Looking for svc with rock solid tech support

We've been hosted by Verio for over 10 years, first VPS then Dedicated. Critical issue has been their rock-solid tech support. A recent incident of an abuse attack on my server convinced me they've gone from 10 to zero. They've offshored their frontline support staff and I got absolutely NO help and NO response on the support ticket. We're a non profit with limited resources for hiring our own experts so we absolutely need a hosting service that responds in a timely and helpful manner when problems crop up.

So I'm looking for anyone's recommendations on this particular criterion. I've been looking at Servint, Fused Network, LiquidWeb. Any reports on experience with these guys' tech support or suggestions as to who's really reliable would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBB View Post
    We've been hosted by Verio for over 10 years, first VPS then Dedicated. Critical issue has been their rock-solid tech support. A recent incident of an abuse attack on my server convinced me they've gone from 10 to zero. They've offshored their frontline support staff and I got absolutely NO help and NO response on the support ticket. We're a non profit with limited resources for hiring our own experts so we absolutely need a hosting service that responds in a timely and helpful manner when problems crop up.

So I'm looking for anyone's recommendations on this particular criterion. I've been looking at Servint, Fused Network, LiquidWeb. Any reports on experience with these guys' tech support or suggestions as to who's really reliable would be much appreciated.
    Rackspace would be a good fit for you. They are known for their "Fanatical Support".
    █► CleverInternet.com | Dedicated Servers | Managed Hosting | Web Hosting |
    █► Powerful, reliable and affordable offshore dedicated servers
    █► Singapore . New Zealand . Malaysia . Hong Kong . China . Japan . Taiwan
    █► Follow us: www.cleverinternet.com | fb.com/cleverinternet | @cleverinternet

Quote Originally Posted by CleverInternet View Post
    Rackspace would be a good fit for you. They are known for their "Fanatical Support".
    Thanks for the tip. Sheeow, they're expensive though...

Thanks for the tip. Sheeow, they're expensive though...
    Techs that actually know what they're doing aren't cheap!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    Techs that actually know what they're doing aren't cheap!
    To be sure, and my wife being one such I sympathize with the point. But we used to get more than adequate tech support for $500/mo. I'm hoping there are still some reliable services out there at that price point, though from what I'm hearing there's a lot of erosion going on. Maybe this is why...

What location are you looking for, US?

Quote Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
    What location are you looking for, US?
    Yes, East Coast. Our current machine is Xeon Quadcore w/8GB RAM, 300GB storage, and we're paying $500. Looks like that's a bit overpriced comparatively, but the tech support had made me reluctant to change.

I've spoken with LiquidWeb in some detail about their support set-up and they sound pretty good. I've seen some comments indicating they might have fallen off their game support-wise, but mostly the report on them seems positive.

My wife and I have a VPS on Servint that we use for our own sites, and that experience has been generally good though it's not exactly analogous to my work situation since my wife's a senior Unix sysadmin in her own right. But we had reasonably good assistance from them last fall when our MySQL upgrade went awry.

How are those specs for you; do you need better specs, similar specs or maybe you need less?

Yes, East Coast. Our current machine is Xeon Quadcore w/8GB RAM, 300GB storage, and we're paying $500. Looks like that's a bit overpriced comparatively, but the tech support had made me reluctant to change.
    I you want a good support, you can try Swiftway.

Heard many good things about LiquidWeb.