Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol this is today! This is absolutely preposterous!!!

3:26:37 PM: John Caza:
    down with the sickness

3:26:37 PM:

Welcome John Caza! Your request has been directed to the Technical Support department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

3:26:43 PM:

Call accepted by operator Representative. Currently in room: John Caza, Representative.

3:26:46 PM: Representative:
    Hello

3:26:54 PM: Representative:
    how may I help you ?

3:27:00 PM: John Caza:
    hey, what's goin on to my vps on vps01

3:27:02 PM: John Caza:
    it's still down

3:27:07 PM: John Caza:
    i was told it would be fixed by now

3:28:54 PM: John Caza:
    well?

3:29:20 PM: Representative:
    yes, issue not fixed with DC yet

3:29:31 PM: John Caza:
    well wtf

3:29:33 PM: John Caza:
    when is it gonna be fixed

3:29:47 PM: Representative:
    not sure

3:30:36 PM: John Caza:
    what do you mean not sure lol... i mean is it gonna be tomorrow, next month, in a week?????? it's been down 5 days now man... i need my data

3:30:39 PM: John Caza:
    i'm dying without it here

Anytime we used WeLinkNYC they were awesome. I formally owned HostPolar as many of you know, and I am absolutely ashamed that I sold this company to Turelio. He seemed like a good fit to take over HostPolar but, all I have read since I sold the company to him was bad things, I just feel horrible and apologize to all my former clients who were happy with the service.

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    Anytime we used WeLinkNYC they were awesome. I formally owned HostPolar as many of you know, and I am absolutely ashamed that I sold this company to Turelio. He seemed like a good fit to take over HostPolar but, all I have read since I sold the company to him was bad things, I just feel horrible and apologize to all my former clients who were happy with the service.
    Maybe next time you will do more due diligence?

Servers are back online. =)
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

create a backup of your data now and start looking for a new company

Unhappy Hostpolar AVOID AT ALL COST!

I started with HostPolar when it was new and after it was sold, I started worrying, but it seemed OK until Tuesday morning this week. Granted, I have their cheapest reseller plan, so I didn't expect much, but everything has been down since Feb 14, 2012.

As I was traveling and had no internet access until I got home, I opened a ticket on the 15th, which they responded quite quickly to, then after a little back and forth, their "support" site went offline completely. In the meantime, I heard nothing from them until late yesterday the 16th when I was able to log back in to "support" and received this response:

----
    Xavier Stanley || Staff 16/02/2012 11:38
    Hi,
    We are really sorry to inform you that we have lost all the datas when our main server was comprmised.
    If you are okay we will create your account on new brand server.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Best Regards,
    Xavier S.
    System Engineer
    HOSTPOLAR.com
    ----

Of course I want my account recreated! Does Xavier think I just want him to tell me sorry, everything is broken? What a poor example of customer service!

My account has still not been brought back online, and I regret ever doing business with the original HostPolar founder.

I did do some more research and decided to go with HawkHost after reading some reviews of them here, most notably a five year review from a HawkHost customer. Thankfully I had backups of the important website I host, so all my customers are back online. I am finished with HostPolar, and will gladly give them a NOT RECOMMENDED rating if anyone asks.

I hope they go out of business as they shouldn't be doing webhosting.

John G.

Sorry to hear it

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them, it's far too easy for unreliable hosts to spring up.

It was a calculated risk on my part. Still, that doesn't excuse Hostpolar for their total lack of support.

At this time I am waiting to see how long it will take them to get my account fixed so I can logon at least once! I have already moved everything to HawkHost which is much more expensive, but has had stellar reviews here on Web Hostalking Talk.

* Hostpolar Provided me with 39% uptime!

My domain on HostPolar was finally re-enabled a full ten days after I first logged a support ticket. I wish I could say they tried to provide support, but I cannot do so in good conscience.

According to the terms of service, they guaranteed 99.9% uptime. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, had I gone a full 52 weeks with them, the uptime would have figured to be about 67%. Since this was a ten day outage in only seven months, the uptime was considerably less, about a 39% uptime.

About every other day, I would get a message from them saying everything was back online, and I would check to see. Every day until the 8th day, nothing worked.

They finally told me to change the nameservers to my custom nameservers, and that didn't work even after waiting 24 hours. Then I asked for the generic nameservers which finally brought my domain online, however the account details were wrong. The final request to correct my account was taken care of and on February 24, I was able to see my domain on HostPolar.

I highly recommend that nobody use HostPolar or AltusHost.

Avoid them at all costs!

Maybe someday I will tell you how I really feel about them....

10 days downtime is bad, but your numbers are slightly off.

10 days downtime out of 365 days comes out to 97% uptime. Ten days out of 7 months (or 210 days) comes out to 95% uptime. So you are correct, either way they are short of the 99% promise, it is not nearly as bad as 67%.
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

* Thanks for the Math Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Jmainguy View Post
    10 days downtime is bad, but your numbers are slightly off.

10 days downtime out of 365 days comes out to 97% uptime. Ten days out of 7 months (or 210 days) comes out to 95% uptime. So you are correct, either way they are short of the 99% promise, it is not nearly as bad as 67%.
    WOW! I knew my math skills (?) were bad, but I didn't realize just how bad they really are! Thanks for the correction and explanation.

I owe PolarHost an apology for making them seem even worse than they really are.

I still do not recommend them.

Best regards!

No you don't jageo, from the looks of it, users are very likely to experience a 10 day outage per month (on average) which would be close to 66% so you're in the ballpark lol. But indeed, avoid this garbage host at all cost.

Hosting with HostPolar/Altushost is like skiing down a black diamond slope at night with no light, all-ice, the first time you've ever put skis on... in other words, bound for failure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12