Managed VPS with IPv6?

I'm looking into moving from shared hosting onto a VPS, and while I'm techy enough to run a server I'm more than happy to pay someone else to deal with it.

I don't really mind about server location (my traffic is fairly global) and I don't need a massive VPS - the most important thing for me is top notch reliability and fantastic support.

I've spent some time reading here and googling around, but one thing I've struggled to find much on is IPv6 support - the usual suspects (Wiredtree, Knownhost, Servint et al) either don't offer it or at least don't mention it anywhere on their websites.

So, what decent managed VPS providers are out there offering IPv6?!

Why not contact the host and ask? That's what I do. Surely one of the typical known-good hosts has it. I tend to start my quest for premium type features with the higher-end hosts: LiquidWeb, ServInt, EuroVPS, etc. Then move to the next tier like Futurehosting, etc.

One of them is bound to have IPv6, but you may just need to ask their sales desk.

It's not a feature I've needed, so no quick idea on who does/doesn't.

I know BuyVM has IPv6, so I'd assume Frantech does as well.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Well yes, I'm in the process of trawling through the known-good hosts now but I thought I might save myself some effort if more knowledgeable folks here had any thoughts on the question.

Out of interest, is there a particular reason that pushes Futurehosting down to 'the next tier' for you?

BuyVM/Frantech don't look to do fully managed.

What sort of budget do you have? Any other requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction

The entry level specs with the higher end providers mentioned above - LiquidWeb, Servint and the like - is more than sufficient for now, and I'm happy to pay that kind of $50 rate; I'm just struggling to find any of them that offer IPv6 connectivity.

I guess I'm just surprised that it still appears to be such a niche requirement.

The reason you don't see many managed VPS offers with IPv6 support is because the fully managed VPSes are usually bundled with cPanel and the support for IPv6 in cPanel is still lacking.

Just thought of another one...
    Plesk 10.2 has IPv6 support, and JaguarPC has Plesk 10 plans -- contact them and ask.

Futurehosting has Plesk managed plans, but not sure if they're still on v9. Again, ask.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    The reason you don't see many managed VPS offers with IPv6 support is because the fully managed VPSes are usually bundled with cPanel and the support for IPv6 in cPanel is still lacking.
    Yeah, it's amazing that cPanel is still not supporting IPv6 especially as people have been asking them for it for years...

cPanel doesn't yet support DKIM either, from what I last saw (month ago).
    And then I believe their idea of adding DKIM is removing DomainKeys, which is silly. (Use both!)
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Linode offers management for free now and they will offer it as service in near future. So yea.. I dont think you can find anything better than Linode (and I am sure they will be the only provider that offers managament without any panels.. )

http://forum.linode.com/viewtopic.php?t=8349

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    This is the reason we don't offer it yet. Our network and providers support IPV6. You can reach www.wiredtree.com on IPV6 and were a part of "World IPV6 Day" last year. Once cPanel offers it you will see support for it pretty quickly from us.
    Zac Cogswell / CEI
    Formerly known as WiredTree Zac