Need 100mbps UNMETERED on a GOOD network

Specs don't need to be top but be able to max out 100mbps whenever I please and be on a good network (No FDC).

Budget is 100 to $150.

>good network
    >1,5$ / Mbps

You don't have the budget for a "good" network.

SL is a good network. Any resellers for them for 100mbps connections?

Not even a Reseller is going to undercut the 2000$ SL takes for 100Mbit by much, excluding 100tb.com which has very varieing reviews here.

Incero
    $149 E3-1230 Server Sale, Limited Time Offer

Price, Performance, Reliability. Pick 2.

$100-$150 a month gets you to $1 - $1.50 a megabit, and that's just bandwidth! Very difficult to accomplish here. If you need to be on a quality network, certainly your business generates enough revenue to where you can justify that quality network and pay appropriately for it.
    GenesisAdaptive.com · IP Transit and Connectivity, Colocation, & Enterprise IT Services
    █ Available in 9 Metros, 3 Continents, 1/10/40/100G Ports.
    Follow us on Twitter @GenesisAdaptive!
    █ Phone: (309) 807-5261 · Email: leec @genesisadaptive.com

maybe fdc?
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

Where is your target location?
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

Quote Originally Posted by quotecolo View Post
    maybe fdc?
    Unless I am going blind the OP(original poster) has posted in the original post that he does not want FDC.

I would have a look with 100TB(Not unmetered, but 100TB is a lot) and Choopa.

Quote Originally Posted by FTN-Uriah View Post
    Choopa isn't an option on a $150/m budget, they charge +$220/m just to add 100Mbit unmetered.

Quote Originally Posted by FTN-Uriah View Post
    100TB is about 3x more than unmetered 100Mbps would be capable of pushing through at 100% load 24/7 for the entire month on the 95th percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdavids22 View Post
    Specs don't need to be top but be able to max out 100mbps whenever I please and be on a good network (No FDC).

Budget is 100 to $150.
    I can realistically see a 10Mbps unmetered server at that price on a good network. However with 100Mbps+ your mileage may vary, and you still may need to up your budget a bit for something decent. Your best bet is going to be along the lines of what 100TB.com offers at around $200/mo~ But again you get stuck with mixed reviews. And with so many people looking for that cheap server and cheap bandwidth. It's a magnet for causing network slowdowns due to heavy overselling to clients who want to "crush the pipe" so to speak.

Realistically if you wanted unmetered and "dedicated" bandwidth, it would be closer to $1000/mo~ to have it 100% at your disposal with the network capacity to back it. Not using anything like Cogent either, otherwise you can get that plenty cheap. But that drops you from a "good" network to an "okay" network IMO.

I would consider checking the speeds you get by asking for a download speed test, and a test ip to ping before paying the high pricing of an unmetered port. Also if you look around you may find some other options besides the few that are listed.
    Lee Linton | Sr. Account Manager | HIVELOCITY
    Everything Bare Metal
    GLOBAL DATA CENTERS | NORTH AMERICA | EUROPE | APAC |

Quote Originally Posted by Miscis View Post
    Incero

I recommend this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscis View Post
    Incero
    Do you have any more info on these guys? The stock themeforest template, spelling errors and stock photos instead of actual DC photos don't instill much confidence.

Granted the price is great, almost too good to be true actually.

I'm mostly curious...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Do you have any more info on these guys? The stock themeforest template, spelling errors and stock photos instead of actual DC photos don't instill much confidence.

Granted the price is great, almost too good to be true actually.

I'm mostly curious...
    I had speculations too and never imagined a company could exceed my expectations like they have. Great personal service and very responsive. I have 3 servers with them.

Also check out their facebook page for actual pics...
    Last edited by hussein; 03-04-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: more info

Hello,

Are you going to use all 100mbps or you only want to order this to be not charged for extra BW?
    Innovative Monitoring Solutions - Xitoring
    Linux Server Monitoring | Windows Server Monitoring
    Uptime Monitoring | Status Page | SSL Monitoring | API Monitoring

The quality bandwidth costs more than $4-$5 per mbps to any web host unless the hosting company has 10 Gbps or higher commitment. There are a few big hosting providers that have decent networks and try to puttee prices of the unmetered servers down to the minimum. However this is underbidding policy which might not work good in a long run.

You do not expect to get hosted on a reliable, redundant network and to use quality bandwidth unless the hosting provider oversells. You always have an option to get caught by a "$150 unmetered bandwidth" offer and to make compromise with the quality. The other option is to make a choice based on quality, which means to carefully review the web hosts' networks, to ask questions and to be prepared to pay a fair price for a decent service.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by hussein View Post
    I had speculations too and never imagined a company could exceed my expectations like they have. Great personal service and very responsive. I have 3 servers with them.

Also check out their facebook page for actual pics...
    I'm unable to find their facebook page, can you post a URL?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    I'm unable to find their facebook page, can you post a URL?
    http://www.facebook.com/Incero

Quote Originally Posted by hussein View Post
    Thanks for the mention, and yes to clarify on the points above; Incero's tier 1 premium bandwidth blend is always fully dedicated, not shared. We have capacity in the tens of gigabits, and have fully redundant routers, etc.