US based Xen VPS

I am in need of a good VPS with great connection.

Specs needed:
    - 1 CPU core minimum
    - 512 to 1GB RAM
    - 10-20GB HDD
    - 100Mbit connection, preferred 1Gbit
    - 200GB traffic with possibility of extending it fast if required.
    - XEN based
    - 2 IPs
    - budget: up to 100$ per month

The VPS will be used as an in-house VPN. Only our employees will have access to it. Connection speed needs to be great. There will be anywhere between 20-40 employees on the VPN, most browsing, some doing heavier workload such as downloading/uploading files to our servers.

I do not need any management. Would be a plus if we could pay the hosting company to setup PPTP and OpenVPN the way we want it, but not really a must.

Do you have any recommendations of good VPS hosting companies with great internet connection per VPS (not limited to 1-10Mbps like most do) in the US? Uptime and network speed is themost important thing!

Thank you.

Ty for the recommendations. Knownhost do not use Xen as far as I know and their live chat is offline now... HostAVPS are pretty small in size and wouldn't have normally considered them, but their live sales support was so great that I went ahead and ordered a hybrid package from them. Will see how they do. I still need at least another provider for redundancy... so please, if you can recommend another company, I would appreciate it a lot.

You need not overloaded server for enterprise work environment .
    Since you have budget why don't get a box and virtualise it?
    any preferred location in US ?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Hyper-V Windows VPS

If you have no problem with Hyper-V and if you're looking for Windows, go for ************.com

I could go with a dedicated platform, but would rather have a high end VPS from a reputable company than a low end dedicated from a budget company. Plus I plan on getting a few boxes in different parts of the world so that our worldwide offices have the best connection possible. If I am to do this with dedicated servers, the costs would escalate fast. VPSs should be more than enough for our needs.

Also, another reason for not going dedicated is that my knowledge of servers is pretty limited... So I either need managed services or I have to buy management from 3rd party company... in either case, the costs are significantly higher for a dedicated box than for a VPS, even if they are similar in specs.

Regarding the US preference, I would rather have the VPS somewhere on East Coast so the connection with Europe is also good, but anywhere in the US will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    You need not overloaded server for enterprise work environment .
    Since you have budget why don't get a box and virtualise it?
    any preferred location in US ?

I noticed that also... Plus I always disregard reviews and recommendations from members with so few posts and with such a recent signup date.

@BCata

Thanks for the clear requirements.
    There will be different decision when you need different location and required management. if such a case, VPS definitely a good platform for your employees.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT