Android/iPhone friendly VPN service.

I am looking for someone offering a VPN service that will permit me to connect seamlessly and without trouble from apple ios devices as well as modern android devices.

The objective is not to tunnel traffic to the internet (although that would be nice too). What I am looking for is setup similar to Hamachi where I will be able to use the VPN to traverse NAT and access services running on Windows machines behind firewalls at multiple locations (home computers)

Anyone know of a service that could be leveraged for something like this? Could this easily be setup myself and make financial sense for only a handfull of users?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

you can set it up yourself on a small vps using openvpn. I havn't tried it on ios but in android it's relatively easy in 2.3 (gingerbread) havn't tried in ICS yet to import your keys and use the built in vpn also openvpn has an android app you can use. Pretty easy using the guide on openvpn's site to get NAT forwarding to work for all traffic.
    http://www.lethaltech.net/
    sean at lethaltech dot net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by celthunder View Post
    you can set it up yourself on a small vps using openvpn. I havn't tried it on ios but in android it's relatively easy in 2.3 (gingerbread) havn't tried in ICS yet to import your keys and use the built in vpn also openvpn has an android app you can use. Pretty easy using the guide on openvpn's site to get NAT forwarding to work for all traffic.
    OpenVPN isn't supported by the iOS kernel. The only way to get OpenVPN working on an iOS device is to jailbreak it.
    Andrew Benson - DJAB Hosting
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Unmanaged & Managed VPSs (OpenVZ & Xen), Dedicated Servers, and more
    www.DJABHosting.com - Business Class Hosting Solutions
    Now offering Pittsburgh Colocation, VPN, and SHOUTcast Hosting!
      0 Not allowed!

Try Astrill, I've been using it for long. Very easy to set on any iOS devices. All instructions on their website under "Download"

Good Luck
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, a PPTP VPN is cross platform (ad I will admit it is not the best but it gets the job done). It works natively with iOS and Android (WinMo support as well). The advantage is that you dont need to root or Jalbreak the device to use it.

The problem is however many mobile phone providers filter out the GRE Ports. In my case, I actually had to get a dedicated IP address assigned to my phone
    Keith I Myers
    CEO and Founder - RemoteRAM.com
    The world leader in Cloud Based RAM
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
      0 Not allowed!

Bandwidth for the pptp server is the best option, and includes both handsets are not Jlbryk!
      0 Not allowed!

7. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!