copy backups from old problemtic disc to a new one

dear sirs... my datacenter will change my old problematic disc with a new disc and fresh install. then will plug the problematic disc as a slave in the server... in the old problematic drive i have the backups. can you guide wich commands i must type via ssh to copy from the old hard disc to new hard disc the file. i want all the files to be coopied to the new drive in folder backup, so i can restore them via WHM.

kteo,

Before you can move your content from the old drive to the new you will have to mount the old drive so you can see the content. The following commands should allow you to mount your drive and must be run via SSH as the root user:

First enter the /dev directory:

cd /dev

You can use the df command to show the drives that are already mounted to your server. You can use the ls command to check the contents of various options until you find the content. For example if you use ls sdb3 and see your old content you would then know that sdb3 is what you need to mount. Once you have determined the nomenclature of your drive you can use the following commands to mount the drive:

mkdir /mnt/olddrive
    mount /dev/sdb3 /mnt/olddrive

Notes: There is a space between /dev/sdb3 and /mnt/olddrive. Replace sdb3 with the name of the drive you located previously.

Once the drive is mounted you will just copy the content from /mtn/olddrive to the location on the new drive that you wish it to be located at.

thank you mike for you answer. i transferred all the backupfiles from the old disc to folder /backup/cpbackup , but when i go via WHM to restore them, it says that there are no backups located at /backup/cpbackup. what the problem is. do you know?

Copy them to /home and try it again.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

kteo,

In WHM when you go to restore a backup via Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file it advises that you need to have the file uploaded to one of these directories on the server: /home, /home2, /home3, /root, /usr, /usr/home, /web. /backup/cpbackup is not listed. Have you tried to place the backup files in one of the listed directories and try to restore from there?
    Mike

Mount the old hd, rsync old datas, my.cnf. httpd.cnf