Provision a domain alias instead of a domain

Hi

I have a websitepanel reseller package and I use WHMCS to allow my clients to buy hosting plans. I also allow them to register and transfer domains through WHMCS for which I use resellerclub.

When an existing client registers or transfers a domain, it is setup on Resellerclub ok but also tries to create a domain on their websitepanel account. This can be a problem if the plan has a limited amount of domains.

Is there any way to allow an existing client to register or transfer a domain without the apparent autoprovision of websitepanel occurring? Or can I set it up for WHMCS/websitepanel to provision a domain alias instead of a domain?

Many thanks
    Roy

So, while reading through docs(dot)whmcs(dot)com/WebsitePanel, I came across two of the optional settings that might be enabled in your account.

1. Temporary domain - If ticked and enabled in WSP policies, a temporary domain will be created
    2. Create Website - If ticked a website for the domain will be created under the hosting space

You could try this out and see if it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Roysmith View Post
    Hi

I have a websitepanel reseller package and I use WHMCS to allow my clients to buy hosting plans. I also allow them to register and transfer domains through WHMCS for which I use resellerclub.

When an existing client registers or transfers a domain, it is setup on Resellerclub ok but also tries to create a domain on their websitepanel account. This can be a problem if the plan has a limited amount of domains.

Is there any way to allow an existing client to register or transfer a domain without the apparent autoprovision of websitepanel occurring? Or can I set it up for WHMCS/websitepanel to provision a domain alias instead of a domain?

Many thanks
    Roy
    i think whmcs will be doing this because its what is registering the domain name. im not sure why it would have anything to do with ur control panel but its worth asking whmcs and ur control panel support if there is another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roysmith View Post
    Is there any way to allow an existing client to register or transfer a domain without the apparent autoprovision of websitepanel occurring?
    It'll only be autoprovisioning if they're buying a *hosting* plan, rather than just a domain
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules