Good Online Storage/Backup service

Hi, I need good online storage service with unlimited space or at lest several TB's.
    I need remote upload to transfer data from my servers and web links to download data back to my servers if i need it .
    The only services i found is rapidshare, they cheap and have proven service.
    I don't need to pay 300-400 $ at month in some backup cloud to have the same and i don't need services like filesonic or wupload beacuse nobody know what they do next.
    Do you know any good and cheap online storage service like rapidshare ?

If you are looking for a cheap solution, why not pay to have a second drive put into your dedicated server and just save backups on a different drive?
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

If you are running windows on the server you could use BackBlaze.

As i say it must be cheap. Additional several disk's to have few TB's of backup space is not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by cezary188 View Post
    As i say it must be cheap. Additional several disk's to have few TB's of backup space is not cheap.
    depending on what DC you use, it may be cheaper for the one time fee of adding hard drives versus paying monthly for solutions if you look at the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by virtuallynathan View Post
    If you are running windows on the server you could use BackBlaze.
    I have linux debian on all my servers

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    depending on what DC you use, it may be cheaper for the one time fee of adding hard drives versus paying monthly for solutions if you look at the long run.
    In my DC 500GB of additional space cost 10 EUR/month (13-14 USD)With rapidshare i pay 10 EUR/month and i have unlimited space...

Quote Originally Posted by xtop View Post
    Depending on this Storage why You Need to Buy ?
    I wrote everything above, i need few TB of storage with low cost. Does any one know something good beside rapidshare?

Take a look at Hetzner's EX or SX servers (depending on how much storage you need).

@MichelleH:
    I wouldn't call a 2nd drive a serious backup. Of course, it's better than nothing and eventually cheap. But if the PSU dies and kills the harddisks, such "backups" would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by space2rent View Post
    @MichelleH:
    I wouldn't call a 2nd drive a serious backup. Of course, it's better than nothing and eventually cheap. But if the PSU dies and kills the harddisks, such "backups" would be gone.
    True, but he said he was looking for a cheap option.. and depending on the DC it would be cheap, but as he stated what his DC offers it wouldn't work for him

Kimsufi 2G range, and then add an external 2TB usb hdd.

Kimsufi: €15
    HDD: €10 + €30 setup

Total storage = 3TB
    Recurring cost = €25

Quote Originally Posted by nzjav05 View Post
    Kimsufi 2G range, and then add an external 2TB usb hdd.

Kimsufi: €15
    HDD: €10 + €30 setup

Total storage = 3TB
    Recurring cost = €25
    That is good but i need at least 25-30 TB and have something like 20 EUR per month. Still rapidshare seems to be only solution

25 - 30 TB of space on 20 Euro a month? Good luck! That is several thousand dollars in hard drives.
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.

Quote Originally Posted by EndServer View Post
    25 - 30 TB of space on 20 Euro a month? Good luck! That is several thousand dollars in hard drives.
    I know that already but i can use rapidshare for that purpose with only 10 euro/month and i'm asking you what besides rapidshare i can use ?

Quote Originally Posted by cezary188 View Post
    I know that already but i can use rapidshare for that purpose with only 10 euro/month and i'm asking you what besides rapidshare i can use ?
    Nothing, rapidshare is NOT a backup service. Besides after megaupload fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets shut down just like megaupload did.

All I can do is sigh on this one.
    "Good online storage/backup service"

and "cheap"

are a recipe for disaster.

Sad thing is, OP is unlikely learn that common sense until such a disaster strike him. Even then, he is unlikely to learn.

lol
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

So you want 30-40TB of space for 20 Euros a month?

I don't see this ending well. Services like RapidShare aren't meant for backups. There is a reason.

I wouldn't trust any backup service less than say, $0.25 per G of storage. Anything less than that and I doubt they are legitimate backup services and/or going to stay in business long.

Overall, if you like RapidShare so much, then use them. If finding an alternative to them is hard, There is a reason why...
    Rock solid hosting and dedicated servers since 1998!
    StabilityHosting Where stability and uptime are king!

are you sure they wont just cut your account when you upload 25-30TB of data? and expect to be able to do that for 20€ ? seems insane..
    Last edited by mazedk; 04-04-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    /maze

If you arent willing to pay more than 20Euros a month to host 20-30TB of data than you must not want anything reliable so I say go for Rapidshare. Since you arent listening to people who know what they are talking about maybe you'll have to see for yourself