BuyVM 6 month Review

I signed up with BuyVM last August. I chose BuyVM because of their reputation on Lowendbox, their community on IRC which I enjoy idling in and asking random questions, and the fact that the annual plan for KVM was $25 (128mb).

I use the server for game hosting, file hosting for work (easier to host the files on the web than email to customers), OpenVPN, DNS server, Web Server, and Mail server. The server has performed flawlessly for everything I have asked it to do. The connection speed is good, no unexpected downtime.

The support has been great when I have needed it, the community support in their IRC channel can handle most of the questions, everything else gets answered via the ticket system in a reasonable amount of time. Their seems to be quite a few staff members handling the tickets / maintenance of the servers.

BuyVM is more like a community to me and I am glad to be a customer/part of it. It has given me the inspiration to try new projects, like a server status page, and the mail server.

TL;DR I would recommend BuyVM in a heartbeat.
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

Thanks for the review!

For a 128MB VPS, you sure give it a run for its money. Hopefully the E3 improvements help make it even better

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

nice
    it's the (out of stock) company
    I hope they got a new stock
    Web Developer

Glad to hear you're happy with it, they do seem like an exemplary budget host!

Still need to do something with my BuyVM VPS. Currently all I use it for is hosting a couple characters of text, and sometimes to run some network checks on other servers.

http://jono20201.com/
    Jonathan Martin
    - MPServ LLC
    - MPServ.net - Quality Game Server Hosting - Minecraft - GMod - Team fortress 2
    - Custom Control Panel - Average 1 hour support response - Instant Activation - Amazing Prices!

Gotta give credit to Francisco, really pushed the budget market and has been running a very tight ship over the past 2 years.
    SonicVPS.com - Automated VPS Provisioning