VPS Newbie - Couple of questions

Hey guys,

I am a complete VPS newbie so please bear with me if I seem a little uninformed! I've been using shared hosting for about 11 years now and have hosted multiple sites, many of which I developed myself (I'm a front-end and back-end web developer by day) so I consider myself relatively computer literate! Unfortunately I don't speak setting-up-a-server language though.

After having countless issues with shared hosts I decided to try out a VPS for the first time and after reading these boards I signed up for a managed VPS with JaguarPC.

I plan to host a couple of very low traffic domains with some personal things for now while I learn the ins and outs of this. However I got about as far as setting up my DNS stuff over at godaddy with one of my domains (sofreshnsoclean.net) before I hit a brick wall.

I'm completely stuck as how to get my websites up and running so I can upload files, manage my databases, etc.. etc.. I've used the cpanel in shared hosting for years but the wealth of options available to me in WHM is leaving me without really knowing what steps I need to take to get started!

The most experience I've had with linux is setting up a linux virtual machine with a LAMP stack on my macbook last year. Are there any tutorials for a user like myself to get started with a VPS? I have a centos VPS with cpanel WHM (hosted by jaguarPC).

I just feel a little out of my depth but I want to learn!

Thanks guys!

Nathan
    Last edited by NMFord; 02-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.

If you have a managed solution then your host should help you since you pay a higher price for managed services.

As ezbnc said, you should be able to just contact JagurarPC about the issues you are having and they will be able to fix if you do indeed have a managed VPS with them.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

You can try Google.
    Try searching for unix commands.

Another note is to login to the terminal, then
    man [command]

Since you already have cPanel installed, it should be very easy to get your sites up and running. Depending on your initial load, it's probably just a matter of loading content into your public_html or www folder via cPanel or FTP, then adding additional domains as needed.

JaguarPC will be more than happy to help you out.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.