Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My server at burst.net is down

My server has been down for almost 2 hours now. Anyone having the same problems? Sent in a support ticket but after over an hour still no reply.

6 vl0020.gwy01.sctn01.hostnoc.net (206.223.115.210) 57.398 ms 57.726 ms 57.788 ms
    7 xe1-02.agg02.sctn01.hostnoc.net (64.191.108.46) 57.353 ms 57.782 ms 57.666 ms
    8 ec0-61.au1801.sctn01.hostnoc.net (64.120.243.82) 58.475 ms 58.484 ms 57.975 ms
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *

We are NOT down, nor have we been.
    No need to sensationalize a thread title just because you cannot access one server.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

^^That's exactly the bad customer service attitude I want to avoid doing business with. Finally back up after I had to call in to tech support. Ticket was sitting there for 2 hours. Not happy- will be looking to move to a different hosting company.

So I suppose we should just let you falsely claim our whole network was down, when you know darn well, and just confirmed, that it was only your service? Sorry, not going to happen...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

Whatever. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem- is that not allowed on this forum? You have to be the worst rep for a company ever on forum.

And what about the 2 hours I had to wait for the ticket to get replied, and it was only looked at after I called in? What do you have say about that? If my ticket was replied in a prompt fashion, I would never have made the thread. I only created it after it was not replied to for over an hour. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by jstand1 View Post
    ^^That's exactly the bad customer service attitude I want to avoid doing business with. Finally back up after I had to call in to tech support. Ticket was sitting there for 2 hours. Not happy- will be looking to move to a different hosting company.
    look for another supplier burst sucks
    www.cometemisbolas.com
    Dedicated Servers / Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Web Hosting / Domains / GameServers MuOnline / Gunz / Lineage 2

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    So I suppose we should just let you falsely claim our whole network was down, when you know darn well, and just confirmed, that it was only your service? Sorry, not going to happen...
    Pretty bad with the whole support thing, eh?

Whatever. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem- is that not allowed on this forum? You have to be the worst rep for a company ever on forum.

And what about the 2 hours I had to wait for the ticket to get replied, and it was only looked at after I called in? What do you have say about that? If my ticket was replied in a prompt fashion, I would never have made the thread. I only created it after it was not replied to for over an hour. Lame.
    While I do agree that Bursts response was very harsh, it is indeed true. Posting on WHT because 1 server is down is a bit much. Now if Burst.net was also down it would be different. A more fitting title would have been "My server is down at Burst.net" yours implies that all of Burst.net is down.

Have you logged into your client are to ensure there were no unpaid invoices or outstanding abuse issues to ensure Burst did not suspend the server?

Otherwise, it could be many things, in which case need to be looked into by Burst
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Posting on WHT because 1 server is down is a bit much. Now if Burst.net was also down it would be different. A more fitting title would have been "My server is down at Burst.net" yours implies that all of Burst.net is down.
    My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GuatireHosting View Post
    look for another supplier burst sucks
    And you're trolling BurstNET threads why?

Is it because you lost 30 bucks because you forgot to cancel a VPS on time?

You're not going to scratch the surface of BurstNET's reputation with your sillyness, but you might want to think more carefully about your own reputation and that of the company you represent and advertise in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Have you logged into your client are to ensure there were no unpaid invoices or outstanding abuse issues to ensure Burst did not suspend the server?
    Oh yeah totally- I paid my invoices on time all the time. The server just needed a reboot according to the tech who replied to my ticket. I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems since no one replied to my ticket after an hour, which seemed to suggest a network outage, or at least a partial one.

Again, I emphasize no one replied to my ticket for over an hour, when my server was already down for 2 hours, and it was 3 hours before it finally came up after I called and they looked at the ticket.

No excuse for the bad customer service and the ugly attitude here by Burst, and I will certainly be looking take my business elsewhere. I had been with them for years enduring bad uptime and mistaken server shutdown (yes, they shutdown my server by mistake thinking I hadn't paid even though I did), but this is last straw.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems since no one replied to my ticket after an hour, which seemed to suggest a network outage, or at least a partial one.
    Still no reason for the rather dramatic thread title when you could have just gone to www.burst.net and pinged/traced it to show it wasn't a total outage before coming here and starting this thread?

^^No- last I checked there wasn't a rule about how I need to check for "total outage" before posting a thread here. Do you work for Burst also- sure sounds like it ;-).

Hello,

I have to agree that a better title for the thread would have been a good idea, but at the same time burst response to this thread came across harshly and almost uncaring. I've been thinking of giving burst a try but it's this sort of thing that puts me right off, I know WHT can be full of whiners but I often read these threads with great interest to see how the company handles them and I think burst did handle this badly.

