Cheapest CDN Out There?

Hi I was wondering what the most inexpensive video streaming content delivery network was, meaning the one with the best rates per TB. This could be for a site that uses about 200-300TB a month

300TB A MONTH? That's extremely high. What are you planning to do with all this transfer?

200-300TB is high, but not out of question. Plenty of people who do video streaming can push that much.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

200TB is a nice chunk of traffic, but for CDN's that's no biggie.
    Check out CDN77.com, Dediserve.com, maxcdn or perhaps highwinds.

They all have plenty of capacity and reasonable pricing.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

What is your definition of "cheap" and what is your budget? This can help us give you better suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by cvar View Post
    Hi I was wondering what the most inexpensive video streaming content delivery network was, meaning the one with the best rates per TB. This could be for a site that uses about 200-300TB a month

best and cheap then I will give a try with highwinds for requirement
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

I know maxcdn is a reliable provider. I'd contact them first. and give highwinds a call too.
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

Not sure 100% if CloudFlare does just static content, but possibly check them out?

MaxCDN definitely recommended by me.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    200TB is a nice chunk of traffic, but for CDN's that's no biggie.
    Check out CDN77.com, Dediserve.com, maxcdn or perhaps highwinds.

They all have plenty of capacity and reasonable pricing.

D
    isn't it a bit of a conflict of interest to recommend cdn's that you basically run the backend of?

Post Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by SolaDrive View Post
    Not sure 100% if CloudFlare does just static content, but possibly check them out?
    We honestly don't handle streaming content well (should be on a subdomain we don't touch in DNS settings). We also don't cache video files.
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

Check out Cloudlayer CDN of Softlayer, they're pretty reliable.

300TB is not high , 1000 -2000 TB using some live streaming sites.Normally they make their own networks using 1gbps servers, if not they have to sell their lands or vehicles to pay for CDN CDN prices criminally high in this world.
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

I'd personally recommend RackSpace CloudFiles CDN (which is delivered by Akamai).

That said it entirely depends on your budget, it's ~ 10c/gb/mo disk, and 18c/gb bandwidth at the standard rate, but I haven't had any issues with them at all.

http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/public/files/pricing/

At 300TB b/w + disk capacity, that'd be just shy of $31k/mo
    Though with those requirements they could probably do a better price for you.

RackSpace do allow streaming.

- Matt

Thumbs down

300tb - 31000USD = Criminal
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

16. It may not be the cheapest, but we've had excellent service thus far from MaxCDN.

Quote Originally Posted by LankapartnerHost View Post
    300tb - 31000USD = Criminal
    I'm sure that at that usage rate - things become a bit more negotiable .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@HostSense View Post
    I'd personally recommend RackSpace CloudFiles CDN (which is delivered by Akamai).

That said it entirely depends on your budget, it's ~ 10c/gb/mo disk, and 18c/gb bandwidth at the standard rate, but I haven't had any issues with them at all.

http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/public/files/pricing/

At 300TB b/w + disk capacity, that'd be just shy of $31k/mo
    Though with those requirements they could probably do a better price for you.

RackSpace do allow streaming.

- Matt
    I would agree with that - they certainly do have a solid product, backed by one of the bigger players in the industry as a whole (two, actually - Rackspace itself and Akamai )
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Another solution would be setup servers by yourself... 500$ for managed x 6 of them=3000$/month
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !