List of Fully Managed Dedicated Server - What else should be included?

I'm a complete server newbie and only been using shared hosting. There's a lot to do running websites and as a single operator, I'd rather be the project manager keeping an eye on every single aspects of the business and not spend all my time learning server management which I know nothing about.

It's time to expand and I want to ensure that I will be with a hosting provider that offers a truly fully managed service for dedicated server.

One particular hosting offers this Linux Dedicated Server Management with their Dedicated Server Plan. Is there anything else I need to ask them about?

--

Seasoned System Administrators to maintain/managed Linux dedicated server round the clock to ensure that it performs in a safe and secure manner 24x7x365.

SSH Security & Configuration

Installation and compilation of the latest version of OpenSSL.
    Installation and compilation of the latest version of OpenSSH
    Configuring OpenSSH with the latest version of OpenSSL.
    Enabling key based access and Disabling Root access as per the client needs.
    Enabling SSH 2 protocol, Disabling SSH1 protocol and Changing default SSH port.

Firewall Configuration

Installing latest version of CSF/APF firewall.
    Configuring the firewall to accept only incoming/outgoing connections on ports that are necessary on a cPanel system.
    Disabling default SSH port (Port 22).
    Setting up Brute Force Detection and its configuration with the firewall.
    Linux socket monitor setup - sends you an alert when a new port is opened on the server.

Server Monitoring Process

Installation of System Integrity Monitor for monitoring the following services

- Apache
    - MySQL
    - Email
    - Server load
    - SSH
    - FTP

Our Server Monitoring System will automatically fix problems such as big log files that would automatically get recycled. If the Server Monitoring system fails to fix the problem on its own it will send a notification to our dedicated server department.

Linux Server Security

Installation of mod_security with our custom ruleset. This module consists of many different rules.
    Dangerous attempts to hack the server are blocked by our defined ruleset that we use. Adding or disabling a particular rule is very easy and can be done whenever needed as per our requirements.
    Compilation of PHP version 4 or 5 according to the client needs.
    Prevention of DDoS Attacks with the help of installation of mod_evasive
    PHP Security (disabling few php functions which can be used for php backdoor:"exec,system, passthru,readfile,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close, proc_open,ini_alter,dl,popen,parse_ini_file, show_source,curl_exec")

Apache Tweaks

Installation of Zend Optimizer.
    Tweaking Apache configuration.
    Recompiling Apache with commonly used Apache and PHP modules.

Environmental security

Mounting /tmp partition with noexec permissions so that no files on these partitions can be executed.
    Disabling compilers for all users on the server except root.
    Sysctl.conf hardening to prevent attacks by syn floods.
    Open basedir protection setup.
    Installation and configuration of chkrootkit to send daily report to our dedicated server department.

Security Audit

Installation and Configuration of RK Hunter to update and run itself on a daily basis - It will then send a report to the client if anything goes wrong.
    Repair or Re-installation of corrupt binaries.

Securing Binaries

Installing/updating Libsafe.

DNS recursion restriction

Email scanning for viruses and spam

Looks like a fairly comprehensive support agreement to me. Good configuration options on there.

However, without knowing a little more about the nature of your sites I can't be sure that absolutely everything has been covered; but it looks like everything for most basic setups is well covered.
    www.netwise.co.uk | High-value UK Server Colocation and Data Centre Services.

> Take a look at our award-winning private London data centre portfolio.

thanks for your reply.

I'm planning to use two scripts: SocialEngine and PhpFox social networking scripts.

Im going to use it on two live sites with one development site for each script. Just to test which really is better in most ways. and then migrate the other to a new license cript if I realise that which one is superior.