How to choose best dedicated server for 220-270US$

This days I have really nightmare to find and choose better solution for new dedicated server.

In short.
    At this moment we are using Siteground dedicated server Atom Dual-Core 330 1.6 GHz for 169$ monthly price. As result of progress of our business we decide to change server with better performance or infrastructure and here was comes nightmore.

We found nice offer from GIGA International Dedicated Server X Intel Core i7 3930K 64GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 3000GB HDD for 149 EURO + 29 cPanel/WHM (appr. 250 US$) which we think are much better than Siteground dedicted server Intel i3 540 3.06 GHz 4 GB DDR3 500 GB for 219 US$.

Now its comes nightmare. After I review GIGA International I found here not so nice information about there hosting, but most of them are not concerning dedicated server hosts. Then I try to research offer from other hosting providers and I find many different offers for dedicated server. Price can be almost for same configuration of HW and SW between 199US$ to 440 US$.

So I would like to ask community to help us with there suggestion to choose right Dedicated server for price range 220-270 US$ /month. In price must be include everything from hardware and software with not hidden charges.

ideal combination will be support which offer Management service like Siteground

==
    The Management services include:

Initial setup of Apache server
    Initial setup of DNS server
    Initial setup of MySQL server
    Initial setup of Mail server Exim
    Installing Control Panel: cPanel + WHM
    Installing Firewall: Iptables
    Rebooting/restarting the server upon your request
    Providing a server diagnosis in case of failure

==
    and hardware configuration as offer

GIGA International Dedicated Server X - Intel Core i7 3930K 64GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 3000GB HDD

for requested price and payment by credit card.

Hope with community we will find needed help for right choice of our new dedicated server

After the intial setup can you handle the server by yourself, or do you need constant management? Also any preference on location?

When we start using dedicated server we need little bit support and we make few monthly tickets. Last months we don't have any management or helpdesk ticket.

So today we management almost everything we need by ourselves trough cPanel and WHM.

We don't have preference location, except do not have any limits with domains or anything else. Speed is important and how much traffic will be include in price.

Maybe we will need just help to transfer accounts painless to another dedicated server.

i have a management company (which i was using for years) but the last days not solve my issues. just saying that they will see the problem, and after 8-10 hours nothing....so i am trying bumyself to repair what i can repair...

Hosts that offer management:
    http://www.liquidweb.com/dedicated/
    http://www.wiredtree.com/managedservers/ (dont have personal experience, but heard good things)
    http://www.gigenet.com/managed-dedicated-servers.html

Unmanaged hosts, which you can get managed hosting from a separate company:
    http://www.rapidswitch.com/servers.aspx
    http://www.hetzner.de/page_us_d.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Alx@ndar View Post
    The Management services include:
    Initial setup of Apache server
    Initial setup of DNS server
    Initial setup of MySQL server
    Initial setup of Mail server Exim
    Installing Control Panel: cPanel + WHM
    Installing Firewall: Iptables
    Rebooting/restarting the server upon your request
    Providing a server diagnosis in case of failure
    I am not sure if I can call that is a management plan. Most of vendors can do initial setup. In fact, you are using cPanel, and installing cPanel will give you all Apache, DNS, mySQL, mail server, etc. That's totally unmanaged server, from my view.

Do you require cPanel, or can move to other, such as DirectAdmin, another very good hosting control panel?

Thanks.

Yes, with cpanel installation you get get all features added in your list. But I think you need to increase your budget for the server configuration if you look for really quality service.

Hi,

You will not find a quality dedicated server with such high hardware specifications and a low price. There is a reason there are bad reviews...

With that sort of budget, you can still find a good Intel Nehalem server or equivalent with around 24GB RAM. If you want to really cut down on price, you can probably find a decent AMD or something with 16GB RAM around $100-150 per month. It is really up to you what you value more - high specs with potential high downtime, or decent specs with 100% uptime.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more