I have developed and managed an online community. I have 45,000 threads and 600,000 posts (approx) and over 30,000 Members.
Currently I am on a HostGator VPS and it is showing some big problems/&/issues: E-mails are not making it to Members (especially the registration ones), the server is dragging, 500 internal server errors, etc.
I think it is time for me to move to a dedicated server.
- I need someone to help me setup my new dedicated server. Needs to be hardened and secured.
- I will also need you to duplicate programs (mySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc) from my old VPS .. So you will need to migrate everything over to the new server.
- I would like some backup implemented (RAID or backup drive/&/off-site) we can talk about this.
- I need a control panel installed, something similar to what I was using at HostGator.
- Needs to be able to run more than one domain (I have multiple domain names and IPs)
- It would be a plus if you have experience optimizing a server for vBulletin.
I don't think we're allowed to leave contact info in a thread
I'd just look around for hosting companies giving you a real VPS .. stay away from $15/mo VPS companies, etc.. it's too easy to share out resources and there are hosts out there that will oversell the one no-name-brand server they have in a datacenter halfway around the world from them.
We can help you to migrate your Vb website to a dedicated server . We also provide special vb optimization and administration service too. You can have a look at out VB management service from http://syslint.com/VBulletin-Management
Syslint Technologies :- 24x7 Proactive Server Management | Outsourced Support | Datacenter Support SUPPORTLITE - Budget Friendly Server Managent | cPanel / Directadmin / Solusvm Support | Help Desk Management
Call us : (+91) 471-600-77-99 , Contact Sales - email@example.com, Skype - SyslintSkype
Our company Supportex.net can definitely satisfy your requirements. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
█ Supportex.Netserver management, full range of services. EU-based outsourced company. Since 1998.
█ Outstanding quality for high performance projects; clustering and high-availability solutions, DDoS protection.
█ Cisco/Junipernetwork management & deployment assistance. Network design and monitoring.
I've had several years of experience with vBulletin and I would be very interested in hearing about the traffic that you actually get. The size of the board/database doesn't really mean much if you only have 100 users online at any given time. It might be that you just need some tuning done on the database or similar to get it to perform a lot better.