Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ddos Attack

SupportHub

Ddos attack cannot be prevented 100%. You need to contact NOC to check this issue on router level also.

Quote Originally Posted by SupportHub View Post
    Ddos attack cannot be prevented 100%. You need to contact NOC to check this issue on router level also.
    What is the average time to contact NOC, and to check the issue on router level.

Thumbs down What a shameful reply

I raised a Ticket on Thursday, 16 February 2012 1:19 PM about the data base error.

After 3 days when not get any response from a very big hosting company "Hostgator" I hired some guys to check whats the problem going on.

So I send a mail to to Hostgator to cease the work for sometime, then they replied me.

Hello,

I have ceased work, they walled the server that they are installing nginx at this time, which will likely help with load.

Best regards,
    Andrew W.
    Linux Systems Administrator
    HostGator.com LLC
    http://support.hostgator.com

which will likely help with load. What a shameful reply

I suggest moving to a provider who specializes in ddos and yet is still affordable

http://staminus.net/

I want to take legal action against Hostgator, Is their any way ??

Plz PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by bnimbhal View Post

Plz PM me.
    are you real?

you've upset someone they've launched a massive DDOS on your site. Hostgator has taken it down so as not to adversely affect other poeple in the same rack. They aren't a DDOS mitigation provider and have helped you (probably more than they should have)

now you want to take legal action?

i'd think again

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

I was having a dedicated server, as I know Hostgator is a big company.
    If a small company can solve the problem within 4-5 hours, now what you say about the service of the Hostgator.

And I suggest you to plz read the previous posts.

Plz PM me.

lol, sure... Hire a lawyer that will take your $400/hr and may tell you what you want to hear until you are no longer able to pay them. I don't think you could get a dime from HG and in my humble opinion, your a pain in the ass because HG is under no obligation to provide you ddos mitigation and can discontinue services to you for any reason at any time.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 6+ years. | Powerful CloudLinux servers.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | cPanel shared.
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Million Thanks to Woo Servers.

I appreciate their services, thousand-thousand times better then Hostgator.

Hostgator are just making fool of their customer, their technical team is full of idiots.

I moved my two servers to Woo Servers, and their response time is not more then 2-3 min. And their server are very much cheap as compare to Hostgator.

Million Thanks to Woo Servers.

I appreciate their services, thousand-thousand times better then Hostgator.

Hostgator are just making fool of their customer, their technical team is full of idiots.

I moved my two servers to, and their response time is not more then 2-3 min. And their server are very much cheap as compare to Hostgator.
    There is no need to spam is there ?

Hostgator has decent services but they're not the top dog when it comes to DDoS mitigation . However , the OP makes me think that DCs/server providers should keep a list of people that we collectively ban from hosting . I mean seriously what decent webmaster talks like that ? If anything the guys deserves to be DDoSed .

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseXS View Post
    should keep a list of people that we collectively ban from hosting
    http://www.spamhaus.org/

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
    There is no need to spam is there ?
    How can you say that this thread is only to post spam.

How can you say that this thread is only to post spam.
    Not the whole thread (D)dos attacks are a serious concern only the post i quoted there is nothing wrong with mentioning who your hoster is (if your a customer and not an employee) but 1 time is more then enough.That's why the quote button exists btw to respond to a particular post

I don't know why I am getting this Ddos attack
    Thanks for your reply, I am having 2 dedicated server with you and one reseller package. your services are pathatic and now I am transfering all my server to some other host. Apart from this I will also post all the chat details and other ticket shot on all web master forums .
    ??? Strange
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Hello,

... but since you recently firewalled hostgator out from accessing your server I have no way to confirm or deny this at this time.
    I can't believe what I am reading here. The chairman of Hostgator offers to help you mitigate an attack on your dedicated server (which you manage) and even offers to compensate you, and you reply by bagging him and then making idle threats. Amazing!!!!

Why don;t you just let the man help you instead of letting him have it in a public forum?

Oh, I just checked out Wooservers for a sales inquiry. Unfortunately they are all offline. Hmmmm... Good move...

NB: I am not with Hostgator, nor do I work for them, But I call a spade a spade when I see it.

Still not get any refund from hostgator

Hi,

Still not get any refund from hostgator.

See the attached screenshot,

I was having some more screenshot, but I think they are using 'Vanish'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-2.gif  

Hi,

they want to communicate and talk about the DDoS and about the refund

You aren't entitled to any refund as you got exactly what you paid for. We aren't responsible for DDOS attacks that affect the uptime of your dedicated server. If I am going to issue you any type of refund I'd like to talk to you first as already discussed. I emailed you the following on the first and have yet to receive a response from you......

"Received on: 2012-03-01 00:19:07
    Hello,

I've been having a very hard time reaching you on gmail. What is a time that you will be on at that I can talk to you? If you could email me the time back in central USA time I'll set my alarm and look for you online.

Please let me know.

Thank you for allowing me to work with you!
    "

Hi,

You don't have a right to a refund.You should be glad they want to talk to you as they are in no way obligated to this.You have a website causing a (D)dos not Hostgators problem but yours.Why (on earth) do you think you are entitled to a refund ?

I'm going to side with HostGator on this one. They do not offer DDoS protection, and you firewalled them out of your server. I would not refund you a single cent.

Varnish is not going to protect you against a spoofed synflood. Since you seem so eager to throw money at this issue, you might as well throw money at a Cisco ASA 5505 or 5510 to put in front of your server. You're not going to be able to move anywhere and not be a target if they know your domain. Even if you sign up for CloudFlare, they most likely will still target your server's IP, rendering CloudFlare useless.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharooni View Post
    I'm going to side with HostGator on this one. They do not offer DDoS protection, and you firewalled them out of your server. I would not refund you a single cent.

Varnish is not going to protect you against a spoofed synflood. Since you seem so eager to throw money at this issue, you might as well throw money at a Cisco ASA 5505 or 5510 to put in front of your server. You're not going to be able to move anywhere and not be a target if they know your domain. Even if you sign up for CloudFlare, they most likely will still target your server's IP, rendering CloudFlare useless.
    So... a Cisco ASA (which cripples at 300kpps/300mbit/s) is more effective than some strong iptables? lol.

Yes. Unless the client has enough $$ to buy his own Guard XT of course. It is not HostGator's responsibility to filter the attack. They can do what is feasible to take the edge off of the attack to attempt to retain the client, but an attack of this nature is just going to keep coming unless their infrastructure changes (whether it be horizonal/vertical scaling, load balancing, UTM).

Quote Originally Posted by zacharooni View Post
    Yes. Unless the client has enough $$ to buy his own Guard XT of course. It is not HostGator's responsibility to filter the attack. They can do what is feasible to take the edge off of the attack to attempt to retain the client, but an attack of this nature is just going to keep coming unless their infrastructure changes (whether it be horizonal/vertical scaling, load balancing, UTM).
    It was a rhetorical question. ASA's are useless for ddos mitigation. It isn't HostGator's responsibility, but recommending an ASA isn't going to help the OP either.

I agree with that statement. By itself, yes ASA's are quite tacky. However, given that we don't know the details of the attack, and the multitude of ways to break Apache remotely, an ASA in combination with a reverse proxy such as Pound or NGINX might provide a *little* bit of relief for the OP, unless he wants to contract services of a real DDoS mitigation provider.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast