Seeking Solid Dedicated Host

Hi, I am looking for a dedicated host with the following requirements:

* 8 CPU cores (may need 16 later)
    * 16GB RAM (may need 32GB later)
    * 2TB/month bandwidth
    * 100GB storage, prefer SSD, RAID not necessary
    * Budget: up to $200/month

I'd prefer the location to be in the USA, but I'm open to Europe if support is 24/7. I have an admin, so managed is not necessary if service is reliable. Thanks for any recommendations.

Are you looking to add more cores on node you start with?
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

I'd recommend contacting sales @ dreamservers.uk.com for 24/7 support they're based in Europe.

I doubt you'd be able to get SSD at that price, but you can try the Find a Host option here on WHT and see if you get any good offers.

best of luck!
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Take a look at reliablesite.net or email sales@reliablesite.net, they advertise a 16 core amd opteron 6272 with 16 gb RAM at $199.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    I doubt you'd be able to get SSD at that price, but you can try the Find a Host option here on WHT and see if you get any good offers.

best of luck!
    I agree with Cirtex I think it's going to be hard to find 16GB of RAM in a dual quad for under $200 with SSDs.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Cirtex and Techy are definitely right - You'll have a hard time finding a "low" price for what your're currently looking at.

Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

Thanks to this community for the quick replies. Reliablesite looks pretty good for the money. I'll research a bit if they are, well, reliable.

Dreamservers is surprisingly Windows-centric, I'm looking for Debian or Centos (forgot to mention). The hardware looks good however. I might be able to get by on 4 cores if they are hyperthreaded (will research).

I concur that $200/month is a fairly low budget for my requirements. The first thing I'd give in on is the SSD, but 10k SATA would be nice... Right now my infrastructure is spread across 4 VPSes, which is hard to beat price-wise. I'm getting tired of poor performance and the random issues which seem to pop up...

ReliableSite is solid. Their support is quick too.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

So if I understand it correctly this server will be used for migrating all your VPS's to this 1 specific node?
    Location-wise I think it's best to find a location which suites for your customer base. If most of your clients are from US, find a US host and if it's EU, get one in Europe.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by KimTorris View Post
    Take a look at reliablesite.net or email sales@reliablesite.net, they advertise a 16 core amd opteron 6272 with 16 gb RAM at $199.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWebsiteGuy View Post
    ReliableSite is solid. Their support is quick too.
    And thank you!!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by abbyd View Post
    Thanks to this community for the quick replies. Reliablesite looks pretty good for the money. I'll research a bit if they are, well, reliable.

Dreamservers is surprisingly Windows-centric, I'm looking for Debian or Centos (forgot to mention). The hardware looks good however. I might be able to get by on 4 cores if they are hyperthreaded (will research).

I concur that $200/month is a fairly low budget for my requirements. The first thing I'd give in on is the SSD, but 10k SATA would be nice... Right now my infrastructure is spread across 4 VPSes, which is hard to beat price-wise. I'm getting tired of poor performance and the random issues which seem to pop up...
    Hi Abbyd we can also offer managed services for linux, just fire us an email if you want to discuss more & yes the processors are HT.
    James Little Operations Director Dream Servers Ltd

Dedicated Servers - Colocation - IP Transit - Data Storage - Managed Services - Cloud Web Hosting - Cloud vServers