hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : webhostingpad.com - awful support - awful response time (avg 2000ms)

Forum Jump

webhostingpad.com - awful support - awful response time (avg 2000ms)

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Thumbs down

webhostingpad.com - awful support - awful response time (avg 2000ms)

Just a message on webhostingpad.com, have been hosting for a few month and use monitoring tools to check uptime and response time and i have to say that the response time is really bad avg over 2000ms which is awful.

When i complained to support they told me to read the fine prints when I signed up.

They make you sign for multiple years, but after 1 month they do not return any money even the unused months should you decide to cancel - which is not wrong in itself because its part of their terms but still disappointing.

Live support is rarely online and the people are rude.

Anyways a let down - should be avoided.

PS: if anyone know of a good shared host, with at least 200gb bandwidth/month please let me know.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Host Reviewer

$2/month for a 5 year term on a huge plan (or "unlimited") is a bit unreasonable to begin with. I'd have been mighty suspicious of that. While $2/month hosts can be excellent, I'd never sign up for more than 1 year at a time.

I think you need to re-evaluate your needs, and up your budget.

Carefully choose a better host.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by web18designer View Post
use monitoring tools to check uptime and response time and i have to say that the response time is really bad avg over 2000ms which is awful.
Where are the monitoring nodes located exactly?

Sponsored Links
Old

In the US and EU, 5 nodes, 100 connections per node - I use the premium service from www.monitor.us

I'm using around 20 different hosts right now (for around 60 websites), and monitor all of them.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
$2/month for a 5 year term on a huge plan (or "unlimited") is a bit unreasonable to begin with. I'd have been mighty suspicious of that. While $2/month hosts can be excellent, I'd never sign up for more than 1 year at a time.

I think you need to re-evaluate your needs, and up your budget.

Carefully choose a better host.
You are right, I was actually on a 'Power Plan Plus' plan 6.99/month (1 Year) - they show you a 2/month plan, but then they up the price if one does not subscribe for 5 years. 1 year is the minimum.

Anyways my fault, better luck next time.

But just wanted to warn others that their hosting is crap

Old
Disabled

If you never used their service before, it's not good to sign up for multiple years. But it's really bad they don't refund people for account cancellation.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I am sorry to hear your bad experience them.

What kind of site that need 200gb bandwidth/month you have there ?