Cheap Bandwidth, Reliable Company

I need a server for static content only, it can be a VPS or a dedicated one.
    I have some of my websites hosted at WiredTree and Liquidweb, they are great companies and offer a reliable service but their bandwidth prices are a bit expensive.
    What hosting providers do you recommend?

TL;DR: Recommend me a company that I can trust, that has packages with lots of bandwidth and cheap prices.

What do you consider a lot of bandwidth? I guess we can start there...
    Would you just look at that...

What's the location requirement and what commit levels are you looking at?
    James Little Operations Director Dream Servers Ltd

Dedicated Servers - Colocation - IP Transit - Data Storage - Managed Services - Cloud Web Hosting - Cloud vServers

For now, I think I'll be OK with 10TB Premium Bandwidth. Not 5/5, but the whole 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamServers View Post
    What's the location requirement and what commit levels are you looking at?
    Care to explain to me what 'Commit levels' means in my case?
    As far as location requirements, my traffic comes mainly from the USA, not very picky about the location as long as the static content is delivered appropriately.

you should be able to find good packages on a dedicated server / vserver / VPS, I'd recommend checking out the offers section within this forum

Dedicated Servers - Colocation - IP Transit - Data Storage - Managed Services - Cloud Web Hosting - Cloud vServers

Sorry commit levels is just another way of saying how much bandwidth do you require us UK people !

Also try and pick a provider who can offer a mixture of bandwidth i.e don't pick a network that's singlehomed.

Pick a network that's multi-homed you will get more direct traffic routes to your clients and this will offer you greater uptime and redundancy.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've been in the offers section and there are good deals there.
    The problem is, besides Liquidweb, WiredTree and Knownhost, I don't know any of the other companies in terms of reliability. So I was hoping you guys could recommend one.

Try Bluehost.

<<Removed>>
    Last edited by Mike V; 02-21-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almo99 View Post
    Try Bluehost.
    Be careful with hosts that offer "Unlimited" everything. I HIGHLY doubt they will let you get away with 10 TB of bandwidth. Read the TOS in full and more importantly understand what it means.

Seems like a lot of posts and no real suggestions. None of the many providers I have used in the past provide that much bandwidth for a price considerably cheaper then WiredTree or Liquidweb. I've looked around and that much bandwidth can get pricey. So, sorry I guess I'm not much help...

Are you serving files or something similar?
    Would you just look at that...

For me, cheap and reliable do not go hand in hand, but their may be some exceptions. For a web hosting company to be cheap, they have to cut corners somehow, whether it be cutting bandwidth, space, or support. Since you didn't put what your price range was, I am not sure what you mean by cheap, but there are plenty of legitimate VPS hosts out there. Inmotion lets you start out with shared, and if your site gets too busy, you can move to VPS, and if you don't like that, you can move to dedicated. Hope you get things figured out. cheers

Try looking at OVH.