Where do you want your VPS to be located?

Hello guys,

I've been asking myself for a couple of days now and decided to ask here to see what response i get.

Where do you want your VPS to be located and why? I've seen a lot of interest for the USA and for Netherlands but are there any other countries you would be interested to get a VPS at?

I'm asking this just for informational purposes, thanks in advance for any responses!

Well you need to ask yourself what are you going to do with the VPS, consider the laws and regulations. Where are the majority of your viewers going to be from? What kind of budget are you working with? Different areas are priced differently.
    M3Server - Celebrating 20 years of hosting
    Fully Managed Shared, Virtual & Dedicated Servers
    Chris Stach - chris@m3server.com
    http://www.m3server.com

Quote Originally Posted by stach14 View Post
    Well you need to ask yourself what are you going to do with the VPS, consider the laws and regulations. Where are the majority of your viewers going to be from? What kind of budget are you working with? Different areas are priced differently.
    Actually this question is directed to the users of WHT - i want to see what locations are the most favorite.

Well if I were to create a web site about computer repair services I offer in my area I would want the server some where in New York or close by in another state. Dealing with any site it depends where are my site visitors going to be coming from , what type of content am I going to host and any laws I need to worry about or don't want to deal with.

I see not a very lot of replies, i was hoping i would have got more replies so i can see what are the "favorite" locations.

Anyone else wants to jump in with their preference for location of VPS?

It always depends.
    My personal preferences are for Netherlands, Phoenix and NY/NJ.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

For me :

- Indonesia
    - Singapore
    - San Jose
    - Seattle
    - Los Angeles
    - UK / Kent
    - French
    - Gemany
    - Egypt
    www.erawanarifnugroho.com - my personal homepage

if my customers in UK than UK, Europe - France or Netherlands (the best network speed from UK and EU), as for USA clients Texas.

- UK / Kent
    only one DC comes to my mind, I had issue a 4 years ago (like power failure), I personally recommend the London DCs as they classify as premium DCs and without any issues and speed of the access is very noticeable.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Thank you to everyone for posting your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    if my customers in UK than UK, Europe - France or Netherlands (the best network speed from UK and EU), as for USA clients Texas.

only one DC comes to my mind, I had issue a 4 years ago (like power failure), I personally recommend the London DCs as they classify as premium DCs and without any issues and speed of the access is very noticeable.

Can you post here or PM me the name of the Datacenter in Kent? as i've been trying for a few days to find a good Datacenter in the UK for renting dedicated servers but i am unable to find any that are suitable up to now.

For me Dallas, TX

London UK for me. Due to geographical proximity to myself. I've had VERY good service with Linode's London data center.

NJ for me. There are 4 major cities in close proximity and it has good connections to the EU and the rest of the US.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

U.S:

New York, NY
    Scranton, PA

E.U:

NL
    613websites.comCanadian Hosting and Web Design
    Reliable, fast, customized, and secure hosting!
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | Money Back Guarantee
    Visit www.613websites.com or call 1-800-636-1484

for my legal whitehat operations i use atlanta LA NY or sanjose. my blackhat stuff is russia romainia and amsterdam. Considering to get one in panama next

Dallas, Texas & Florida These locations work well for our customers in Latin America
    Business in a Box & Adsense WebSites
    ---------------------------

I recently migrated my VPS's out of the US to Tokyo.

1. Faster access speeds from AUS
    2. For business purposes I no longer have any "assets" in the US

I think it all depends on your intended usage.

Quote Originally Posted by MattHouston View Post
    Thank you to everyone for posting your feedback.

Can you post here or PM me the name of the Datacenter in Kent? as i've been trying for a few days to find a good Datacenter in the UK for renting dedicated servers but i am unable to find any that are suitable up to now.
    I'd like to see more UK based VPS's myself, if you search then you'll probably have to spell "datacenter" the English way i.e. "datacentre"

There's a name that shows up for Kent and that's Sota F25 Data Center in Sittingbourne, Kent, vooservers.com sell from there (don't know what they're like though). There's also thebunker.net. If you just want near London UK then RapidSwitch.com are just to the west of London in Maidenhead, Berks. I know people that use them and have for some years so might be worth considering if they have what you need.
    I've learned so much from my mistakes - I'm going to make some more!

Thank you for mentioning us. Just thought I would add that as of September 2011 we have fully moved out of Sota due to a number of problems with the data centre and are now based at Custodian in Maidstone, Kent.

Well it depends on your location and the target. Like If you want to target Asia the best country is South Korea because it has great connection with nearby countries

Quote Originally Posted by Erawan Arif Nugroho View Post
    For me :

- Egypt
    citynethost data center has a good prices
    but the speed still not good
    Web Developer

For me (providing services to the United States and much of Europe), I want something on the east coast of the US (middle of the country is alright as well).

If I were to consider something international, I would want it to be in a neutral, Internet-friendly country like Sweden.