Thread: Large Webspace?

Large Webspace?

Wonder if you know any site offer large webspace for cheap space :O

Shared is okay, no "unlimited" ********

The space is allow me to do what ever I want with it, as long as it's not illegal stuff :O

Large webspace?
    How large do you need?

What kind of site that you plan to build?
    Newidhost.com - Cheap Hosting Solutions

What is your exact requirement? You will not find a single legit host who will offer 1tb space for 1$. You can not do what ever you want unless you know what you want.

Requirement? (How much space you exactly required?)
    Budget? How much you can afford?
    What kinda site you want to run on that?
    Please clear a bit
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

What i mean is there shouldn't be any restriction on the webspace i pay for.

As for website, it's just mostly for backup. I prefer to pay as low as possible for 100 GB of space :O and it should have some decent bandwidth. RAM and CPU are not important.

I dun wanna hear these "unlimited" bullsh!t as they have massively restriction on what type of files i store. iNode Limitation is okay, since it's not alot of files, just big files that's all :O

Been using DMEhosting.com, they great, offered 50 GB for $5.95/month - no question ask, guarantee space, but if anything cheaper would be great like 100 GB for same price since I dun like paying for resources I never ever going to use like CPU/RAM =P
    Last edited by Xantar; 02-21-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Shared hosting for backup purpose is not a good idea and you cant legit 100gb for that budget. You can try to get the lowend budget vpses from buyvm or burstnet ( yearly paymentn should get close to your price)

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    Shared hosting for backup purpose is not a good idea and you cant legit 100gb for that budget. You can try to get the lowend budget vpses from buyvm or burstnet ( yearly paymentn should get close to your price)
    buyvm and burstnet are not cheaper than DMEhosting and i don't like locking in yearly contract, i tend to switch VPS every now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantar View Post
    buyvm and burstnet are not cheaper than DMEhosting and i don't like locking in yearly contract, i tend to switch VPS every now.
    If you want an 100GB space I would advise to go with a dedicated server so you can do anything you wish (within the TOS of course).

Most shared hosts will not let you use it as backup space, this is why you would need a cheap server.

What is your budget? (please be realistic)
    | AuzzHosting - Coming soon!
    | 24/7 Support, Small Enough To Care, Quality Networks, Instant Setup.
    | Europe | Uk |More Locations Coming Soon

Why you guys keep asking budget, i dun have a budget limit, but i don't like overpaying for stuff that I could get for super cheap elsewhere? I'm wondering whether any cheap one lying around that I hasn't come across yet. Or i just wait until some of the current host update their status?

HDD space are extremely cheap, i already got dedicated server under 30 for 1 TB of space, and huge unlimited bandwidth - but the problem with that is, if the server is "down" or not working or required reboot so is all my files until i noticed. It's better to keep multiple smaller hosts to prevent all files going down.

Bottom line is, I just wonder if there is a hosts that allow a guarantee HDD space that is 0.04cent/GB per month that is Shared or VPS. As for Dedicated, nothing beats the one i found anyway (prove me wrong?).

30 USD/month
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    1 TB of HDD
    Accept Paypal, All Country, Semi-Managed

As for CPU, RAM - I dun care, bare minimal is okay. Bandwidth should be greater than 1 TB. Don't suggest hostigation >_>
    Last edited by Xantar; 02-21-2012 at 07:47 AM.

I was going to mention Hostigation for backups, but since you don't want them why not get another server from your current provider...and from a different location if they have that option.

Or search in offers section and see which host works for what your looking for. Make a list and then check for reviews from your list.

Hello,
    Most, if not all Shared Hosts who offer a large amount of space are typically overselling and thusly dont allow the use of their space for backups. Most hosts have a line in their TOS that state that the space can only be used for Website Content. Not all hosts will catch you but if they do, your account can be terminated or suspended.

The only host that I know of that allows the use of some of the webspace for backups is DreamHost. http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Personal_Backup . I have used them in the past and they were not the best (but at the same time, they were not the worst). I mainly did not like their control panel.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Who is that server from for $30? might have a big hdd but ram and cpu may not be that good?

Not many hosts out there will allow backups unless you come across a website wanting to make money fast.

Buy a few servers from different providers (cheap if that's what you want).

Remember this: buy cheap get cheap!

Best of luck finding a host that will host you!

Quote Originally Posted by iserv View Post
    Who is that server from for $30? might have a big hdd but ram and cpu may not be that good?

Not many hosts out there will allow backups unless you come across a website wanting to make money fast.

Buy a few servers from different providers (cheap if that's what you want).

Remember this: buy cheap get cheap!

Best of luck finding a host that will host you!
    http://www.kimsufi.ie/ sells Dedicated Servers for around $20.00 per month. They give it a 1TB Hard Disk. It is only running an Atom Processor and 2 GB of RAM. While it can be used for hosting, it can also be used for backups. It is a 1 TB Dedicated Disk
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

If it's just for backup, have you thought about something like Amazon Web Services?

Webbycart is also great for backup space.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Don't suggest hostigation >_>
    What's wrong with them? I've found Tim to run an excellent service and their price is exactly what you're asking - provided you only want it for backups. (The TOS of the backup plans restrict you on that).

I'm not asking you to criticise Hostigation. Rather, there is a host that seems to be what you want, only it isn't. Without understanding what Hostigation is missing that you are looking for, it will be hard for people to know what to suggest next.
    Not as active on WHT as I used to be, but still drop in and receive email notifications from here.
    My personal blog site: https://www.oakleys.org.uk/blog

30 USD/month
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    1 TB of HDD
    Accept Paypal, All Country, Semi-Managed
    There is not such thing as unlimited bandwidth, but im sure you probably already know that. Your definitely not going to find any true 1TB of space on any shared web hosting environment for $30.00 per month. Don't let the cheap prices of hard drives best buy fool you, there is obviously much more that goes into setting up a shared server than just attaching a hard drive to it. CPU/Ram/Raid/Licenses, all cost money.

Your best bet will be to look at companies that specialize specifically in site storage. Shared web hosting is not meant/priced for storage (only for storing active site files). Your only other option would be to find an old beat up server, with a slow CPU, regular 1TB Sata drive and a poor connection (that's probably all your going to get with $30 per month), but if you are looking for cheap, then I guess you get what you pay for?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    http://www.kimsufi.ie/ sells Dedicated Servers for around $20.00 per month. They give it a 1TB Hard Disk. It is only running an Atom Processor and 2 GB of RAM. While it can be used for hosting, it can also be used for backups. It is a 1 TB Dedicated Disk
    Yeah that what i got, similiar - So obviously there are web hosting that offer good budget servers. How they make money is beyond me, but some budget provider been around for ages

Quote Originally Posted by sajanNOPPIX View Post
    If it's just for backup, have you thought about something like Amazon Web Services?

Webbycart is also great for backup space.
    Not interested in a service like that, it has to be a webserver which my other server can ping each other across the web as well as allow other people beside myself to access the files.

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Yup im aware of OVH - pretty good company (apart from their support)

Yeah that what i got, similiar - So obviously there are web hosting that offer good budget servers. How they make money is beyond me, but some budget provider been around for ages
    Have you read up on OVH? there a big company and have 100,000+ servers orso.

They have just expanded to the US and CA.

They own there own DC's which also gives them the ability to offer cheaper prices and they buy in bulk.