Thread: Custom cPanel

* Custom cPanel

We are currently looking into creating some custom cPanel plugins/addons, such as a file counter. We also would like to create a theme for our cPanel to make our cPanel different from others. I am looking, but I can't find anyone I can pay hourly or something. Does anyone have recommendations? or would like more info so they could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by famerdave View Post
    We are currently looking into creating some custom cPanel plugins/addons, such as a file counter. We also would like to create a theme for our cPanel to make our cPanel different from others. I am looking, but I can't find anyone I can pay hourly or something. Does anyone have recommendations? or would like more info so they could do it.
    A true custom theme for cPanel is abit of a long task.

What sort of budget do you have?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    A true custom theme for cPanel is abit of a long task.

What sort of budget do you have?
    Don't really have a budget, but it just depends on what can be done. I don't need that much customized, (as a lot I can do myself, If I take the time) but there are some add ons and stuff I would like to be done. Does your company offer it? How do you charge?

When you say file counter, do you mean "INODE"? If so check out whmcs gold abuse monitor.
    /
    /->Nahian
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

Thanks - I will look up that, maybe I can get some more custimaztion built onto that. Thanks

For the file counter you really just need to make something that executes a shell script like:

Code:
    echo "Detailed Inode usage for: $(pwd)" ; for d in `find -maxdepth 1 -type d |cut -d\/ -f2 |grep -xv . |sort`; do c=$(find $d |wc -l) ; printf "$c\t\t- $d\n" ; done ; printf "Total: \t\t$(find $(pwd) | wc -l)\n"
    It should not be too complex to do.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    When you say file counter, do you mean "INODE"? If so check out whmcs gold abuse monitor.
    /
    /->Nahian
    As far as I remember that operation has been fairly dead when they still promoted their WHMCS-cPanel bridge? Have there been any changes lately?

Well not sure, The script has been made open source and has the basic structure given. Would be easier to integrate by some one with a basic php knowledge then creating something from scratch. And would be cheaper.
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

@SeriesN Do you have experience with that abuse monitor script specifically? There has been a similar thing around developed by a host that went under suddenly last September (haha, reminds me of another thread)...

I wouldnt touch anything from WHMCS Gold...
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I wouldnt touch anything from WHMCS Gold...
    Just my thoughts, therefore I was wondering about any possible changes in the structure of this operation?!?

Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    @SeriesN Do you have experience with that abuse monitor script specifically? There has been a similar thing around developed by a host that went under suddenly last September (haha, reminds me of another thread)...
    Never used the script on my host. Saw it on a different host I used to provide part time support for. But ya whmcsgold is junk.
    Btw, Which thread? Which script? Link me.

The name was similarly Abuse Monitor from GG Webhosting and the user on this forum was GGWH-James. Was also active on the WHMCS forum. Just vanished from the surface of the earth overnight.

Poor sole.

I have the WHMCS-cPanel bridge - and I was thinking about updating it. :| I wonder if I should buy it. WHMCS-Gold seems dead, but they have some great stuff - it would be cool if you could get up with the owner and continue it. I have a good knowledge of PHP - I just haven't even bothered looking into the cPanel API. I might could do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    Poor sole.
    Not so poor, I think they let quite a number of people down. Just stopped all of their operations, didn't answer mails, website down, however, the domain was renewed, with PP, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    Not so poor, I think they let quite a number of people down. Just stopped all of their operations, didn't answer mails, website down, however, the domain was renewed, with PP, of course.
    So you would not recommend me purchasing and trying to fix it? I have a good knowledge of PHP, just I don't want to take the time and do this if its already done.

Quote Originally Posted by famerdave View Post
    So you would not recommend me purchasing and trying to fix it? I have a good knowledge of PHP, just I don't want to take the time and do this if its already done.
    If you're talking about WHMCS Gold I wouldn't personally touch them with a long pole from what I have heard over the years. But you may do a search to see for yourself if there have been any significant improvements lately.

From my research, they look very bad. I think I will keep looking for someone who is willing to develop me something similar to this. Thanks!

I personally wouldn't use them, they let us down badly and I have started putting little faith even with some respected users who attend this forum.

James was one of those for GG...
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars