Ripped off and or lied to!!!

Is there any true 24/7 tech support you can talk to these days?

We tried 2 different out, and the support was either never available, available with someone who could do something very simple, and least but not least something usually got done, either a day or 2 weeks later. What the heck?

We do a pretty good back ground check on a host before we check it. Make sure it is not a reseller or if it is a reseller, we try our best to find as much pro's and no con's. Every company starts some where and with more clients they expand and last long one hopes.

The worst part is that the one client we were dealing with shortly ago was a non-profit and helped lives.

To the host owners out there that take advantage of false advertising, over charging, delaying / excuses, and so much more...Good luck. One day the government will catch up and probably audit as much as the u.s. as they can online. Any unpaid taxes or scams (false advertising to back up a case they may have) will arise. That's just a fact on google.

Sorry guys. Had to let this out here. After 2 vps hosts in a row we are not happy campers.

Now before you mention dedicated server or your own rack would simply be overkill.

A a few dedicated servers will be needed (may just co-locate) later on. One thing at a time for now.

Our company helps charitable causes, finance, natural health, and more.

The client we have now is not a chartiable cause (We are semi-sorting that one out), We do need one for a new start up.

We charge some clients later one once they are flush with finances as when you can afford to be generous to a good cause or a belief, why not.

Setup like yesterday...

WHM, 50 GIG SPACE, 2MB RAM, 700GB / TRANSFER A MO., 3 IPS...

Month by month and then we can sign the client on to annual terms.

This company will grow and I am sure they will need to hop on a few dedicated servers in 6 to 12 months time. Long term.

There are so many offers and people posting needing things. We are wondering if we are the only ones who have had major problems with 24/7 tech support or other issues described. We just crazy???

Anyways everyone...

As standard as this sounds, What the f***? 2 vps hosts in a row? Don't you guys want to make money? The quick money goes guys!

Now...the standard part.

Where is the best place to go and or can someone offer some tylenol to a repeat of headaches we go through. This time it just happened 2 in a row so the frustration had to be left out.

FutureHosting and Knownhost are the ones to look at!

Support at EuroVPS and Stablehost always responds within 10-15 minutes. Resolutions range from a few minutes to a few hours max, but it's almost always same-day resolutions. Neither offer "cheap" VPS plans, so be willing to pay a fair amount for their managed VPS services, safely knowing quality techs are available.

FH, Jag and KH are good, but a bit slower. Still same-day (within 24 hour) for resolutions.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by cholme View Post
    There are so many offers and people posting needing things. We are wondering if we are the only ones who have had major problems with 24/7 tech support or other issues described. We just crazy???
    Perhaps you just chose badly, despite your research. There are certainly bad VPS providers out there. But it could also be something different: maybe your expectations are out of line with the plans you're buying. Were these unmanaged VPSs? What sort of support were you asking for? And most importantly...
    WHM, 50 GIG SPACE, 2MB RAM, 700GB / TRANSFER A MO., 3 IPS...
    That's pretty high-spec for a VPS. What's your budget?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

I don't think that's high spec -- not really. It just looks high spec these days because of all the budget hosts and kiddie hosts running around with tiny resource $5-10 accounts.

I have several VPS that area easily double the size of that.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Here is my suggestion. Do. Your. Research. Before. Buying!

There is far too many kiddie hosts these days that actually make up the large majority of VPS providers. These are the bad hosts that you will get burned by. Always do your research and go with a well known, reputable host. Also, the lowest price is not the best! Usually these VPS hosts have very low prices and that is for a reason........because they will run off soon. Also I believe you are looking for a managed VPS as you want 24/7 tech support?

@OP: Trying on a budget host will give u only abnormal results. Don't have too much expectations on them. Try a host like servint, I never had to wait for more than 5 mins for a reply and 15 minutes for resolution. If at all it would take longer, they would keep me in loop (last hosted 2yrs back)

Good day, cholme:

I'm sorry to hear about you and your client's troubles.

One of the problems we all face on a regular basis is that just in the U.S. alone there are approximately 30,000 to 35,000 hosting providers... and many of those are either resellers, resellers of resellers, and countless ones run by people without business experience.

The best thing you and others can do are as follows:

* Do lots of home work including digging into the provider's domain name registration information, who manages or owns their IP addresses (this does not necessarily mean the party manages the servers... just whom do they get the IP addresses from), the data center the provider uses, and so on.

* Most businesses require some form of registration. Check the records.

* Call the provider, and ask hard questions with the information you researched in front of you.

Last year, we went to outsource having our web site redone with WordPress. We wanted to try local businesses first, so we gave them first shot.

We had a local Lancaster, PA business whose company name in English means, "Truth" so you would hope they would be honest...

Since they also offered hosting, we did our homework first to find out they are at The Planet (which is fine; a good company).

Yet, when asked if they had their own data center, they LIED stating yes.

When I pointed out they are at The Planet, they LIED again stating they own The Planet, and The Planet manages their servers.

When I pointed out the legal structure of The Planet, they tried to rebuff until finally they stated they just rent the server at The Planet; and since they are not admins, if they run into trouble they call The Planet.

Guess who was quickly crossed off the list for being LIARS?

So unfortunately, you do have to do enough home work to ask hard questions, and see if they answer truthfully or not.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Simply comes down to budget and expenses, reduced prices do not permit the payment of a large number of technicians who can help you, as others have said go with recognized provider and to obtain a better service, just my two cents
    Business in a Box & Adsense WebSites
    ---------------------------

Linode are great for fast, consistent support, from what I hear. We've got our master with them, hence we haven't actually needed to contact support at all often.

Out of curiosity, when someone seeks a 24/7 support from a VPS provider what exactly do you need the support to be able to do? Please give us some examples.