hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Cheap Domain Registration? Cheap But Reliable!

Forum Jump

Cheap Domain Registration? Cheap But Reliable!

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Cheap Domain Registration? Cheap But Reliable!

Hello, I am currently with 1and1 and i have a total of 23 Domains... I am at wits end with them, and am leaving IMMEDIATELY. I considered transferring the domains to GoDaddy (just for domains, i have hosting) but at 10$ per site, i didn't really want to pay for the domains AGAIN.
When I transfer the domains, do i have to pay for a whole year at the time of registration, or does it let me go through until it expires as planned? Also, Are there any reliable sites that let you register several domains at a discount? Keep in mind, i need the ability to transfer...

I use to use 1and1 Hosting, And on that hosting package i have the domains registered. When i cancel that hosting package, it will just End my domains, so i have to get them off the account before i can close it..

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Hi Mattballew,

As your domains are expiring and you want to transfer to new registrar i.e Godaddy, when you transfer the domain to another registrar it gets renewed automatically.

Example you have a domain say mywebsite.com which is expiring on 25th feb 2012, so when you transfer this domain to new registrar it get renewed for next year along with transfer.

And as you said that you have 23 domain and you want to pay $10 USD per website, i would suggest to go for a VPS Plan with CPanel on which you can host unlimited domains and have complete control over the server.

For more information i request you to please specify more details.

█ Follow Us on Twitter @prohosterz More Info Visit: ProHosterz.com

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohosterz View Post
Hi Mattballew,

As your domains are expiring and you want to transfer to new registrar i.e Godaddy, when you transfer the domain to another registrar it gets renewed automatically.

Example you have a domain say mywebsite.com which is expiring on 25th feb 2012, so when you transfer this domain to new registrar it get renewed for next year along with transfer.

And as you said that you have 23 domain and you want to pay $10 USD per website, i would suggest to go for a VPS Plan with CPanel on which you can host unlimited domains and have complete control over the server.

For more information i request you to please specify more details.
I agree that VPS plan with cpanel would be the most feasible option for you.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

About $10 is standard now for registering .com domains but some registrars have lower transfer-in pricing. Godaddy is $8.17 and Name.com is $8.49 to transfer in a .com. At all registrars this extends your registration period by a year

Last edited by Techno; 02-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old
Web Hosting Master

What you can do is, transfer your domains one by one according to the date of their expiry. In this way you need not to spend too much money in bulk.

Old
Will Host for Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattballew View Post
but at 10$ per site, i didn't really want to pay for the domains AGAIN.
When I transfer the domains, do i have to pay for a whole year at the time of registration
When you transfer a gTLD domain it "renews" automatically - hence there is a cost of ~$10/7 to migrate them between registrars.

UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Old

There are many companies providing cheap domain name registration services.
I'd suggest to choose ICAN-accredited Registrar in order to avoid future problems.

Old

godaddy and namecheap. Godaddy gives $1 domain reg in some times

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

i agree buying vps w/ cpanel to control your domains it is unlimited ...you dont have to have problem at all

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno View Post
About $10 is standard now for registering .com domains but some registrars have lower transfer-in pricing. Godaddy is $8.17 and Name.com is $8.49 to transfer in a .com. At all registrars this extends your registration period by a year
Except in the rare case of when a domain expires, is then renewed, and then transferred out within 45 days of renewal.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by billaa View Post
What you can do is, transfer your domains one by one according to the date of their expiry. In this way you need not to spend too much money in bulk.
I think this sounds like a good solution if you do not want to pay 230$ in bulk even when your domains are not up for renewal. Then again if you insist on leaving immediately then you may have to bite the bullet and pay the price

Old

name.com, and also there's plenty of hosting places that offer free transfers, or so I've seen.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

there is no choice you have to pay for domain transfer

publish your article about hosting in our site with your name !

Old

Cheaper? go to namecheap.com, they have good prices.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

godaddy offering free domain transfer