Cabinet Colocation in Dallas, TX

Hi there,

I am starting to look at renting a cabinet in the Dallas, TX area. We provide a website that is mostly used by US customers and Dallas is somewhat centrally located instead of hosting on either coast.

Right now I am looking at 42" cabinet to store 2 VPN routers, 2 load balancers, 8 servers (6x R610s, 2x R710s), an iSCSI storage array (equallogic) and 4 switches. I figure about 18-20 amps of 220V is needed when I added it all together.

We do about 3TB of transfer per month and want the colocation to provide the cross connects so we don't have to deal with network providers.

What is the rough cost per month for this setup? I am located in the Seattle area so remote hands is a must after setup.

Give Colo4.com a call. They offer superb service and their remote hands staff is very knowledgeable. Whereas most places swap out their techs every couple of months (before they even really know what they are doing), Colo4 hangs on to the great majority of them, so they are well trained and very familiar with the facilities. I'm not sure what their price range is for what you are asking, but they will be competitive while providing superior support than anybody else in town.
    TailorMadeServers.Com - Dallas Dedicated Servers since 2003
    joseq@tailormadeservers.com | ICQ (222963955) | AIM (TMS JoseQ) | Skype (TailorMadeServers) | Yahoo (tailoredservers) | http://twitter.com/tailoredservers

Colo4 is a good choice, we recommend them. Their bandwidth pricing can be a little higher than other similiar options, but because your usage is really quite low the bandwidth aspect of the equation will be insignificant.

Good luck!
    ColoCrossing - Dedicated to Uptime
    Jon Biloh | jbiloh@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716 | Skype: jbiloh
    DDOS Protected Colo & Dedicated Servers in BUF, CHI, DFW

Contact Andrew at Cartika.com. They can give you a cab in Databank.

I'd recommend Ubiquity. I've not used them in Dallas but have in Chicago and NY, so can only assume their Dallas setup is equally amazing. You also have Colo@ and Quadranet in Dallas.

Are you looking for A/B power in the Cabinet?

Take a look at GIPnetworks. Their pricing is reasonable and their service is top-notch.

Follow us @kazila

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    Contact Andrew at Cartika.com. They can give you a cab in Databank.
    thanks - we do not do collocation directly, but, our sister company - www.cologlobal.com provides colocation services within Databank

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    In the meantime I have been approached by hosting.com (although he never emailed me the quote he promised ), CoreXchange, ViaWest and Ubiquity. Ubiquity is definitely the most expensive at almost $1800 MRC whereas others are around ~1300-1500.

Quote Originally Posted by Colo4_VP Biz Dev View Post
    Are you looking for A/B power in the Cabinet?
    Yes, I am looking for 60a 220V total (30a ea).

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpipe View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    In the meantime I have been approached by hosting.com (although he never emailed me the quote he promised ), CoreXchange, ViaWest and Ubiquity. Ubiquity is definitely the most expensive at almost $1800 MRC whereas others are around ~1300-1500.

Yes, I am looking for 60a 220V total (30a ea).
    Nice to know who's breaking the forum rules.

The difference in pricing is because on your list of four, only CoreXchange and Viawest own their facilities in Dallas.
    iCall Carrier Services - Carrier-grade VoIP services from a licensed CLEC - http://carriers.icall.com
    Domestic termination and origination, toll-free origination, A-Z International termination, dedicated servers, and colocation in our wholly-owned datacenter
    Real-time ordering via our control panel or XML-based API with over 20,000 numbers in stock

Quote Originally Posted by voipcarrier View Post
    Nice to know who's breaking the forum rules.
    We haven't approached anyone, a mod can verify my PMs, etc.
    BudgetVM - VPS and Dedicated servers
    Mike Gazzerro, Account Manager
    Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles
    DDOS protection on every IP on every server.

I see now. The OP has used a popular (and reputable) lead generation service.
    BudgetVM - VPS and Dedicated servers
    Mike Gazzerro, Account Manager
    Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles
    DDOS protection on every IP on every server.

I didn't know I was violating the rules and my apologies for this.

Yes I did use a service to get the ball rolling because its a fairly high priority project.

My apologies all around again, I attempted to edit but the 15 minute grace period has expired. Opening up a help desk ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpipe View Post
    I didn't know I was violating the rules and my apologies for this.

Yes I did use a service to get the ball rolling because its a fairly high priority project.

My apologies all around again, I attempted to edit but the 15 minute grace period has expired. Opening up a help desk ticket.
    You didn't break any rules - providers aren't allowed to private message people with quotes. If you used a quote request tool on this site or others obviously they can send you quotes
    iCall Carrier Services - Carrier-grade VoIP services from a licensed CLEC - http://carriers.icall.com
    Domestic termination and origination, toll-free origination, A-Z International termination, dedicated servers, and colocation in our wholly-owned datacenter
    Real-time ordering via our control panel or XML-based API with over 20,000 numbers in stock

Ah got it.

I re-read the rules and see that bit on there about PM'ing people asking.

Sorry about the confusion.

Trey @ Corexchange
    Jay Smith - Vice President
    http://www.cyberverse.com
    (866)551-COLO
    sales@cyberverse.com

http://www.colounlimited.com/

They are a subdivision of Corexchange. I have been with them for a week now and they have been amazing so far. Awesome routes all over the world, and I kept the port maxed for 8+ hours rsyncing backups with 0 issues.

Check their post out in the offers section too if you like.

+1 for CoreXchange / ColoUnlimited

Very stable network.

Colo4 also gets a thumbs up
    JAXVPS Web Hosting Solutions - http://www.jaxvps.com
    Offering Premium SSD Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting Since 2010
    VPS servers available in both Jacksonville and Chicago locations

colounlimited offers real CHEAP pricing in DFW
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

Quote Originally Posted by quotecolo View Post
    colounlimited offers real CHEAP pricing in DFW
    Yes, they are indeed cheap, but in my option also very high quality.

21. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!