* Servers 500 Review - Bad Host

Servers 500 is not a company to trust or purchase servers with. Please scroll to the bottom for the Pros and Cons. I went with them because of their price alone and I will talk about my experience here:

Note: I went with their Linux Reseller Plan

Their live sales chat offered me Python support, SSH and 3 dedicated IP addresses and an instant setup. I ordered and told the person in live chat, who was clearly self taught in english, that I had but he left and my service was not set up. When I contacted them again using my real name, they ignored the call but when I used a fake name and email they would pick up. I told them that it was not setup and about 10 hours later, I got my service email.

The service had 2 SHARED IP's, no SSH and no way to run python scripts. I then contacted support and they ignored my real name so I had to use a fake name again. I asked them to set up my SSH and to add 1 IP and make the others dedicated. The person told me that they did not support SSH and that there should only be 2 IP's and they are shared even though it is plainly advertised on their site as 3 IP's. This alone was not acceptable but I descided to let that slide and asked them for a method to run python files (as you need a console or SSH access). They told me that it was my problem and that I sounded like an inexperienced computer user.

I told them that you can not show Python support if you can't run python scripts, at which point, he told me they had Softalicious script installer, which installs sites like wordpress. I was getting fustrated with their blatant ignorance and asked them to sort out the python issue or remove it from their advertising, at which point I got IP banned from live chat! They had descided to ignore me further more as all support tickets I submitted were automatically closed and not answered. This was 2 days in by now.

I weighed up my options:
    • Open a paypal dispute
    • Use a program like TOR to change my IP

I descided on the latter as I wanted to give them one more change to make this right between us. I downloaded and setup tor to change my IP address and contacted them on live chat. I got hold of a person named "Alex" who seemed to be incharge of this whole operation. I told him that I would like a full refund, in accordance to their own Money Back Guarantee but he kept saying that I needed a better reason than false advertising, false claims and not providing the promised items (The IP's). I told him that it would be hard to find more bad reasons about my first 2 days at which point he said "me will do it" and banned me from chat for the second time. I waited for a couple of hours with no refund and no reply. I then descided to contact him again through another IP address but got banned even before I got to start talking. I have now moved on to a paypal dispute but I do not hold much hope anymore.

I would beg anyone reading this NOT to go with them, no matter how cheap their plans are. It is not worth it. Luckily for me I only lost $25 USD but imagine if you had bought a $90 plan or even a $150 plan?

Pros:
    • Very Cheap

Cons:
    • Very rude Live chat
    • Ignorant Service with tickets not being answered
    • 3 of my IP's were banned just because they did not want to give me what they offered
    • They use nulled WHMCS
    • They claim they are US based but their english is terrible
    • Their 3 day money back policy does not seem to mean much

Sorry to hear you are having issues, keep us updated if it cannot be fixed it could be time to look for a new provider.

* :(

Quote Originally Posted by RaidLogic View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having issues, keep us updated if it cannot be fixed it could be time to look for a new provider.
    Yep. I have already signed up with another comapany called web host maker.com (Remove the spaces. It seems to go to *********** if I type it as one word). Their support is very good even though they could use a couple of lessons in English basics. I will try to keep you updated on what happenes.

Looks like they are banned on wht thats not a good sign.

Yeah. Well I was hoping they might reply since they have banned me from their website but now they can't. I sent in a piracy ticket to WHMCS about them using nulled software.

Yeap, I would strongly recommend you to look at WHT offers section. There are more amazing host from there.
    Faris Aziz l sales[at]hostient.com
    http://hostient.com - Secure Quality Hosting At Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Faris Aziz View Post
    Yeap, I would strongly recommend you to look at WHT offers section. There are more amazing host from there.
    I descided to go with web host maker for now but if they are no good, I will look in the offers section.

Quote Originally Posted by alterarch View Post
    I descided to go with web host maker for now but if they are no good, I will look in the offers section.
    If you are hosting valuable and important websites, do not wait further. Because **** happens anytime.
    Faris Aziz l sales[at]hostient.com
    http://hostient.com - Secure Quality Hosting At Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Faris Aziz View Post
    If you are hosting valuable and important websites, do not wait further. Because **** happens anytime.
    Yeah I learnt that lesson when JustHost descided to delete 2 years and over 200GB worth of data that I had not backed up. I am now always caustios enought to have a minimum of 2 backups of everything.

Thanks for your review, I was going to buy hosting from them. Please keep us updated.

Some really bad news. I made the mistake to contact them on Google Talk using my email address and it got hacked. I had the same password on their WHMCS as my gmail account (Which I normally don't do) and he logged on, changed my language to indonesian, changed my security question, phone number, email address and password. I then immediately contacted google and they sorted the issue out by restoring all my details and adding SMS phone verifacation for logging in. This guy had deleted all my emails from September 2011 Onwards before he got signed out when google reset my account.

I know this guy is the same guy as the ********** owner, Alex as their IP's match (Google gave me the guys IP). I had Alex's IP from the Livezilla chatlog. Soon after, he sent me an email saying:
    Hello **My name here**,

Nice for you

i cant login to your gmail again
    but i have all your data ^_^

good luck for u & good luck for ur security ~

Regards
    Indonesia Cyber Hack
    His IP is: telkom.net.id:125.160.52.12
    His name is: Malaikat Loncat
    His email is: malaikat.loncat@yahoo.co.uk

I have already reported abuse to yahoo but can anyone else recommend something that I can do? I have changed all my passwords and security questions. I have searched up and Indonesia Cyber Hack seem to be a name he made up on the spot to inflate his ego.

12. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!