Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371

    Germany Datacenter who can offer 10gbit bandwidth for less than 10k

    I am looking for a Germany datacenter who can offer 10gbit unmetered for less than 10,000EUR. They must also have good peering with AMSIX, SwissIX and DE-CIX.

    I am looking to switch from another provider so a move in discount for first month would be great but not required.

    I am not interested in LEASEWEB's Germany DC as I am already using them and I am having problems there.

    Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Are you looking for IP Transit, a single server, or colocation?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    2-3 servers sharing the bandwidth.

  4. #4
    Server specs? Desired location in Germany?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Dual quad with 12gb ram and 250gb hdd would do.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
    I am looking for a Germany datacenter who can offer 10gbit unmetered for less than 10,000EUR. They must also have good peering with AMSIX, SwissIX and DE-CIX.

    I am looking to switch from another provider so a move in discount for first month would be great but not required.

    I am not interested in LEASEWEB's Germany DC as I am already using them and I am having problems there.

    Any recommendations?
    Some things just not add up. You want a provider to increase his capacity by n x 10Gbps and want a month free? Ofc n will depend on a provider, but since you will be evaluating service based on that first month, you will expect that n to be as close to 1 as possible, and yet, you want it to be as cheap as possible?..

  7. #7
    try core-backbone.de

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by jpou View Post
    Some things just not add up. You want a provider to increase his capacity by n x 10Gbps and want a month free? Ofc n will depend on a provider, but since you will be evaluating service based on that first month, you will expect that n to be as close to 1 as possible, and yet, you want it to be as cheap as possible?..
    Where did I mention i want 1 month free? I asked for move in discount 10-15% or similar depending upon the company policy. I don't want anything free.


    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlife View Post
    try core-backbone.de
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will contact them.
    Last edited by nix101; 02-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
    I am looking for a Germany datacenter who can offer 10gbit unmetered for less than 10,000EUR. They must also have good peering with AMSIX, SwissIX and DE-CIX.

    I am looking to switch from another provider so a move in discount for first month would be great but not required.

    I am not interested in LEASEWEB's Germany DC as I am already using them and I am having problems there.

    Any recommendations?
    That's a lot of bandwidth. Are you running file hosting or streaming site? How is LeaseWeb German DC?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    210
    Hello,

    You can try Mesh.eu.

    Dino Strzeminski
    Dediserv.eu

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by chasebug View Post
    That's a lot of bandwidth. Are you running file hosting or streaming site? How is LeaseWeb German DC?
    My client is doing video streaming. He own copyright to everything that he streams and can be verified if required.

    Leasweb's Germany DC looks perfect for me but they aren't flexible at all for my requirements.
    Last edited by nix101; 02-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    347
    Does it have to be Germany? Since you're asking for good peering to DECIX, AMSIX and Swiss-IX, Germany does not seem to be a mandatory choice of DC to me. Did you look in countries around?
    Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by globichen View Post
    Does it have to be Germany? Since you're asking for good peering to DECIX, AMSIX and Swiss-IX, Germany does not seem to be a mandatory choice of DC to me. Did you look in countries around?
    Can you suggest some countries? How about some other countries around that area, such as Netherlands, France, or Austria?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    48
    If your users are mainly from Germany you also want a provider with DTAG upstream. Have a look at kgtnewmedia.de.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    347
    What about Switzerland?
    I know some good folks from Init7 who do a really great job in their country.
    Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Do you have any rough idea how much 10gbit cost at Init7?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    347
    10G can be cheap, depending on where your traffic will flow to.
    I doubt that you'll only be needing a cable with 10G of juice. What else will you need? Server? Colo? Support? IPs? ...? ...?
    Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by globichen View Post
    10G can be cheap, depending on where your traffic will flow to.
    I doubt that you'll only be needing a cable with 10G of juice. What else will you need? Server? Colo? Support? IPs? ...? ...?
    I have already listed the spec i would need on this thread. 1 IP per server and no management services would be required.

    I have sent them an email hopefully they can quote me a good price. Thanks for your suggestion.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    347
    you're welcome.

    I'm still wondering how a box like that could push 10G.
    Assuming those servers would come with 1G ports, you'd at least need 10 to fill the pipe. I know there's 10G ports on servers as well, but they still seem to be rare and HDD I/O will not really cope with that either.

    Enlighten me please
    Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by globichen View Post
    you're welcome.

    I'm still wondering how a box like that could push 10G.
    Assuming those servers would come with 1G ports, you'd at least need 10 to fill the pipe. I know there's 10G ports on servers as well, but they still seem to be rare and HDD I/O will not really cope with that either.

    Enlighten me please
    Its live streaming. HDD won't be used for storing anything.

    300mbps avg incoming traffic and approx 4-5gbit outgoing per server. I will take 3-5 servers.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    347
    Is your customer base global or focussed on the german market? or even worse, the french market?

    I'm asking this, because french and german incumbents (France Telecom / DTAG) are known to have peering capacity issues with other players. If you plan to deliver your streams mostly to German and Frensh customers you'll be confronted with this type of issue and your 10G price might suddenly go up if you want uncongested bits to be delivered.

    Just my 2 cents from a few years of experience in this field...
    Last edited by globichen; 02-13-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    Dedicated Servers in Europe and Asia: http://www.server.lu
    SINGAPORE and LUXMBOURG Servers with IPMI
    Peering @ AMS-IX, DE-CIX, LINX, FRANCE-IX, EQUINIX SINGAPORE-PARIS-ASHBURN-CHICAGO-DALLAS-PALO ALTO-LOS ANGELES and LU-CIX

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vaduz/LI
    Posts
    2,582
    Quote Originally Posted by chennaihomie View Post
    Do you have any rough idea how much 10gbit cost at Init7?
    30000-50000EUR depending on connection location (Mauren is in general the most expensive one, Zurich the cheapest - Vienna/Bern in between).

  23. #23
    It would be cheaper to just get one very fast server with a 10Gbit NIC, instead of 3-5 on 10Gbit shared (Dual E5's or a fast E3 + some good ram, SSD, etc). 10Gbit ports are still quite expensive.
    Last edited by virtuallynathan; 02-13-2012 at 05:00 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, UK.
    Posts
    194
    To be honest your best bet is to contact datacentres/hosts with your requirements and asl for a quote.

    I don't really know the German/Bavarian datacentre market too well however, you could try contacting Edis.at as they have a presence in Frankfurt (de-cix), own their own datacentre in Austria and have a presence in Switzerland.

    Hetzner also springs to mind as well as Equinix but if I was you I would just do what I mentioned above, contact hosts which suit you with your requirements.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by globichen View Post
    Is your customer base global or focussed on the german market? or even worse, the french market?

    I'm asking this, because french and german incumbents (France Telecom / DTAG) are known to have peering capacity issues with other players. If you plan to deliver your streams mostly to German and Frensh customers you'll be confronted with this type of issue and your 10G price might suddenly go up if you want uncongested bits to be delivered.

    Just my 2 cents from a few years of experience in this field...
    For now Germany and Swiss markets only. We are already having 10gbit with another company for last 6 months and problems started to come in last 15 days or so. So only we are looking to move. We tried Leaseweb but they wheren't flexible enough to accommodate us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post
    30000-50000EUR depending on connection location (Mauren is in general the most expensive one, Zurich the cheapest - Vienna/Bern in between).
    Thats very costly for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ville: View Post
    To be honest your best bet is to contact datacentres/hosts with your requirements and asl for a quote.

    I don't really know the German/Bavarian datacentre market too well however, you could try contacting Edis.at as they have a presence in Frankfurt (de-cix), own their own datacentre in Austria and have a presence in Switzerland.

    Hetzner also springs to mind as well as Equinix but if I was you I would just do what I mentioned above, contact hosts which suit you with your requirements.

    Thanks for the recommendations.

    Hetzner won't do anything tailor made. Only whats offered on their website is the only solution they offer. I will contact Edis.at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestion for a Germany datacenter with good bandwidth
    By nix101 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. [OVH FR] 10gbit Bandwidth. Dual Xeon. 24x1TB drives 448/m
    By Host Ultra in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 09:43 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •