Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Angry 247host of 24-host support

    My website is down last 12 hour and nobody picking phone or reply email or support ticket from 247-host.com. can anybody give me any contact number of them. They were not like that before but it seems it getting worse

  2. #2
    I see that they have live support - did you try this way ?
    PlotHost - Cheap Web Hosting Plans since 2008
    24/7 Support | 99.9% Uptime | 15 Days Money Back
    Shared & Reseller Plans - Check our hosting OFFER !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    801
    Toll Free (US & Canada): 1-877-791-3474
    Fax: 1-514-637-4749
    Email: sales@247-host.com

    And their live chat is online.

  4. #4

    No answer

    My site is okey now. But when i post it i tried to contact with them by email, support ticket , live chat and phone. and got No answer from them .

  5. #5
    You should have picked up a reliable hosting before itself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenaphone View Post
    My site is okey now. But when i post it i tried to contact with them by email, support ticket , live chat and phone. and got No answer from them .
    if you have no support then move away.
    Modelwebhost.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMReseller | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept Paypal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, Payza, OKPAY and Bank payments

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Modesto California
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenaphone View Post
    My site is okey now. But when i post it i tried to contact with them by email, support ticket , live chat and phone. and got No answer from them .
    How long have you been hosting with them? Is this the first time you have experienced this type of issue with them? Also, did they provide with an explanation in regards to why your site was down for 12 hours?
    Visit GoFGG.com (FernGullyGraphics) for useful information about web hosting and development.

    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

  8. #8

    247-host

    My site is currently down about 10 sites actually. They have been down for over 27 hours now. Host is saying that they had a hard drive die and have restored the OS now they are restoring accounts. They say they are currently restoring accounts with the username's starting with K, my username starts with J so my account should have been restored.

    Now they are saying that my account was too large and the restore failed. They will try it again immediately. Sites are still down though.

    This is first time I've had my sites down this long, but they have been down before 1-12 hours every month anymore. Used to be flawless the first year I used them. Now every year after that my sites have died 1-12 hours every month.

    Very upset as I am losing money and probably rankings in the search engines. I was on page 1 on positions 1-3 for a lot of search terms, I have a feeling I'm not going to be there anymore. Which means less traffic even after they get my site back up and running which means more money loss.

    I'm looking around for a new web host obviously, anyone know of some good ones? I definitely need:

    • uptime 99%+
    • 25+ domain names
    • 100+ subdomains
    • 100+ MySQL DB's
    • 512MB+ upload file size limit in php.ini
    • 10GB+ storage space
    • 25GB+ transfer BW
    • php support
    • ftp support
    • preferably ssh access, not needed though
    • preferably adult content allowed, not needed though
    • don't care about email as I don't use host's servers for email


    was paying around $80/yr with 247-host would hope to stay around this number.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek222 View Post
    Host is saying that they had a hard drive die and have restored the OS now they are restoring accounts.
    Hardware failures are always difficult, especially when data is lost. Fortunately it seems like they did have backups if they're actively restoring accounts. Any host can experience a major server failure, but what's important is how they react and how well their recovery plan works.

    What you were paying to 247-host was certainly on the budget side, so you may want to increase your budget a bit if you're looking for more quality.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

  10. #10

    247-host.com

    Yes, it is their shared hosting, wasn't reseller, VPS, or dedicated, just plain cheap shared hosting.

    I used to run my own servers from home, but I was paying around $35 - $45/mo in electric cost alone for my AlphaServer, modem, router, and switch to run 24/7.

    I do understand hardware failures are always bad, but I've always ran a RAID on my servers for redundant data. If a drive failed no big deal, pull it, replace it, rebuild data for that drive, system still continued to operate even during rebuilding. Only time my server actually went down was if my internet connection died or power outages that lasted more than 4 hours.

    So I don't know what kind of backups 247-host.com has done, but it is taking forever and starting to think they don't even do backups like their site says they do.

  11. #11
    LOL, well I think I have all my sites up again... no thanks to 247-host.. I had to tell them what commands to run to fix my site. I think their admins need to take a few Linux classes or read some books.

    I'm just glad they ran the commands I asked them to or my sites would still be down waiting for them to figure it out.

  12. #12

    Angry Worst service ever, No tech support & Down a lot of time

    This is the worst service I have every used, if you want a reseller and host other peoples websites forget it I am starting to have calls from angry customers who are calling on a regular basis to tell me they are not getting emails or the site is down.

    247 hosting does not have 24 hour help that is a load of rubbish and is totally misleading, tech support is just a joke as I have a ticket open now from 2 hours ago and the websites have been down for approx 4 to 5 hours and they don't even know about it because they are still sleeping as they are in Canada and we are in UK.

    I would boycott this company at all costs even if it was for fee. It is not worth the hassle you will have customers calling you every other day because of their crap & disgusting service..

    Mark Uk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek222 View Post
    My site is currently down about 10 sites actually. They have been down for over 27 hours now. Host is saying that they had a hard drive die and have restored the OS now they are restoring accounts. They say they are currently restoring accounts with the username's starting with K, my username starts with J so my account should have been restored.

    Now they are saying that my account was too large and the restore failed. They will try it again immediately. Sites are still down though.

    This is first time I've had my sites down this long, but they have been down before 1-12 hours every month anymore. Used to be flawless the first year I used them. Now every year after that my sites have died 1-12 hours every month.

    Very upset as I am losing money and probably rankings in the search engines. I was on page 1 on positions 1-3 for a lot of search terms, I have a feeling I'm not going to be there anymore. Which means less traffic even after they get my site back up and running which means more money loss.

    I'm looking around for a new web host obviously, anyone know of some good ones? I definitely need:

    • uptime 99%+
    • 25+ domain names
    • 100+ subdomains
    • 100+ MySQL DB's
    • 512MB+ upload file size limit in php.ini
    • 10GB+ storage space
    • 25GB+ transfer BW
    • php support
    • ftp support
    • preferably ssh access, not needed though
    • preferably adult content allowed, not needed though
    • don't care about email as I don't use host's servers for email


    was paying around $80/yr with 247-host would hope to stay around this number.
    A host without at least RAID 1? Avoid like the plague.

    On another note, your requirements are fairly modest so you should have no trouble finding a new host.
    UH-James
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

  14. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. 247host.com or micfo.com
    By california765 in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 12:16 PM
  2. Billing/Support Software for UK Host with cPanel/WHM, HELM and ProTX support
    By wheelerc in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 04:08 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •