Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The account is still there. So there is a DNS record on that server. Ask the old host to change the nameserver entries in the DNS record.

Terminate = cancel
    ☆☆☆ Miss Names - Cool domain names for sale! - MissNames.com☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet - WeGotPets.com☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by GORF View Post
    The account is still there. So there is a DNS record on that server. Ask the old host to change the nameserver entries in the DNS record.

Terminate = cancel
    Im afraid he wont do anything for me as we argues, and specially if I am going to stop being a customer of theirs, he hates me...
    No way I can do it from cpanel using simple or advance DNS Zome editor, however dont understand anything in there...

This is strange, both of the owners that cant access have the same internet provider Vodafone Ireland, does not look like caching in pc....
    1. Vodafone Ireland 109.76.118.9
    2. 109.77.94.153 and my ISP is vodafone ireland

I asked my host and I got this as answer:
    The IPs are not blocked in the server. If you suspect some of the requests are still reaching your old host, I have to say it might be the DNS related to the ISPs related. The DNS has changed on 31st January and the propagation won't take more than 48 hours to finish. So this can be ruled out as well.

In the logs you've provided, I see some Google Search results of your website and its pointing to the the Hawkhost server on my end. So its not a Cache on Google, I guess. There is nothing much we can do in this. Hope this is clear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by helenpersson View Post
    Im afraid he wont do anything for me as we argues, and specially if I am going to stop being a customer of theirs, he hates me...
    Then just cancel/terminate the account now.

..., I have to say it might be the DNS related to the ISPs related. The DNS has changed on 31st January and the propagation won't take more than 48 hours to finish. So this can be ruled out as well.
    Exactly. Almost every point of connection along the path from someone's computer to your website's server will cache DNS requests/results to try to speed up your experience. Unfortunately, some do not update as often as they should.

Did your new hosting provider give you a "temporary" link to your site like http://174.36.198.73/~marbella where "marbella" would be your account name? If so, give that to those who can't see the site until their ISP updates.

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet - WeGotPets.com☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by GORF View Post
    Then just cancel/terminate the account now.
    Did your new hosting provider give you a "temporary" link to your site like http://174.36.198.73/~marbella where "marbella" would be your account name? If so, give that to those who can't see the site until their ISP updates.
    Yes they did, didnt thought about that, thanks a lot for your help.
    Helen

wow, no way I can delete the account, I entered my WHM through cpanel and get error, you cant delete yourself etc.
    Then I saw Edit DNS zone so I changed the nameserver there, however not sure if I need to change more things as the ips for email etc and cpanel is still the old host.
    And it does not look ok, so I better delete the account, but how?
    In one site in whm I get error you dont have permission to delete this account, in another place I get error you cant delete yourself. If I try to delete package I get you need to move all the accounts before you can delete the package......

Common Issue

try checking the dns entries on the server and check if their are duplication dns entries!! Also, please make sure the name servers the domain is pointing to is working properly. Most of the time the main probably is the name servers aren't working properly.

I am not experianced with the funtionality of dns server, but I think my advice I gave you above will help guide your thought process to resolving this issue

P.S.: If you have resolved this issue let me know what was the problem so we can learn from your dns issue

First you should check the IPs your NS pointing to, when you add a new website using cpanel it used the current DNS so it might use the old one in the new server.

Second if you used any control panel in your old server and have the DNS management option you can change your A record to your new server so if someone come to the old sever it will redirect to your new one.
    DoHost.US Real affordable Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting | WHM\Master Reseller| Shared web hosting | Domain register Reseller.
    5 Years in business. USA and France Locations, 24/7 Service live watch
    DoHost.us Where to Do Host.

Quote Originally Posted by DoHost View Post
    First you should check the IPs your NS pointing to, when you add a new website using cpanel it used the current DNS so it might use the old one in the new server.

Second if you used any control panel in your old server and have the DNS management option you can change your A record to your new server so if someone come to the old sever it will redirect to your new one.
    As you can see in previous post the DNS records is just fine, dont get add and account in cpanel.....Have not added any account in cpanel, changed host and they gave me a cpanel account.

In old host I have a WHM and in Edit DNS zone I tried to change to my new nameserver and ips, however some things are local and dont know what to change and what not, and on top on the first place I changed to the new nameserver and automatically it was cut to xxxxxx.co. so not sure, looks like nobody entered since I did the changes not sure, I will now tomorrow if it worked or not.

There is problem with DNS, can you please confirm once again the OLD ip on which domain name working , and the current on which you are facing the issue. Is your old host account is active { are you able to access your old host account }

" Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

ns1.hawkhost.com. ['174.36.198.73'] [TTL=172800]
    ns2.hawkhost.com. ['74.86.9.53'] [TTL=172800]

Is the new one? "

and after update of name server please update TTL as well in low . Like 14400.
    ZNetLive
    Web Hosting for Designers & Developers

Quote Originally Posted by znetindia View Post
    There is problem with DNS, can you please confirm once again the OLD ip on which domain name working , and the current on which you are facing the issue. Is your old host account is active { are you able to access your old host account }

" Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

Is the new one? "

and after update of name server please update TTL as well in low . Like 14400.
    Yes this is my new account:

Yes I can access my old account cpanel and whm however I deleted all files.

The incorrect ip is 68.71.137.3 and ns1.genwebserver.com and ns2.genwebserver.com
    It looks like some Isp have not updated there DNS cache.

lol - you can't block your server to the public there is no point - i still dont understand what your trying to accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by preddy View Post
    lol - you can't block your server to the public there is no point - i still dont understand what your trying to accomplish
    Its not me, only trying to do what experienced users told me as:
    "Is the old hosting account still active? That may be causing issues. Try changing the DNS record at the old host to point to the new nameservers. Your old host would likely have to change that for you. If everything is moved, just terminate the account."

wow, no way I can delete the account, I entered my WHM through cpanel and get error, you cant delete yourself etc.
    Then I saw Edit DNS zone so I changed the nameserver there, however not sure if I need to change more things as the ips for email etc and cpanel is still the old host.
    And it does not look ok, so I better delete the account, but how?
    In one site in whm I get error you dont have permission to delete this account, in another place I get error you cant delete yourself. If I try to delete package I get you need to move all the accounts before you can delete the package......
    CANCEL the account with the old provider before things get too messed up. THEY will terminate the account from the server which will eliminate the DNS record there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast