What dedicated server would be best?

I'm currently hosting a gameserver on a friends dedicated server that he built himself, I don't know the specs but I know it's some high-end stuff that he spent around 1,300 euros building.

Anyway, the dedicated server itself is awesome and is way more than I need. The problem is, DDoS attacks. I haven't got enough funding to go and buy some high-end firewall or anything like that so I feel my only option is to rent a dedicated server from a company who will provide decent DDoS protection.

I don't really know what I require spec wise but there are a few things I require:
    -MUST be located in the EU.
    -MUST provide fairly decent DDoS protection
    -OS MUST be windows
    -Budget is around 120 euros(MAX)

Below is something I was looking at, the only thing putting me off is the price (129.99 euros including windows 2008 standard edition)
    https://webtropia.com/en/home/enterp...details.html#s

I also have another question, what is the difference between windows 2008 web edition and standard edition? I see web is about 10 euros cheaper than standard. I'm hosting my forums, MySQL databases and all of that stuff on my friends dedicated server.

From what I have been investing my time into learning, when it comes to DDOS protection, things can get pretty pricey. Can I ask why the server needs to be located in the EU?

You won't find DDOS protection and a decent spec server with that budget, your best bet would be to grab a server with a gbit port and hope the attacks don't overwhelm it.

Hetzner, OVH / Kimsufi, Server4You, Qirus and Worldstream are all worth looking into for a start.