hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Employment Offers & Requests : Systems Management Offers : Linux/Windows Systems Administration & Management at Affordable rates!

Forum Jump

Linux/Windows Systems Administration & Management at Affordable rates!

Reply Post New Thread In Systems Management Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Premium Member

Linux/Windows Systems Administration & Management at Affordable rates!

Greetings WHT Readers,

I'm an enthusiastic and experienced Linux/Windows Systems Administrator with a very strong background in server optimization, hardening and general systems and network administration, my goal is to take care of every aspect of your server so that you don't have to worry about a thing. I am not a company nor a business just an individual that values long-term relationships over short-term clients. My client list is a testimonial to this.

Services offered:

Server Optimization
Optimization of Apache, LiteSpeed, nginx, lighttpd, Microsoft IIS and MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle specifically tailored for your server and/or website. Custom compiles of Apache, nginx, lighttpd, MySQL and PHP are available if specifically requested.

Control Panel Management
Whether it be cPanel to Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webmin or TCAdmin/GameCP, keeping your control panel fully updated to the latest stable release provdied by the vendor, securing and hardening various options that the software offers, disabling non-essential and enabling essential options definitely plays a vital part in keeping your server secure and up to date.

Server Security
General server hardening including correction of filesystem permissions, installation and configuration of intrusion detection software, scanning for possible pre-existing rootkits, malware, trojans & other nasties, customization of a firewall policy specifically for your server and an upgrade of all pre-installed software to the latest stable release provided for your OS distribution.

Kernel Upgrade
Linux Kernels, if not correctly updated and patched and regularly monitored for that matter, can be one of the biggest security issues on a server. Upgrading and patching (with grsecurity) the current kernel to the most stable and secure version available for your servers OS distribution.

Website/Server Migrations
Got issues with your current provider? Managing low-to-zero-downtime server migrations, migration of your web applications and clients to and fro servers both with or without a control panels are availabe on request.

Technical Expertise:

• Software – Helpdesk and Billing Software: WHMCS, Kayako, Clientexec, Modernbill and Cerberus, Server Technologies: Web (Apache, LiteSpeed, nginx, lighttpd, Microsoft IIS), DB (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle) CMS/Blogs (Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Mambo etc), Firewalls (iptables, IPFW, PF, Windows Firewall) all just to name a few.
• Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals at the Application, Transport, Internet and Link layers.
• Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Windows 2003 & 2008

Work Experience:

- Bash, Perl and Python Scripting creation, alterations and implementation of automated/custom applications.
- Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment, Meeting scheduled deadlines for clients, communicating with other staff and peers on issues that require further assistance.
- Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and Correction (PCI DSS Compliance Scan & Resolution).
- Proficient with cPanel, Enkompass, Plesk, DirectAdmin, Ensim, Webmin, TCAdmin, GameCP, HyperVM, SolusVM (General optimization and hardening, account migrations, remote backups, troubleshooting new/existing issues, software replication, DNS clusters, failover solutions etc).
- VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
- OpenSSH Configuration and Hardening.
- Monitoring and Managing Network Devices (Cacti, PRTG, MRTG etc.)
- Experience with various Virtualizations Platforms (Virtuozzo, HyperVM, VMWare, Xen, OpenVZ).
- Third party Software Installations and configuration – Software management (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Fantastico, RVSkins etc.)
- Security Protection and Intrusion Detection and Prevention (Snort, tripwire, grok etc.)
- DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
- Linux and UNIX Kernel Security and patching, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- MTA Administration and Optimization – experience with Exim, Postfix, Microsoft Exchange, ClamAV, ExiScan, SpamAssassin, Sophos AV, NOD32 etc.
- Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf, host.conf, rc.conf etc).
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle), performance optimization, hardening, replication, load balancing and failover configurations.

Availability:

Currently located in Melbourne, Australia, fluent english speaker and available between the hours of 9AM-5PM AEST GMT+10 Monday to Friday.

Depending on your timezone I am very flexible, and available on-call 24/7 if need be via Cell/Skype for emergencies.

