Your view on this?

Hi,

I really just want some advice. I have been with ThrustVPS for the past year now, probably spending a few hundred pounds with them so I'm more or less I hope considered a loyal customer - only I wish they was loyal to me.

ThrustVPS were very good up to about 2 months ago, I have had a few VPS with them, such as the VPS will go off randomly, or stuff like last night I logged in to find the VPS cut off, went on to VM to see the problem and windows was reporting no connections avaliable, credit to the support though I guess, they logged in and sorted it out after a hour or so.

That's not the only problem, the VPS really has been laggy lately so I decided to do a speedtest and found that the speeds of the VPS (this is from only about 20 minutes before writing this thread): * 8.23MBPS Download & 5.94MBPS Upload (Couldn't include the image sorry) are actually lower than my broadband connection would you believe it or not. I have had correspondance with the management various times and they never seem to fix the issue you ask them, they'll either come up with some rubbish to cover up e.g. a few months ago I had the same problem and then was told that the node I was on was "busy" or in simple terms "we oversell so our nodes fill up to there necks and you get a rubbish quality VPS".

I just want your advice, is it really to much to expect a working vps that doesn't go off and has internet speeds which top more than my fricking broadband connection?

I tried to not make this a rage but I just want to know what you guys think, ThrustVPS always make it seem like I am expecting the world from them.

They were good a year ago, at one point I had over 350 Xen VPS's an a couple of them windows - but then Rus Foster left and things went down hill. We now don't use them for anything.
    Jonathan Martin
    - MPServ LLC
    - MPServ.net - Quality Game Server Hosting - Minecraft - GMod - Team fortress 2
    - Custom Control Panel - Average 1 hour support response - Instant Activation - Amazing Prices!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono20201 View Post
    They were good a year ago, at one point I had over 350 Xen VPS's an a couple of them windows - but then Rus Foster left and things went down hill. We now don't use them for anything.
    Don't blame you, just done another speed test and got 1.81MBPS Download and 1mbps upload from a VPS..

It's a actual pee take.

Yeah those are fairly poor speeds. If there was an issue with an abusive customer, or a problem with the DC then fair enough you could have allowed them time to resolve the issue. However if they are saying that's as good as you're going to get then... maybe time to move on ?

There is always something that can be done, whether it be moving the high utilisation users to another server or buying more bandwidth. If they aren't prepared to do that then you should consider moving.
    ★Owner of Corgi Tech Limited
    Unmanaged VPS with 99.9% SLA - Windows or Linux

Not the first time I see problems with that provider...

Shame they're going downhill. I used to hear so much good stuff about them.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadS View Post
    is it really to much to expect a working vps that doesn't go off and has internet speeds which top more than my fricking broadband connection?
    Not at all. When your host starts to go downhill, it's time to verify all your backups one last time, and then migrate to a newer and better one.

Eventually, maybe, you'll find an excellent host with whom you can have a long-term relationship. I've been with some of my hosts for anywhere from 2-6 years, and with the eldest ones, I'm as happy now as I was the first month I signed up with them.

Just don't be so cheap that you screw yourself over. That's honestly the biggest issue with hosting.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Hi,

Yeah I am annoyed those because like this months money for the VPS has basically been chucked down the drain because the support hang on stuff or simply do not acknowledge what I am trying to say.

What really annoys the heck out of me is that my friend has a VPS on the SAME node as me -- he gets 50.06MBPS Download & 65MBPS Upload. I mean seriously how is this possible?! are they taking me for a ride?!

I do remember though about 4 months ago a cap was placed on a VPS of mine which was being attacked I have probably told them about 10 times and they simply do not pick it up they give me some frecking dulled response or I get put on to an admin.

Words do not describe how annoyed I am about it to be honest, all that money to be treated like a burden to them.

I've had to put the response I just made in simple terms for them:

Just a quick note:

I have been trying to tell you this for about a month now, my friend
    who has a VPS with you on the SAME node as me gets:

62.04MBPS DOWNLOAD & 51.04 UPLOAD

I get:

5.0MBPS DOWNLOAD & 3.MBPS UPLOAD

do you see the PROBLEM I have here? I seriously don't know why my
    speeds are so low, it's as if they have been capped -- I don't know if
    you still have the cap my account got about 3 months ago or longer
    please can you verify this or something because this month I've not
    recieved the VPS I should and its a total WASTE of my money.

PLEASE SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

I guess the best thing is to stay clear..

What really annoys the heck out of me is that my friend has a VPS on the SAME node as me -- he gets 50.06MBPS Download & 65MBPS Upload. I mean seriously how is this possible?! are they taking me for a ride?!

I do remember though about 4 months ago a cap was placed on a VPS of mine which was being attacked.....
    That is important information to know for proper diagnosis. Why didn't you mention that in the beginning?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    That is important information to know for proper diagnosis. Why didn't you mention that in the beginning?
    I've told them about 9 times as I mentioned, and I just told them again and I got this:

"Hi should be fine now please verify from your end" -- yet it's not fine and nothing has changed. I don't understand why they do not understand simple terms. The connection looks as if it's limited.

I wonder if they glance at the ticket or simply do not understand English. It's driving me physically mad.

I've told them about 9 times as I mentioned,
    I mean us
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    I mean us
    What do you mean? I'm totally confused now ha.