Thumbs down Backup Solutions [split]

Although I don't entirely agree with most of the comments here because I do have "come backs" to them I won't. Purely because I don't want to start a flaming war. So I'm going to be the better person here and step back. I have seen it happen too many times.

As I have said before, the support is great, their backup solutions is up to sh1te!

And as a reseller, how do you backups 10GB of data on a weekly basis? Maybe someone can help me out so I can include that in my "things to do to be a better host"

Quote Originally Posted by wolvyreen View Post
    And as a reseller, how do you backups 10GB of data on a weekly basis? Maybe someone can help me out so I can include that in my "things to do to be a better host"
    I use https://www.siteautobackup.com/ to make daily backups.

or there is this http://whmeasybackup.com/

or this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...28#post7958928

or write your own script to run cpanel backups and ftp out the data.

I must agree with previous poster - it's part of our job as a hosting provider (reseller or not) to ensure data is backed up and secure. I for one would rather have the small hassle of backing up data and keeping my clients happy than having to tell them their site is lost and I can't help them.

Our TOS also states that our backups are strictly for our own use in-case of a server failure and clients are responsible for backing up their own data. But being able to restore data should anything go wrong is an important service to provide and I choose to take responsibility for that.
    ItsmirHosting UK/EU Shared Hosting • UK & US VPS Hosting • Charity (NFP) Hosting
    Fast, Friendly and Reliable Hosting
    Litespeed Powered • cPanel • CloudLinux • Softaculous • Daily Offsite Backups
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% uptime - 24/7 Dedicated UK support

Thanks for the info itsmir, I will definitely do some research around this. I wasn't aware of these services.

I would like to say though, people can agree all they want...the opinions always change when the tables turn....I'm just saying....

+1 for whmeasybackup.

There is, for example, a VPS provider that has packages with 100mbit unmetered *down* with a large amount of disk space (and very low ram and very low *up* speeds), for very very cheap (their smallest package is under $10/month.) It is designed for just this. Use whatever software you'd like, or write some scripts yourself.
    Ⓐ Red Triangle Technology Collective Ⓐ
    Hosting a revolution!
    http://www.redtriangletc.org/

http://buyvm.net/ , the storage plans do exactly this.

ramdox just mentioned the one I was thinking of...
    Ⓐ Red Triangle Technology Collective Ⓐ
    Hosting a revolution!
    http://www.redtriangletc.org/

Im currently just ftping to my home as I don't need use more than 5gb of space. Buy VM is way too much space.
    Was thinking of webbycart.com though.
    I like stuff

I just signed up with webbycart. their signup process is a little iffy. but lets see how their service is

I just signed up with webbycart. their signup process is a little iffy. but lets see how their service is
    is there any website who offering R1Soft daily backups? Like webbycart?
    ☆☆ AskForHost Web Hosting☆☆
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable VPS and Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Their service is brilliant.....been with them two years and just paid upfront for a third year.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Their service is brilliant.....been with them two years and just paid upfront for a third year.
    Their prices and services are sounds good, but is there anyone offering same services but with R1?
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►

You can also use FTPOffsite
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost Hosting View Post
    Their prices and services are sounds good, but is there anyone offering same services but with R1?
    Personally I woudn't go with R1....not after the nightmares I have had to endure...

SiteAutoBackup is waay too expensive....

They charge $1 extra fpr an extra GB per month

So if I need 50GB, the base is $2 which gives you 1GB so I will need an extra 40GB which means it will cost me $51 per month. That's $612 per year!!

Is my math incorrect??

WebbyCart offers 50GB for $9.99 per month whic is $119.88. But if I buy a year upfront, I get 2months free which means it is only $99.90

That is a HUGE different to SiteAutoBackup.

FTPOffsite is even cheaper!!! $5.99 per month which is $71.88 for 100GB

Am I correct in saying that SiteAutoBackup is extremely overpriced???
    Last edited by wolvyreen; 02-25-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Personally I woudn't go with R1....not after the nightmares I have had to endure...
    So Rsync?
    ►►

So Rsync?
    Most definitely! It works.....and I can tell you now that Webbycart have saved the day for me a couple of times.

Most definitely! It works.....and I can tell you now that Webbycart have saved the day for me a couple of times.
    i was confused in R1 and Rsync
    Thanks Xtremo

Webbycard providing Good Customer Support too? Just read a post of member in their Promo thread, that he order product since 24 Hours ago, but still in pending.
    ►►

i was confused in R1 and Rsync
    Thanks Xtremo

Webbycard providing Good Customer Support too? Just read a post of member in their Promo thread, that he order product since 24 Hours ago, but still in pending.
    That's a sales issue....nothing to do with support....same as with all companies.

I only dealer with premium hosting providers like FutureHosting and KnownHost....so that's the level of quality that I need.
    And within their specific role as a backup provider....Webbycart deliver the same levels of quality.

That's a sales issue....nothing to do with support....same as with all companies.

I only dealer with premium hosting providers like FutureHosting and KnownHost....so that's the level of quality that I need.
    And within their specific role as a backup provider....Webbycart deliver the same levels of quality.
    OKkkkk
    Thanks Buddy
    Appreciated
    ►►

SiteAutoBackup is waay too expensive....

They charge $1 extra fpr an extra GB per month

So if I need 50GB, the base is $2 which gives you 1GB so I will need an extra 40GB which means it will cost me $51 per month. That's $612 per year!!

Is my math incorrect??

WebbyCart offers 50GB for $9.99 per month whic is $119.88. But if I buy a year upfront, I get 2months free which means it is only $99.90

That is a HUGE different to SiteAutoBackup.

FTPOffsite is even cheaper!!! $5.99 per month which is $71.88 for 100GB

Am I correct in saying that SiteAutoBackup is extremely overpriced???
    As I mentioned in your other thread http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1130063 you can't use custom backup scripts with FTPOffsite. Where as you can with BQBackup, WebbyCart and ServerSync (all USA location).
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

I would use something like WHMEasyBackup to easily automate my backup.
    DediCube.com - Self Managed LTO Dedicated Servers on terms you pick!
    With DediCube, you own the servers. No more monthly rentals with no stake.
    Locations: Los Angeles, California • Central and Eastern options coming soon!
    I own DediCube! E-mail me at Steven[@]DediCube.com with your questions!

22. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!