W3 Total Cache corrupting .htaccess

One of our clients runs a high traffic WordPress based site using W3 Total Cache with memcached. During certain events, there will be a liveblog which is essentially just a normal post that's constantly updated and the user will need to refresh.

The problem though is that a few times during the last event, WP's .htaccess got corrupted in that the file became randomly truncated and thus caused the site to return 500 errors. Has anyone seen this behavior before? I'm not 100% sure it's caused by W3TC but I can't think of any other plausible reasons.

Thanks!

I have seen something similar but with zencart with memcache installed. Nothing has to do with htaccess. Some times it loads up the memory and throws 500 error, quick apache restart solves it or flushing the ram. Yours might be a slightly different case.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    I have seen something similar but with zencart with memcache installed. Nothing has to do with htaccess. Some times it loads up the memory and throws 500 error, quick apache restart solves it or flushing the ram. Yours might be a slightly different case.
    Yeah, I've watched the .htaccess file and it gets overwritten with incomplete rules for some reason.

Try disabling memcache for a bit and see if the same reoccurs. W3 should not be doing such

Change the attribute of the .htaccess file to read only (chattr +i) and see if the issue recurs. As @SeriesN suggested try disabling memcache too.