Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Even K-disk.net who had a good rep closed down eventually, though I'm not 100% sure whether that what due to them offering Master Reseller hosting.
    Hi,

Please don't talk slander, K-Disk is in no way "closed down" we have taken over the brand from Keith and it is steadily growing. We also have lots of exciting plans for it, it is not closing down or going anywhere.

Best,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by FTN-Kevin View Post
    Hi,

Please don't talk slander, K-Disk is in no way "closed down" we have taken over the brand from Keith and it is steadily growing. We also have lots of exciting plans for it, it is not closing down or going anywhere.

Best,
    Kevin

*took over by someone else then. Not slander.

All of the providers I know offering Master Reseller hosting at WebHostingTalk have shut shop after 1-2 years. Even K-disk.net who had a good rep closed down eventually, though I'm not 100% sure whether that what due to them offering Master Reseller hosting.
    K-Disk was hacked because of the WHMCS exploit which lead to their servers being well... "rooted"

Then afew weeks later Keith sold the brand to another business.

I think it was to do with bad hardware and they have since changed datacenters.
    Dan from EZPZ hosting has been having hardware issues leading from deffective hardware from SoftLayer I believe.

And cd /home can't backup what he's saying because he doesn't even seem to advertise his site anywhere.
    The industry as a whole is much much bigger than this place, Also WHT seems to attract the type of "I want everything for nothing"

Only a handful of the brands which I am associated with advertise here on WHT other brands advertise locally and on other forums which are part of the Niche market which they deliver to.

The particular brand which sells Master Reseller hosting isnt on WHT nor uses WHT to advertise as we dont want to be part of the slit throat down driving offers section...

He gives the impression he has learnt a lot about Master Reseller hosting, etc since he closed SLDHosting a year or so ago. Well fair play to him...
    I knew alot before hand but have secured my knowledge further from market research and studying the trends of reseller hosting something which came at great expense to me.

but it'd better if he backed up what he was saying. cd/home (aka SLDHosting) what is your company? And you can answer it because it was a direct question from me?
    Am tied to NDA so releasing in-depth information is not allowed by me, However once the NDA's are past I,ll be happy to release such information and you never know the brand might just appear here on WHT

Seems strange that no one at WHT even knows the company you are offering Master Reseller from?
    Thats because the brand doesnt advertise on here same with alot of other businesses in the field...
    Last edited by cd/home; 02-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    The industry as a whole is much much bigger than this place, Also WHT seems to attract the type of "I want everything for nothing"

Only a handful of the brands which I am associated with advertise here on WHT other brands advertise locally and on other forums which are part of the Niche market which they deliver to.

The particular brand which sells Master Reseller hosting isnt on WHT nor uses WHT to advertise as we dont want to be part of the slit throat down driving offers section...

I knew alot before hand but have secured my knowledge further from market research and studying the trends of reseller hosting something which came at great expense to me.

Am tied to NDA so releasing in-depth information is not allowed by me, However once the NDA's are past I,ll be happy to release such information and you never know the brand might just appear here on WHT

Thats because the brand doesnt advertise on here same with alot of other businesses in the field...
    So the company you own/work for don't advertise on any website/forums. That is very strange considering your business is IT/Hosting related. You make it sound like it does well from offline marketing alone.

Anyway, back on topic... I gave one suggestion... EZPZ. And as FTN-Kevin replied mentioning they took over K-disk.net ... there's another one. I haven't used any of them so am not recommending them. There's a few the OP can consider/try though.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous

All of the providers I know offering Master Reseller hosting at WebHostingTalk have shut shop after 1-2 years. Even K-disk.net who had a good rep closed down eventually, though I'm not 100% sure whether that what due to them offering Master Reseller
    A majority of the people who were posting that thread complaining weren't even K-disk clients to my knowledge, we have tried contacting some of them to try to sort out their issues after the acquisition with no response.

Myself and other members of my staff posted in that thread several times and was ignored by the people trolling it that were bashing keith for not replying even though he wasn't in control of the company at the time. eventually a moderator stepped in and closed the thread and linked our press release about the acquisition.

So the company you own/work for don't advertise on any website/forums.
    Yes it advertises on the internet and certain forums but it only advertises at places which are relevant to the market which it caters to and since it doesnt provide to the everthing for nothing market we dont use webhostingtalk as an advertisement strategy.

That is very strange considering your business is IT/Hosting related.
    Not every IT/Hosting related business uses WHT...

You make it sound like it does well from offline marketing alone.
    With a mixture of online/offline its doing well, Very well indeed.

Not every IT/Hosting related business uses WHT
    I never meant just using WHT. I mean using any sites/forums.

Anyway, back on topic...
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous

I never meant just using WHT. I mean using any sites/forums.

Anyway, back on topic...
    If you actually read what I have put you will know the answer to your questions...

Yes, Back on topic thanks for the debate.
    UK Based Server Management
    Tel: 0203 189 1159

If you actually read what I have put you will know the answer to your questions...
    I did read what you put, and yes, you gave answers. Still something strange about it.

Yes, Back on topic thanks for the debate
    Agreed. You're welcome.

I've been successfully providing master reseller plans for almost three years now. Whoever says they all fail in 1 year is dead wrong.
    It's all about the provider, not the fact that it's a master reseller, or plain ol' reseller program.
    Quality hardware, proper management, and proper software are the key factors in successfully providing master reseller programs.
    Obviously, trying to run a master reseller from a typical VPS is a bad idea for a variety of reasons; which it seems, many attempt to do.
    Chris Walker
    http://www.siterack.net
    Shared Hosting / Master Reseller / Reseller / HostReady cPanel VPS / DynaServer Adjustable VPS

11. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12