Oh and still haven't heard explanation or excuse for the not responding to a ticket down for hours by the rude Burst guy here....

^^No- last I checked there wasn't a rule about how I need to check for "total outage" before posting a thread here.
    Yeah you're right, but I was assuming common sense was a free commodity around here

Do you work for Burst also- sure sounds like it ;-).
    No, and that's not the first time I've been accused of working for BurstNET, LeaseWeb, OVH and a few others. For your information the only people I work for are Her Majesty's Tax Inspectorate and my ex-wives. At least, that's how it feels when I look at my bank statement

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    I was assuming

Tut Tut ...
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    Yeah you're right, but I was assuming common sense was a free commodity around here

No, and that's not the first time I've been accused of working for BurstNET, LeaseWeb, OVH and a few others. For your information the only people I work for are Her Majesty's Tax Inspectorate and my ex-wives. At least, that's how it feels when I look at my bank statement
    I assume common courtesy is a "free commodity" too, but obviously that's a lost concept for you too as well, unless we're talking about nastiness.

Quote Originally Posted by GuatireHosting View Post
    Please stfu I had more than 30 servers in BurstNET
    Well whoopydooh for you! And you had to move them all away because (looking at your prior threads) you mis-managed your account with BurstNET and threw your teddy outta the pram and your pride got in the way of admitting you'd made an error.

And that justifies you trolling WHT how exactly?

It never ceases to amaze me how many folks in the hosting industry need to "grow a pair"

</unsubscribe>

Oh and still haven't heard explanation or excuse for the not responding to a ticket down for hours
    We can't check on this without knowing more details. Please provide the ticket ID. Also, it would be helpful for you to note how the ticket was submitted.

WOW I was about to join BURST.NET. Thank GOD I never signed up. Those first few posts from Burst.net staff was just terrible and rude. IMO OP, you made the right move.

Oh yeah totally- I paid my invoices on time all the time. The server just needed a reboot according to the tech who replied to my ticket. I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems since no one replied to my ticket after an hour, which seemed to suggest a network outage, or at least a partial one.

Again, I emphasize no one replied to my ticket for over an hour, when my server was already down for 2 hours, and it was 3 hours before it finally came up after I called and they looked at the ticket.

No excuse for the bad customer service and the ugly attitude here by Burst, and I will certainly be looking take my business elsewhere. I had been with them for years enduring bad uptime and mistaken server shutdown (yes, they shutdown my server by mistake thinking I hadn't paid even though I did), but this is last straw.
    Just so I am clear though, are you saying that your server is down for 2 hours then you opened a ticket and an hour later you posted here?

Or are you saying after you opened a ticket there was another 3 hours then you called?
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

The OP is getting alot of stick in this thread when all he did wa scome on WHT and ask if anyone else was having problems because one of his servers was down and thathe had submitted a ticket and it had gone un-answered ( regardless of the time of the ticket ).

BurstNET did come onto this thread abit harsh? na alot harsh. Also This is a forum right? so regardless if he submitted a ticket 10 minutes ago he can still comoe and make a thread on here and see if anyone else is having problems it's not as if he was pullinig Burst.net to pieces or anything.

Also F-DNS is always making posts in Burstnet threads and always sticking up for burst.net regardless of of who is right ( Oh and yeah i have pulled him / her up on this before ).

BurstNET i am also with you for 1 dedicated server though if a new customer who is deciding to sign up with you comes onto this thread and see's your comments they will run a mile. Regardless of whether its just 1 customer and it wont touch your client base, it doesnt give burstNET company a good look now does it?

Rant over.

I have a VPS with BurstNET, and have had continuous problems, although I have 512 MB hired, the VPS works as if I had 256 MB.

although my VPS is windows, I have had experiences with other providers without high bandwidth perhaps, but better stability on its servers.

I'm curious, OP. Not trying to point blame or anything, but did you SSH in? That's my first troubleshooting step when I'm unable to ping a server. If I can't SSH in, I'll contact the DC for an emergency reboot. Most DCs / hosts have an email address or ticketing department set aside exclusively for this, and they usually get handled with critical priority.

After the reboot, I'll dig through the logs and do a little testing to see if there's a network problem somewhere. If there is, that's a whole new critical ticket and/or phone call to the DC. If my server is otherwise up and running correctly but the network port is dead, that's the DC's / host's problem.

Just something to keep in mind for future incidents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast