Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    US Web Hosting Recomendations

    Can I get some recommendations about (preferably) US based web hosting solutions? I need a Windows web based hosting for ASP.NET 4.0. I'm looking into using Umbraco for my CMS and I will also be developing some other ASP.NET web apps to run on my site as well. I'm trying to find a company that has a 3 or 4 month contract and won't run over $160 a year.

    I've heard a lot of great things about SoftSys and would be interestd in using them, but I just can't pay the yearly fee right now in order to get their low price.

    This is going to be used for a personal web site, but I might convert it into more of a business sited in the near future. I want to find a company that I can grow into, maybe I'll eventually move to a VPS plan if things work out.

    I've looked at
    • arvixe.com
    • softsyshosting.com
    • accu web hosting
    • mochahost.com
    • discountasp.net

    Anyone have good/bad experiences to say about these companies or is there someone else you would recommend?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    165
    I've used reliablesite.net, however that's many years ago now Was quite satisfied but needed to move to a linux platform
    Regards
    Jacob

  3. #3
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC >> 100% Uptime SLA, Premium Network, 24/7 On-Site Techs
    DDoS Protection INCLUDED with every server! Increase your uptime.
    Premium Miami and New York City Metro Data Centers with Self & Fully Managed Servers

  4. #4
    I've used discountasp.net

  5. #5
    If you are looking to upgrade to a VPS down the road you may want to consider looking at the hosts and see who has upgrade options to VPS and how easy the upgrade would be. Check if you can get your data migrated or you will need to do everything manually

  6. #6
    arvixe.com would be the best out of that list!

  7. #7
    I've use Arvixe.com basic and they have issues with:

    1. FTP
    2. Cpanel

    Some times!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by crjunk View Post
    Can I get some recommendations about (preferably) US based web hosting solutions? I need a Windows web based hosting for ASP.NET 4.0. I'm looking into using Umbraco for my CMS and I will also be developing some other ASP.NET web apps to run on my site as well. I'm trying to find a company that has a 3 or 4 month contract and won't run over $160 a year.

    I've heard a lot of great things about SoftSys and would be interestd in using them, but I just can't pay the yearly fee right now in order to get their low price.

    This is going to be used for a personal web site, but I might convert it into more of a business sited in the near future. I want to find a company that I can grow into, maybe I'll eventually move to a VPS plan if things work out.

    I've looked at
    • arvixe.com
    • softsyshosting.com
    • accu web hosting
    • mochahost.com
    • discountasp.net

    Anyone have good/bad experiences to say about these companies or is there someone else you would recommend?

    Thanks!
    discountasp is the best ones based on my experience.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by todsmith View Post
    I've use Arvixe.com basic and they have issues with:

    1. FTP
    2. Cpanel

    Some times!
    Cpanel isn't used for windows hosting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
    Posts
    184
    I have heard name of mochahost.com and discountasp.net lots of time shall be good web host.
    B4UIndia Web Technologies - Web Hosting India Service Provider.
    Domain Name | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting Specialist from India
    99.9% Network Uptime, 24/7 Technical Support
    Follow Us on Twitter @b4uindia More Info Visit: B4UIndia.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,214
    Haven't you looked at stablehost ? they are good in all aspects, have have US location also.
    ▓▓ 9xhost.Net - Limited
    ▓▓ Quad Core Dedicated Servers with WHMCS - Click here
    ▓▓ Windows VPS Plans - Click here
    ===============================================

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by public_html View Post
    Haven't you looked at stablehost ? they are good in all aspects, have have US location also.
    They don't offer windows hosting

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by top hosting View Post
    discountasp is the best ones based on my experience.
    Thanks for the recommendation. We are glad your experience with our service was a positive one
    Doug - DiscountASP.NET: ASP.NET & TFS Hosting
    - Voted "Best ASP.NET Host" by DevProConnections, Visual Studio Magazine, CodeProject, & asp.netPro Magazine
    - Data Centers Located in the USA & UK
    6 Months Hosting, No Setup Fee!

  14. #14
    We also tried both DiscountASP and Softsys and both found satisfied.

  15. #15

    Thumbs down Stay away from mochahost

    I was a client of a shared hosting with those guys for a year... then it all started going wrong, after they made some IP changes. my websites wouldnt work, their service couldnt find a solution, and they didnt refund me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some Recomendations For New WHT members looking for Web Hosts...
    By FernGullyGraphics in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM
  2. Hosting Recomendations
    By rschwarz_jr in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 10:48 PM
  3. Need recomendations for new UK web host
    By Pons2000 in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 03:08 PM
  4. UK Hosting - Recomendations?
    By Grazie in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:04 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •