hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Reseller hosting across multiple servers

Forum Jump

Reseller hosting across multiple servers

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Reseller hosting across multiple servers

Hi

I'm looking for a reseller hosting account allowed to provision customers across multiple servers. Each server may have 5 or more shared IP's.

Example;I need to provision customer A to server1 and Customer B to Server2 and so on. Then customer A could use different shared IP's for their websites. Then customer C may provision in server3 or server1 depending on the requirement.

If anyone knows of anyone that can offer a WHM/Cpanel/ or other control panel solution with multiple IP's (ideally in different c classes in different Geo locations) I'd be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I would have a look in the offers section.

You could always ask hosts if they offer this by sending in a pre-sales ticket.

What sort of budget do you have and which location?

- Ashton

FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

Old
Web Hosting Master

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but this sort of functionality is built into WHMCS. I would imagine most other billing apps have it as well. It is common for hosting companies to have more than one server.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Do you want to split account in same server on different shared IPs ?

===============================================

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but this sort of functionality is built into WHMCS. I would imagine most other billing apps have it as well. It is common for hosting companies to have more than one server.
Typically this feature only allows newly provisioned accounts to be placed on different servers, and doesn't allow resellers to create new shared accounts on new servers.

The only host that comes to mind that offers this is HostNine.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I would do this with different reseller accounts,from different companies,and provision clients through whmcs. What's your budget?

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
I would do this with different reseller accounts,from different companies,and provision clients through whmcs. What's your budget?
I thought of doing that, but with many websites and customers difficult to manage. If I could not find hosting provider I may end-up going that way.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettB View Post
Typically this feature only allows newly provisioned accounts to be placed on different servers, and doesn't allow resellers to create new shared accounts on new servers.

The only host that comes to mind that offers this is HostNine.
Thank you, I will take a look at HostNine

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by public_html View Post
Do you want to split account in same server on different shared IPs ?
I wanted to do in same server and also wanted spread across the location. What I mean I need servers different geographical locations.
Example one server in West coast and another in east coast or one server in USA and another in Europe and so on

Old
Disabled

you must have big buget in that case.. getting resellers in different locations is worth some money... i would start of one by one.. and if you think you could manage to pull clients then build up on different locations but spend wisely incase !!!

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I think that will be very difficult to manage your resellers using this way, take a look at offer sections, there is always someone offering something good.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I am reading between the lines that the OP is looking for a single reseller account with as many different IP's as possible in different /24 netblocks for the lame reason of "SEO Hosting" so that they can manage all of their accounts from the 1 place to set up their spam link farms.

* Note Classful addressing went the way of the dinosaur so asking for different Class C addresses is a dead giveaway that you are looking for "SEO" hosting.

It is not a standard feature of a control panel and would only be available from a host with a custom setup or from a billing/provisioning perspective using WHMCS as has been noted.

In reality, if you are doing this for SEO purposes, which I am pretty sure is the reason you are looking for this it is likely that the same bunch of IP's are used by others for "SEO" hosting.

I hope that there is someone who offers this sot of thing and charges a lot for it. Then, all the SEO spammers will buy the same solution and inter-link their sites from the same IP's. In just 1 or 2 Google Algo updates Google will see a pattern and penalize all sites linked from this "bad neighborhood" addresses and set back your "SEO Hosting" efforts.

Forget trying to Spam the Search Engines, you will be found out.

< / end rant >

Old

Thank you all for helping and advising me

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

That is very easy to do. You can do what your talking about with WHMCS. You just need to make sure that the host you pick will allow you to acquire the IPs you wish. Everyone is getting picky about giving out IP addresses.
You can pick which server is used for which package and such.
Just off the top of my head I think you could achieve this by setting up WHMCS with server groups for each area and then attaching the package you create to those groups that you wish them to use.

So you could have Package1-US attached to the US server group. Then when someone signed up for it then it would assign them to that server group and setup the account.
You could just repeat the setup mentioned for each area you wish to serve.

R1Soft Backups * Softaculous * RVSiteBuilder * End User Support

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutabovehost View Post
That is very easy to do. You can do what your talking about with WHMCS. You just need to make sure that the host you pick will allow you to acquire the IPs you wish. Everyone is getting picky about giving out IP addresses.
You can pick which server is used for which package and such.
Just off the top of my head I think you could achieve this by setting up WHMCS with server groups for each area and then attaching the package you create to those groups that you wish them to use.

So you could have Package1-US attached to the US server group. Then when someone signed up for it then it would assign them to that server group and setup the account.
You could just repeat the setup mentioned for each area you wish to serve.
I think he not only want just create account multiply,but want a easy transferring of whole cpanel datas.
As far as I can see,only hostnine offer this type.
I also want to achieve that,but I think it must have root access of reseller account.