OpenVZ or Hyper-v

Hello,
    Dear, I'm doing a bit research about setting up VDS nodes .

I trying to compare between those two .

OpenVZ , i tried it it's simple almost everybody using it but as a node you don't have any options nor a panel for it .

While in the other hand, I have Microsoft Hyper-v , which can be set on multiply servers and i could setup ( HeartBeat/Failover ) with it this solution i don't feel OpenVZ have it .
    Also in Hyper-v, i can setup an scvmm (System Center Virtual machine Manager ) which can be used and by that we almost have everything the Virtuzzo are offering even i feel like more secure to the data as we can use an MSA storage .

What are your advice.

Btw, I worked on citrix,hyper-v for long time but all the vm's i was working on was locally now i going to start selling VDS world that's why i'm wondering .

Regards

You can't really compare OpenVZ and Hyper-V, Hyper-V is more along the lines of XenServer or VMware.

OpenVZ is not real virtualization, but more of virtual isolation. So you get Linux or Linux. With Hyper-V you can run Linux, Windows, etc.

Hosting Controller will give you a useful Hyper-V control panel.
    http://hostingcontroller.com/Hosting...-Software.html

Plus if you already know Hyper-V, it might be a good idea to stick with something you know to start. Hyper-V is pretty solid, we have several Hyper-V boxes that are rock solid for both internal and client use. We've also used Hyper-V for Virtual Desktops (Win 7 Ent.) and it's also rock solid.

That being said, if you're comfortable and familiar with Linux. You can probably get more profit and offer better pricing to clients looking for Linux boxes if you use OpenVZ. So weigh your options and figure out your target market.

other vps software

hyper-v is a good solution, but you can always look into SoluxVm, and run Xenserver, KVM and a number of other software solutions. The one thing about Hyper-v that i've heard most complaints on is the company that developed, and owns it.
    If I were looking to offer VM's, or VPS's(same thing) i would definitely want to offer both Windows and Linux. Also hardware level virtualization.
    Lee Linton | Sr. Account Manager | HIVELOCITY
    Everything Bare Metal
    GLOBAL DATA CENTERS | NORTH AMERICA | EUROPE | APAC |

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    You can't really compare OpenVZ and Hyper-V, Hyper-V is more along the lines of XenServer or VMware.

OpenVZ is not real virtualization, but more of virtual isolation. So you get Linux or Linux. With Hyper-V you can run Linux, Windows, etc.

Hosting Controller will give you a useful Hyper-V control panel.
    http://hostingcontroller.com/Hosting...-Software.html

Plus if you already know Hyper-V, it might be a good idea to stick with something you know to start. Hyper-V is pretty solid, we have several Hyper-V boxes that are rock solid for both internal and client use. We've also used Hyper-V for Virtual Desktops (Win 7 Ent.) and it's also rock solid.

That being said, if you're comfortable and familiar with Linux. You can probably get more profit and offer better pricing to clients looking for Linux boxes if you use OpenVZ. So weigh your options and figure out your target market.
    I agree that Hosting Controller is good choice for VPS management on both Windows and Linux through single GUI.

As for a CP for OpenVZ..... check out SolusVM (www.solusvm.com). It also can integrate with WHMCS for billing and automated turnups. It additionally works with KVM, Xen, and OpenVZ
    LionLink Networks
    Ashburn Data Center Colocation, Infrastructure Solutions, and Premium Optimized Connectivity
    Infrastructure and Colocation Solutions For All Sizes - Managed Services - Dedicated Servers - Data Center Consulting - Now POP'd @ RagingWire! | www.lionlink.net | sales@lionlink.net | (844) DATA-CENTER | Ashburn Colocation