Thread: Help me?

Help me?

Hi,

I need a VPS provider recommendation.

It needs to be fast, have at least 100GB of diskspace and 1000GB of bandwidth.

It's for a social network that is expecting to have 3,500 users from the beginning.

With cPanel/WHM. It also needs to be managed because i'm not sure what of the ins and outs of a VPS

Xen and somewhere in the USA or UK

The important thing is, that we have MySQL, a high traffic limit and of course PHP and safe_mode off

Budget? Around $30 per month.

I like the look of wired tree, but at the moment it's a little too expensive for me.

If you can help i'd be appreciated.

TMZVPS?
    Have you checked them?
    1 of the best VPS Provider in VPS Industry.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Hi!

1. I am almost certain with that budget you will not find a reliable provider. Xen just makes that worse .

You will need to up your budget a bit, to find a reliable provider. There is a reason why wiredtree etc., are expensive.

Search the offers section and see what you find. Paste it here and we can assist you better.

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarnanhealy View Post
    It needs to be fast, have at least 100GB of diskspace and 1000GB of bandwidth.

It's for a social network that is expecting to have 3,500 users from the beginning.

With cPanel/WHM. It also needs to be managed because i'm not sure what of the ins and outs of a VPS

Xen and somewhere in the USA or UK

The important thing is, that we have MySQL, a high traffic limit and of course PHP and safe_mode off

Budget? Around $30 per month.
    cPanel alone is going to run most providers about $10 a month, which leaves $20 for a VPS that can handle the massive quantity of MySQL queries required to run a social site. We're probably talking about at least a 2GB VPS to handle that kind of traffic. You might check out http://www.lowendbox.com to see if you can find something that fits your needs.

However, to be frank, I think you need to triple your budget to get a service that's reliable and fast enough to fit your needs. Remember that you don't have a business without good hosting -- the hosting, first and foremost, makes the site. Probably not a good idea to skimp on hosting from the start. Just my $0.02 .

Good luck with your search!

Cheers,
    Dave
    Cheap VPS Hosting with minimum 99.9% SLA.
    State College, PA VPS Hosting