to run away with this $10. Once it is pointed it generally it get's handled. Often not at the same pace that the customer wants but I am sure it will be handled if the cancellation was done within the window to cancel they will credit it.

Would you keep the $10 Infinitie? We wouldn't and I am sure you wouldn't. It just needs the people with the right access to do it.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!

My point is that I am fairly sure Burst's master plan isn't to run away with this $10. Once it is pointed it generally it get's handled.
    I think what the OP was trying to point out is that he thought he had pointed it out to them by sending in a ticket. Sorry, that was alot of pointing in that sentence!

The agent could have been a little more helpful instead of just providing canned response after canned response. The end result seems to be a waste of everyone's time - the OP still probably had to call in to get what he requested after a number of tickets to his host.
    Tommy Weber
    Web Services at The Small Business Authority (formerly CrystalTech)
    Quality Hosting Since 1997 with Affordable Shared, Dedicated, and Cloud Plans
    Backed by Highly Knowledgeable and Friendly 24/7/365 Support
      0 Not allowed!

It's actually sad that one has to post in WHT to get real support from them sometimes.

I hope you get the issue fixed.
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lonea View Post
    It's a huge deal because that's what the original request is about. Basically they (she) just gave me bunch of useless replies that aren't relevant.
    Sorry to say, but part of the "huge deal" is you mis-managing this from the get go

Problem 1: You don't email BurstNET Billing to cancel services. That includes licenses, additional IPs, whatever. Cast your mind back to your welcome email(s)...

If you wish to cancel service for this order, or for any services on your account, as per our Service Agreement, you MUST complete the Request Cancellation function which can be found in the client billing interface at https://service.burst.net/clientarea.php under "My Products & Services" and/or "My Domains". Selecting the specific service at that location, will bring you to the edit/modify screen for that service, where a Request Cancellation option appears. BurstNET® does NOT accept cancellation requests via email, phone, or support ticket.
    Problem 2: If you insist on mistakenly emailing in a cancellation, it would be a better idea to mistakenly email the sales department, who deal with licences etc

Problem 3: Admittedly Jennifer in Billing appears to have misread your ticket on her first response. She fixed that on her second reply when she told you, step by step, how to cancel the service.

Add to that that you opened the ticket in the early hours of a Saturday morning, and billing, customer service, sales etc wouldn't be in until Monday, you probably got yourself all worked up over nothing instead of just following the procedure you'd been asked to use in your welcome mail.

Simple eh? And doing it that way = no drama, and no need for a thread here
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, you don't know what you are replying to.

They have to manually adjust the invoice either way, they could've just fix in one go instead of replying 4 canned response.

The 4 canned responses solved nothing of the initial ticket.

You see where the problem is now ?

And no, I wasn't worked up. I know their billing don't work on weekends. Hence why I didn't keep asking for a reply in the initial ticket.

Next...

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Sorry to say, but part of the "huge deal" is you mis-managing this from the get go

Problem 1: You don't email BurstNET Billing to cancel services. That includes licenses, additional IPs, whatever. Cast your mind back to your welcome email(s)...

Problem 2: If you insist on mistakenly emailing in a cancellation, it would be a better idea to mistakenly email the sales department, who deal with licences etc

Problem 3: Admittedly Jennifer in Billing appears to have misread your ticket on her first response. She fixed that on her second reply when she told you, step by step, how to cancel the service.

Add to that that you opened the ticket in the early hours of a Saturday morning, and billing, customer service, sales etc wouldn't be in until Monday, you probably got yourself all worked up over nothing instead of just following the procedure you'd been asked to use in your welcome mail.

Simple eh? And doing it that way = no drama, and no need for a thread here
      0 Not allowed!

And yes the initial issue has been resolved by the director.

Jeanie 03-07-2012 - 10:45AM
    Hello.

I'm very sorry for any confusion.

Invoice #xxx has been adjusted. The DirectAdmin license fee is no longer included in the total amount due.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, you don't know what you are replying to.
    Actually I do You very kindly pasted the ticket replies

They have to manually adjust the invoice either way, they could've just fix in one go instead of replying 4 canned response.
    There was nothing for them to fix until you followed the correct process and cancelled the DA licence via the correct method, as laid out in your welcome email.

The 4 canned responses solved nothing of the initial ticket.
    Sorry? Jennifer's second response told you the same as your welcome email, but in a more thorough and helpful way.

You see where the problem is now ?
    Yup!

Anyway, glad you got it sorted eventually, albeit via a rather tortuous route
      0 Not allowed!

Awesome and thank you for giving feedback. Since all is well....
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!