Question Downtimes and Server Performance @ EUKHost?

EUKHost have good fees for their VPS packages but I read that there have been problems with server downtimes in the past. Is this still the case and would they be a good choice for a VPS hosting provider in the UK?

If it is bad in the past, it can be better today.

Why not try them first before you conclude?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Why not try them first before you conclude?
    I guess that is what this forum is for.

Personally, I have no experience with them at all.

Question

I would truly appreciate your opinions on this host. Would they be a good choice for my VPS or Cloud hosting setup?

I didn't have a great time when using EUKHOST for a VPS. I assumed my site was hogging resources so upgraded to a dedi with them which, apart from really crappy set up issues, was 100% fine for a year.

Anyway, turns out the VPS was just totally pants, as I'm now on standard shared hosting and performance is still great (with vidahost).

[edit]

The senior admins are actually pretty good over at EUKHOST, and posting on their forums seems to get things sped up a bit. First line/live chat probably are not suitable for diagnosing serious problems
    www.SneakSMS.com
    Anonymous text messaging
    Send SMS messages from anybody's number

Quote Originally Posted by Lithops View Post
    I would truly appreciate your opinions on this host. Would they be a good choice for my VPS or Cloud hosting setup?
    My recommendation is take a look at FutureHosting....see in the VPS offers section.

That is the best bang for the buck in the UK without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    My recommendation is take a look at FutureHosting....see in the VPS offers section.

That is the best bang for the buck in the UK without a doubt!
    +1 from me there.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

Hey, I've seen positive and negative things about EUKHost just by doing a quick search here on WHT. It just depends on what you need and want. I did see a few things from a few months ago about a downtime issue they had on a few VM nodes, which might be what your talking about. But, something I've learned quickly here... just because one client has a negative expereince with a well known hosting provider, doesn't mean you will also. Now don't get me wrong, you could have a bad time with them too, but it's a 50/50 chance. A hosting provider can't please everyone... It just depends on what is needed and wanted from that provider. I've seen some clients say they are very happy and have great performance and uptime. I would do some more searching and maybe contact them, ask them a few question's about what all things you need, uptime requirements, and so on to see what they say and then do your own little background check and decide from there.

There's plenty of UK VPS providers though... Is there a reason why you just want to use EUKHost or only asking about them? I'm just curious..

@ sneaksms: Thank you for your opinion. Does anyone have similar expereiences with their VPS?

My most important aspects for chosing a provider are:

1.) Cheap hosting for the first months, as I need to establish the site first before adding further resources
    2.) Live chat support for technical issues
    3.) A site that appears to be on its own server

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    My recommendation is take a look at FutureHosting....
    Ty. It looks like they are based in the US though?

@ p0go: You are absolutely right and I agree that all opinions are individual. However, after reading a few posts about any provider you are starting to get a better impression.

Is there a reason why you just want to use EUKHost or only asking about them? I'm just curious.
    I have done reasearch on them a year ago and found that they offered very good rates at that time. Also refer to my three points above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithops View Post
    Ty. It looks like they are based in the US though?
    They have multiple locations....one is London.