Random Testimonials:

Quote:
This will be short and sweet. I met Michael through Web Hosting Talk, I’ll simply say that I was in a bind when I got a hold of him. True to his word he has worked tirelessly for me to resolve my bind. He has improved my product offering and taken a great weight off my shoulders. He is very responsive and has great skill. Where others have said no and it can’t be done he says sure I can do that. He keeps us secure and running without fail. Michael has become a real asset to us and we look forward to working with him indefinitely.
Greg Breen - Corning, New York
Services used: Monthly Server Management - August 2011 to date.
www.scopedesign.com

Quote:
We needed someone who was well experienced with cPanel, OpenVZ & VMWare to setup and manage our hosting infrastructure here in New Zealand.

We couldn't find anyone local and experienced at the time, so we went to WHT, after much discussion we chose Michael who is Australian based,
Being only 3 hours behind New Zealand he is considered as a member of our staff, a quick phone call away he will get the job done.

Early next year we will be expanding our services to Australia and Michael will defiantly be the guy on the floor who looks after our equipment!
Sam James, Managing Director - Wellington, New Zealand
Services used: Monthly Server Management - June 2011 to date.
www.aperture.net.nz

Quote:
Running a high traffic Wordpress site can be a daunting task. With an average of around 50 thousand daily visitors that can jump to as many as 250k in unexpected bursts, I was having trouble keeping my site online. After Dexqt’s expert server tuning I can finally enjoy a traffic hurricane instead of struggling to find a way to keep my server online. Besides that, my system is more secure than ever. I’ve worked with a lot of people that offer security and performance you can’t put a price on, Dexqt actually delivers. Traffic is no longer a natural disaster for my business, I feel ready to take on the world. Thanks Dexqt!
Jon Lachonis - Bakersfield, United States
Services used: Monthly Server Management - July 2011 to date.
www.tvovermind.com

Quote:
To any tired and bedraggled Server Owners please know there is a Michael (Dexqt) out there! I can wholeheartedly recommend him.

Yes it was a great idea, 100% committed to it … know my way around a lot of platforms, in fact run a technical company. I found what I thought to be a great server solution with my existing supplier, understood the control panel, click click, jobs a good’n – server rented and new services on their way. At 3am it occurred to me. How do I lock this server down – how do I back this server up It also then transpires that for one of my clients I need to be able to remote enable so that a terminal could communicate directly to the SQL database. Although it said on the label this could be done, guess what .. it couldn’t and with the server provider I was with there was no support for ‘out of spec’ requirements. Oh no! Bleary eyed I scoured the net determined that I could become a Linux administrator, I know, I know …. I kept asking search engines questions until it led me to Michael. Oh thank you webhostingtalk but most importantly thanks to Michael for posting his expertise. I am sold! Michael has been a terrific support, very knowledgeable, helpful, efficient and great value for money. Sorry I forgot patient! … I have a better server solution now, partnered with a suitable hosting company and the right spec is in place. Michael walked me through this process and handled setup through to migration and continues to help me.

I am confidently striding forth now that I know my server is secure, that I have an expert on hand to help me with my challenges and that can give me reliable advice, monitor health and maintain monthly and then administrate for me when I need it.
Georgina Lloyd Parry - London, United Kingdom
Services used: Monthly Server Management - July 2011 to date.
www.randallandaubin.com

Quote:
With just a low payment of 45$ per month, I've received all the assistance I will ever need with server management services. Help I've received so far ranges from smooth server migration, sever + web server enhancement (improve load times), security upgrade to 3rd party software/app support (fix errors, etc..). Customer support is epic, always there when I need him. Able to reach him via email, messenger and skype. In this case, It appears as if the service provider is in loss not the subscriber.
John Lam - New York, United States
Services used: Monthly Server Management - February 2011 to date.
www.gamekiller.net

Now featuring FREE Pingdom.com Monitoring and Reporting for your server(s) with Email and free SMS text alerts!

For NEW customers FREE offsite 10GB backup on a fully hardware redundant server!

Questions? Let me know:

Feel free to private message me, email sales@dymestry.com or contact me via IM (contact methods are available via my profile page) if you're interested in any of my services and would like to discuss anything further.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we can work together!

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hey Mike,

Just wanted to say thank you for I've worked with you on several FreeBSD boxes and your work has been fantastic! You know what you're doing and you get things done right the first time!