Colocrosing review - 8 months later

First off, I'm going to try really hard to give a non-biased review. I have read a lot about Colocrossing on here however I've experience none of the negatives that others have. I may be lucky who knows

I ordered my server on a Wednesday night back in July 2011 at about 11pm, and received the welcome email at around 1am. This to me was un-ordinary. I've never received a server that quickly. I ordered a standard Core 2 Quad with 4gb of ram. They were out of that particular model so they upgraded me for free at no cost. The cost of the server was more than I should have paid, however the support made up for it. I run game servers and for some reason people love to attack them with whatever scripts they want. SYN, HTTP floods etc. CC's network handled them well and I never lost full connectivity to the server. That could mean the attacks were small or CC was able to null them easily. I haven't been a very needy client, but every ticket I've submitted had a response in under 30 minutes. My server is in the Chicago Dupont Datacenter. The connection is what you'd expect from the network up there. Latency is low through out the US but once you move over seas pings pick up more then I've experienced in the past from other locations. It wasn't bad as to warrant a move but it was noticeable.

I really only have one gripe with them. They manly focus on Collocated servers as I have seen. This means their sales department in my mind didn't seem like they really wanted to make a sale on their dedis. They weren't as aggressive as other companies I've worked with. Some might find this nice, but I didn't really like it. I don't know why, it just didn't seem like they wanted you as a client.

In my book this company gets an A+. I haven't had a single day of downtime that was their fault. Sadly their pricing isn't what I'm wanting. If you are looking to collocate a server I'm sure they are in my mind the people to go to, however beware with the dedis they are not cheap. I'll be with them a couple more months, then I'm moving over to incero. Look for a review for them soon
    Last edited by patt1293; 03-06-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks for sharing your experience with WHT, I'm sure future potential customers will find it very useful, and best of luck with your projects.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Nice review -- Just read how they donated $40,000 worth of technology to a local school too

@patt1293, thanks for the kind words. Great to see that you're a happy customer. Contact me at jbiloh-at-colocrossing.com so we can work with you to make sure you don't need to move elsewhere based on pricing.

@TuckerPDS, thanks for pointing that out, the donation will be covered more widely very soon!

For those who are curious about our contribution, you can check it out at http://blog.colocrossing.com/?p=182
    ColoCrossing - Dedicated to Uptime
    Jon Biloh | jbiloh@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716 | Skype: jbiloh
    DDOS Protected Colo & Dedicated Servers in Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles