Question VPS provider with support to MongoDB ?

Hello

I am looking for a hosting company that supports MongoDB, VPS or cloud are good options.

Thanks

Hi Sohaib

I have raised a request to our developers to see if this is something we can support, MongoDB is new to me but im sure one of developers has some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pukkaspace View Post
    Hi Sohaib

I have raised a request to our developers to see if this is something we can support, MongoDB is new to me but im sure one of developers has some experience.
    But you wouldn't want to carry on this conversation, since that would be self promotion

Might want to check the rules before you continue to post here.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Your right VMPort, new to the forums sorry about this guys.

Dactyl: Please see the latest responses.

Pretty much anything can support MongoDB. Do you have anything specific that you're looking for? Location? RAM requirements? Price?
    ~ @PreetamJinka

We just need a test server so anything with 1GB ram should be enough, we need MongoDB installed and complied with php.

Sorry to revive this post, but it was the first thing poping up when I did a google search. Maybe some of my findings will be helpful to others. It's actually pretty hard finding a VPS that will support MongoDB without crying / crashing.

Things that you need to know:
    - MongoDB will allocate via memory mapping all the memory available, so anything that has "burstable" type of service will be completely used 100% of the time.
    - MongoDB will crash constantly on OpenVZ if using a pre-RHEL6 kernel.

One of the VPS host i tried this with, crashed every time the memory went over a certain limit because of using an older version of OpenVZ. I later found out it was a known issue and that newer RHEL6 OpenVZ seem to work fine with MongoDB, better memory map management. It is a known issue with OpenVZ so I can't blame the host on this one.

A second VPS host that I tried (Bibihost), which was running a recent OpenVZ version, complained of too many disk i/o and suspended / terminated my account without warning. Thankfully, on there I was only replicating my database. They did give me a refund, but I found this pretty bad.

Currently I'm with RocketVPS for my main site. The site is fast, the memory is used up all the time (I have a pretty intense database) and I haven't heard any complaints Hopefully, it stays this way! For the curious, the site I'm hosting there is http://stats.teamfortress.org

I am also testing DefiantVPS and so far, it's running pretty smooth with no crashing. Since it's only a replica, I can't really provide any link there, sorry!

I am still looking for another VPS to keep a 3rd replica set member, but it's been pretty hard. I like OpenVZ because it is generally cheaper, so finding a host that has a proper version of the OpenVZ kernel is challenging.

Hope this can help others, as I'm sure it's far too late for the OP

You would like to look st offers that promote vswap instead of burst as vswap is used on more recent openvz installations.
    Prometeus.com & iperweb.com Hosting Solutions since 1997
    We are LIR (RIPE NCC member) and do BGP with ASN 34971 Multiple gigabit/s network capacity
    iwStack.com IaaS Cloud services

Ruiner summarized nicely, but fyi here is more info on Mongo on OvZ:

https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-1121
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor