Hostigation 7 month Review

I signed up with Hostigation last July. I chose Hostigation because they were offering KVM for $3 a month (128mb plan) and it had the unique location of South Carolina with the bonus of IPv6. I stayed with Hostigation because of the relationship I built with the owner Tim (And because its so cheap). I use the server for a DNS server, Game hosting, Web hosting, and OpenVPN (When I want to avoid the MLB blackout rules for MLB.tv).

The server has performed like a champ for everything I have asked it to do. The speed is good, there is no unexpected downtime.

The support Tim provides has been great, I can reach him through IRC most days, or submit a ticket if I don't see him on. He allowed me to choose which IPv6 address I wanted (I like spelling things with the addresses). He has included me on 2 day beta where I got a 1024mb server for free to play with. I mentioned I was buying a WHMCS license and he offered me a cheaper deal then what I could find elsewhere. I love how accessible Tim is, how quick he responds to any issues, and his generosity. Also I love zombies so I find his website to be very attractive to me personally.

TL;DR I would definitely recommend Hostigation to anyone seeking inexpensive KVM with IPv6.
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

Good to hear a good review! I have had a 128MB OpenVZ VPS I'm using for a DNS server since late November, and I've been very happy with it. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them for my next project.

Please update us your review next few months.

Humm, good review, still im also a hostigation client and i would say Tim is an acquired taste, sometimes a bit too blunt for my taste...

like on one side it took me 5 days to fully setup my vps and the issue was on the node side and i kinda had to track down the solution myself for Tim >_< and the recent forced charlote move was kinda threatening with a "you can move now or i will force you to move later and you will have undetermined downtime" well i complied even though i had better things todo and i still had an hour or so of downtime...

but on the other side i did have some issues that were my fault (Tim was quick to point them out) but still my vps was never turned off during the issues and without me tinkering it has performed quite well, speedy node/network, past 6months only like 10min downtime (not counting charlote move) and it was network related, so pretty spanky good!
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    recent forced charlote move was kinda threatening with a "you can move now or i will force you to move later and you will have undetermined downtime" well i complied even though i had better things todo and i still had an hour or so of downtime...
    There really was no good way to handle the Charlotte move without dragging it out for months, and to get some 500 VPS moved in a month I felt was stellar, and in the end last Saturday there were only about 40-50 VPS that never responded and the last KVM and OpenVZ nodes were driven up to Charlotte. About 15 years ago when I renumbered out of upstream provided IP space into my own space, it took 3 years, I was not going to re-live that experience, and now everyone is on my IP space so any future move if it should come to that can be moved very easily. So I do apologize for your inconvenience, but hopefully the colo at Caro.net will provide you with much better performance for a long time to come.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    There really was no good way to handle the Charlotte move without dragging it out for months, and to get some 500 VPS moved in a month I felt was stellar, and in the end last Saturday there were only about 40-50 VPS that never responded and the last KVM and OpenVZ nodes were driven up to Charlotte. About 15 years ago when I renumbered out of upstream provided IP space into my own space, it took 3 years, I was not going to re-live that experience, and now everyone is on my IP space so any future move if it should come to that can be moved very easily. So I do apologize for your inconvenience, but hopefully the colo at Caro.net will provide you with much better performance for a long time to come.
    I thought the move went well. I had a configuration issue with my name servers that I couldn't figure out for a while, but that was an issue that existed between my chair and the keyboard if you know what I mean.

yep, move went well and as far as i can tell (haven't had time to test it out), the performance is pretty much the same, so no problem there, and i do understand the reasons, but the customer in me doesn't like to be rushed, pushed or otherwise forced to do anything! especially on a Saturday with a impeding doom of 24hours of downtime...

not saying that it didn't need to be done, totally understand it and i hope i do get better performance out of it, just that i didn't appreciated the way it was handled, like me the customer working for you, around your schedule/needs, when it should be the other way around...

(ps: dont get me wrong about hostigation, im just stating my opinion on a non-issue, like i said above my vps is working great and i have no complaints, if i had them i would have posted a ticket in the proper place.)
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    i hope i do get better performance out of it
    With what seems to be 1/2 the country (or a large amount of it) at home connected via rr.com, most are reporting huge improvements, and if you don't see them, hopefully your visitors do.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter