reputable host for vpn vps

Hi,
    Looking for a vps provider that allows tun/tap, mostly for voip traffic. Managed preferably.

regards.

Hello CreativeD,

That shouldn't be a big problem to find. Do you have a location preference? And specifications for the VPS?

Regards,
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Us based is ideal. Recently bought a vps from a good company but they don't support tun/tap, will keep the account but need a vps for the vpn. 256-512 is a good amount to startwith, hd is irrelevant, good ping times and good support/service is required. Thanks.

What sort of budget do you have for this? This will help us to narrow the search

budget is about $50, though i will pay for quality service.

Make yourself a list of good potential VPS hosts -- then read their KB/FAQ, or contact them.
    I took a quick look at JaguarPC, just for an example, and this is in the KB:

Is VPN (e.g. openVPN) via the TUN/TAP device supported in a VPS?

VPN support for a VPS via the TUN/TAP device is available on Linux VPS only. Please contact support if the device is not loaded in your VPS. The TUN/TAP devices cannot be supported on Windows VPS.

NOTE: Once we enable the TUN/TAP device, you will need to install the VPN software yourself. We do not install it or provide support for it as it is 3rd party.
    This is a feature I've not needed to date.
    If and when I do, this is the exact process I'd use to find the right host.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||