Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    Hi all,

    Things were looking good to start off with, but since then, CPU has been spiking up to 100% again. I'm going to ask my host whether there is a PHP cache installed on the server.

    As I've said, the problem can't be related to plugins whatsoever. All plugins have been disabled, but CPU usage is still high.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    6,373
    Caching is not the issue and even if the server has it installed, it shouldn't cause your site to overload. So now that we went through the basic checklist your possibly going to need someone to go into your site and see what exactly is going on.

    If all the plugins are off and your using the default theme then either there is an issue with your core WP install or something is happening in your account which is not related to WP at all, but again we can only try to guess what could be wrong.
    ██ 48-14 Servers & VPS for 2013, Coming Soon!
    ██ Specialized in WordPress Hosting & Security Since 2006
    ██LiteSpeed Reliable Secure 99% Uptime Guarantee Softaculous Daily Backups
    ██ Email: sales [@] 48-14 .com Twitter: @4814

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    Caching is not the issue and even if the server has it installed, it shouldn't cause your site to overload. So now that we went through the basic checklist your possibly going to need someone to go into your site and see what exactly is going on.

    If all the plugins are off and your using the default theme then either there is an issue with your core WP install or something is happening in your account which is not related to WP at all, but again we can only try to guess what could be wrong.
    I'm fairly advanced with WordPress and the code. Are there any specific things you could give me to look at? There's nobody that I know of (who I trust) that can help me out and look through the site for me.

    Thanks!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by celticpride678 View Post
    I'm fairly advanced with WordPress and the code. Are there any specific things you could give me to look at? There's nobody that I know of (who I trust) that can help me out and look through the site for me.

    Thanks!
    No worries and since you like getting your hands dirty I will send you a message on some more things to do.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    No worries and since you like getting your hands dirty I will send you a message on some more things to do.
    Excellent! Thank you for all of your help!

    And also...host doesn't offer memcached on shared hosting (which I sort of expected to be the case)

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by celticpride678 View Post
    Excellent! Thank you for all of your help!

    And also...host doesn't offer memcached on shared hosting (which I sort of expected to be the case)
    that's a shame wordpress w3 super cache (with setup memcache) works quite nicely

    joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

    www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    19
    I had exactly the same problems with my Joomla site on a shared hosting package with a well-known provider..

    I now with a specialist host who specialises in Joomla hosting and all is ok for now, but my hosting costs have trebled.
    http://www.1mix.co.uk Its all about the music..

  8. #33
    I'm having this issue as well--with a shared hosting account on Stablehost. I have a Wordpress site which gets very low traffic, but is causing CPU overusage. Tech support said they traced it to my wp-cron.php file. I've deleted my backup plugins. Here are my current, active plugins:

    Askismet
    Custom CSS
    File Gallery
    Google Analytics Yoast
    Nextgen Gallery
    P3 Plugin profiler
    Simple Lightbox
    Wordpress SEO

    Any ideas what could be causing the overuse?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In the Internets
    Posts
    3,430
    Does the issue go away when you disable your plugins?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_wolf6 View Post

    Get a hosting that has not Cloudlinux

    This is an advice from someone who faced the same problem before and tried a lot of solutions.
    Same freaking issues I have.

    Care to share a few host that isn't on cloudlinix?

    Thanks!

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    Does the issue go away when you disable your plugins?
    Hard to say, because I only get the "overusage in the last 24 hours" warning...I can't check CPU overusage minute to minute or hour to hour, right? Disabling all of my plugins would make my site not viewable, which I don't want to do for 24 hours (I use gallery and lightbox plugins).

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In the Internets
    Posts
    3,430
    Quote Originally Posted by fellig View Post
    Hard to say, because I only get the "overusage in the last 24 hours" warning...I can't check CPU overusage minute to minute or hour to hour, right? Disabling all of my plugins would make my site not viewable, which I don't want to do for 24 hours (I use gallery and lightbox plugins).
    If you click on Resource Usage, it'll show you recent graphs where you can see if the issue is still going on.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    226
    Check the waterfall of http requests. Determine if something is loading slowly. That could point you in a direction on where to look in some cases.
    █ █ █ ███████
    Purdy
    Designs

    Shared Hosting | Web Services
    WEB-HOSTING & DEVELOPMENT

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    If you click on Resource Usage, it'll show you recent graphs where you can see if the issue is still going on.
    Ah, I see...I'll try disabling plugins then, thanks.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by srpurdy View Post
    Check the waterfall of http requests. Determine if something is loading slowly. That could point you in a direction on where to look in some cases.
    Where do I check http requests?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by fellig View Post
    Where do I check http requests?
    If your using Internet Explorer or Chrome. Push F12

    If your using firefox. (Download firebug plugin for firefox) push F12.

    After pushing F12 a box will show on the bottom of your browser.
    There should be a network tab in this box. Click that. Than do a hard refresh of your browser (while on your website) to see what is loading, and how long it is taking to load.

    You could also use the online benchmarking tool. Like gtmetrix.
    http://gtmetrix.com/

    These tools can help you if it's something that gets loaded client side. If it's server side like bad php or mysql code. Than at least you will know for sure it's not visible client side. Ruling out all possible situtions. Eventually you can figure it out, but it's best to rule out as much as possible instead of looking aimlessly for it.
    Last edited by srpurdy; 02-02-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    █ █ █ ███████
    Purdy
    Designs

    Shared Hosting | Web Services
    WEB-HOSTING & DEVELOPMENT

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by fellig View Post
    they traced it to my wp-cron.php file.

    Can you ask them for a run down the wp-cron.php usage? Is it being hit with traffic?

    Also...why not start a new thread since this one was two years old.

  18. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How do I reduce my crazy wordpress CPU usage?
    By crazlunatic in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 08:25 AM
  2. CPU Usage for wordpress on Shared Hosting
    By tharun in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
  3. Wordpress Plugin causing high CPU usage
    By waqyum in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 10:31 AM
  4. Server CPU Spiking
    By MrSaints in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 01:45 AM
  5. Wordpress CPU usage..
    By thezombiehunter in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •