Email Not Working On VPS Server, Please Help

Hello,

I am brand new to Web Hosting Talk, however i've looked at this site for a while and really enjoyed the amount of content in the forums.

I'm currently having a problem with my VPS and it's Email System

So right now, i have 3 domains hosted, one of them being the server's domain as well.

I can get the email to work on the other 2 domains and can create and use any within cPanel.

However with the main one, i can't get it to work.

I created an admin@ email for it and it says when i try and troubleshoot it that it's an unroutable address.

First off, i did look in the "Edit MX Entry" and that domain isn't there but it is in the DNS Entry with the proper MX entries.

Any thoughts on what i should do? It's been bugging me for a month and i've looked everywhere on this forum and others and can't find anything on it.

Thanks!
    Steve

Hello Steve,

Please send me a DM with your problem. I'm sure I can solve your problem for free.

Regards,
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Sorry for being a noob, but what's a DM?

Welcome to WHT among WHT lovers like us !
    Can you provide here which mail server are you using for your domains so that you will get even better solution regarding this?

Hello and thank you! Im glad to register at WHT and look forward to a great forum!

Currently i am using Dovecot if that's what you mean by mail server.

Quote Originally Posted by limesteam View Post
    Sorry for being a noob, but what's a DM?
    Direct message, and welcome to WHT
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Quote Originally Posted by host-slim View Post
    Direct message, and welcome to WHT
    Ah okay i unfortunately don't have access yet, im assuming it's because im brand new. My account has been verified

Quote Originally Posted by limesteam View Post
    Ah okay i unfortunately don't have access yet, im assuming it's because im brand new. My account has been verified
    I just need one more post apparently then i can

Edit: Nevermind lol i'll just have to wait a bit i guess before i can

Can you try to send via webmail for the same email client to see if that returns a different error message? Preferably Roundcube email client to test for sending. After you try to send using Roundcube,

I can't even login to Roundcube, says it's a bad login info.

I can login until i choose the mail system i want to use to view the mail, which is either Roundcube, Squirrelmail or Horde.

I tried them all and it keeps saying bad login info even though it's the correct information.

If you haven't created any other custom DNS entry have you tried resetting the DNS records?

Also, then go to edit dns and make sure you have selected either automatic or local server only (to be safe). That should get you working with the MX problem.

All the best, keep us updated.

Either there is a dns problem with recipient, you spelled the address incorrectly, or you are a spammer and reached your host's limit
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

He said he's on a VPS, the host won't be limiting him unless they have some sort of physical firewall on the node which I seriously doubt.

Not a spammer for sure, yes, i am on a VPS and it's for the 3 domains i host.

andrewklau, i tried both the automatic and local again which was the default before but thank you for the suggestion. I also tried resetting the DNS and neither worked this sucks and really weird. i can get both the other domains to work just fine with email, but when i do this one, it doesn't work

I've tried both and its weird, they seem fine, thanks for the websites andrewklau!