Thumbs up Incero Review 1+ months

Hi,

It's not often I feel compelled to spend time writing reviews but on this occasion I feel indebted to Incero to do so.

I came here asking on a thread for high bandwidth servers and already had Incero in mind having seen their recent offers. From it I contacted Gordon at Incero who set me up a 100TB server quickly in readiness for an app I have coming out soon.

I have a streaming site and the servers run Windows. I had been thinking of leaving my previous host Serverpronto for a while. I'd been with them nearly 8 years and had a customised setup with a crossover cable between two machines and various bits and bobs - but it was never 'officially' a product they could track down - my billing started creeping up and when I contacted them about new server/bandwidth options, the outlook wasn't great.

Some irritating blips and outright disastrous downtime in the last year had also got me worked up to the point of moving and given Gordon's speed on that first server and his ability to quote and provide for any kind of custom setup I asked him for a quote which came back brilliant (a tiny bit more than I was paying at SP for a whole lot more power/bandwidth), so I went with it straight away.

We had some issues with RAID1. I mistakenly thought software RAID might be better - but the hot swap drives they use in the DC made Windows BSOD when pulled out - so after having installed all three machines once, I made poor Gordon do them all again with onboard RAID. We then tested a swap-out scenario which worked flawlessly... I am particularly pleased with that and the time Gordon took to make sure it was fine.

In the next week I transferred my site, which after 8 years at the old hosts was a real headache as you can imagine I had all sorts of weird bits of config I had forgotten about. Thankfully, even though I was changing OS (2003 to 2008 R2), everything has worked out brilliantly.

On speedtests on the server, I can talk to a point a few hundred miles away and get 500MBps in both directions. Google is a <1ms ping away... basically the servers are in a great place and what they say is what you get.

I have three boxes now with Incero - he hooked me up with a customised LAN setup and of course the RAID on each box.

In the month that has elapsed so far I've seen nothing that would even count as a network blip, let alone any other sort of trouble.

So as you can gather, this review is overwhelmingly positive for Incero. Gordon has the patience of a saint and I feel much better knowing that they have the capacity for me to grow, in a fully customisable way - are easy to contact and completely fair with their pricing.

I look forward to provisioning more servers with them as the site grows.

Cheers!

Reviews such as this one just make me even more exited to be getting a server from them. I've had to wait for stock to be available but I think it will be well worth the wait

Glad your server is working out great!

I had a small wait for stock too but wasn't in a massive hurry so it was fine. At least you know the hardware is brand new! Hope all goes well for you.

Incero is a good way to go, especially if you are used to managing your server over IPMI.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Thanks for the kind words, feedback is always very much appreciated. It's a pleasure serving you, it was also interesting to find out that Windows software RAID doesn't like hotswap so much, good old BSOD.

(pic att regarding 500mbit speeds, certainly any slow down is on other networks not ours. All clients can max out their ports any time )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6502521414-orig.jpg  
    Last edited by gordonrp; 03-06-2012 at 01:44 PM.

they are good. got 1 server with them, and putting in the second in a week or so, and a third sometimes next month. pretty great stable network there.
    We live in a twilight world

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post

(pic att regarding 500mbit speeds, certainly any slow down is on other networks not ours. All clients can max out their ports any time )

Do you have any speed tests from European servers? Also the guy in your homepage looks familiar... Is that from quickweb?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie21 View Post
    Also the guy in your homepage looks familiar... Is that from quickweb?
    I think you'll find a lot of hosts use stock photos from http://www.istockphoto.com/.